Serie A 2019, Week 21. 26/01. Milan - Napoli 20:30 CET, at San Siro - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 02:36
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
By the way, this has been been making the news. It makes me feel old as **** but it's nevertheless interesting and probably good: against Napoli, we fielded only players born after 1990.
Our team core is extremely young, with Suso probably being the oldest at 25.

Donnarumma (19)

Conti (24) - Caldara (24) - Romagnoli (24) - Calabria (22)

Suso (25) - Kessie (22) - Paqueta (21) - Calhanoglu (24)

Cutrone (21) - Piatek (23)

The above average age is 22.7 years old

Others:

Bakayoko (24)
Castillejo (24)
Jose Mauri (22)
Plizzari (18)

with the veterans of the squad:
Biglia (32)
Abate (32)
Zapata (32)
Bonaventura (28)
Musachhio (28)
Rodriguez (26)

We have a very good core, but is meaningless if you see how Arsenal were in the past.

Still need one or two "big players" (supposed to be Higuain and Bonucci...) for us to compete in the future. Obviously need more big players to compete now.

By the way, I like Borini - just not as the first (or second, third or fourth....) option off the bench.
van and Rodriguez like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 04:05
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
I'm sure Borini is a very nice guy, I like him too... Just not on a football pitch
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 15:33
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
AC Milan made a late intervention to try and sign Man city teenager Matondo, but Schalke showed the willingness to meet City's valuation of the player.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:15 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
I'm sure Borini is a very nice guy, I like him too... Just not on a football pitch [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/lol.gif[/IMG]
Honestly, right now I’d probably start Borini over Hakan as LW. I think Hakan might be better coming off the bench (and not necessarily for LW) and Borini at least may score and get defenders tired (well defenders and Milan fans ) is more if a physical presence (if nothing else ).

Also Castillejo, Laxalt... Rino has to start playing Hakan elsewhere or just drop him, because it’s been a while and we can’t attack at from the left.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; January 28th, 2019 at 16:30.
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:27
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Honestly, right now I’d probably start Borini over Hakan as LW. I think Hakan might be better coming off the bench (and not necessarily for LW) and Borini at least may score and get defenders tired (well defenders and Milan fans [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/biggrin.gif[/IMG]) is more if a physical presence (if nothing else [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/howler.gif[/IMG] ).

Also Castillejo, Laxalt... Rino has to start playing Hakan elsewhere or just drop him, because it’s been a while and we can’t attack at from the left.
Dear God no!

Dont you guy watch him play? Her drop the ball over the line just due to bad technique, he misses passes with a 10 meter margin. His defense is either being dribbled or fouling his opponent or about the level I saw from Higuain in that department. But the less noticable thing is how he dont show himself well on his side, so much that his side seems to be completely dead with him there.

Hakan at least show good combinations and crosses the ball over well to Suso, he just can't score at this time.

I'da take basically anyone in the squad before Borini on the lest side. Only role I would give Borini with us is 6th choice striker as at least he get into position in the penalty area.
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:40 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Hakan is contributing very little, it's not just that he is not scoring. He made a couple decent moves, but he also wasted a very easy 4 vs 2 counter, he can't put in a proper cross or set piece, and goes from very energetic to completely lethargic.

IMO the way we play, we could have used a inside forward type there for a while -- André Silva for example. Someone who can basically finish chances in the far post and create space for Rodriguez and now Paquetá, and run like crazy for 90 minutes.

Borini is poor but above all very clumsy, which IMO makes him look worse than he is, and some fans see those kinds of players as particularly useless. I don't think Borini is starting material, don't get me wrong, and I'd prefer Castillejo, but right now Hakan really has got on my nerves in that position, and I see him as one of the main reasons we can't seem to create good chances. I'm happy to see him in other roles though.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:45
Star Player

Borini has zero technique, he simply can't play as part of a team. Hakan had some nice touches and combos with Paqueta, stuff Borini only does in his dreams.

I honestly think Borini would have trouble breaking into Chievo starting line up. He's that bad. He should be nowhere near the pitch for us, it's embarrassing every time he plays.
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:47
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Hakan is contributing very little, it's not just that he is not scoring. He made a couple decent moves, but he also wasted a very easy 4 vs 2 counter, he can't put in a proper cross or set piece, and goes from very energetic to completely lethargic.
Actually Hakan put in a great cross I think the previous game, one towards the far post, which the player there messed up. Problem with his crossing is that he do it to seldom, he instead take to many blocked shots.
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 16:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Actually Hakan put in a great cross I think the previous game, one towards the far post, which the player there messed up. Problem with his crossing is that he do it to seldom, he instead take to many blocked crosses.

He also played that excellent crossfield pass, which we have seen from him on occasion. His technique is excellent, just his application of it is inconsistent.

He's going through a bad patch right now but it could just be confidence. We know he is capable of better, he showed better form last season. Borini is a lost cause.
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 21:48
Rising Star

Teams: milan & azzurri
calhanoglu is good, he just needs some time imo, i really wish we had a couple proper LWs so hakan could sit for a bit and just focus on training and freshen up his techs
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 22:25 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

I like Hakan. I agree the position is probably big part of the problem, but he still should be doing much, much better, considering he's basically the manager's pet, and LW is not a crazy role for a player of his characteristics in the modern game either. What he needs is bench time, indeed.

He was booed on his way out too, which is terrible from the fans, though. I'd never do that, especially as the guy works hard and tries, and given the problem evidently has to do with with confidence... Anyway, let's hope he improves.

I'd still play Borini instead of him next time.

Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; January 29th, 2019 at 00:37.
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 23:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Hakan is mediocre. By now we know that much. Players like him could be an OK bench players for reaching ucl spot regularly but can never be a player that makes a difference for a top club especially in a creative midfielder position. He could be useful for us if he recovers part of his form due to lack of alternative; but don’t kid yourself - he is a mediocre player.
humanTORCH likes this.

post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 23:06
Star Player

Hopefully soon we'll have a new LW to bash.
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2019, 00:25
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Borini has zero technique, he simply can't play as part of a team. Hakan had some nice touches and combos with Paqueta, stuff Borini only does in his dreams.

I honestly think Borini would have trouble breaking into Chievo starting line up. He's that bad. He should be nowhere near the pitch for us, it's embarrassing every time he plays.

I don’t disagree with you.
But he knows to get into position inside the penalty box when the right side is about to cross in. He scored the goal against Genoa due to that.
But I can’t say the same to our RW is who wants the ball at his feet most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2019, 00:31
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Hakan is mediocre. By now we know that much. Players like him could be an OK bench players for reaching ucl spot regularly but can never be a player that makes a difference for a top club especially in a creative midfielder position. He could be useful for us if he recovers part of his form due to lack of alternative; but don’t kid yourself - he is a mediocre player.

Playing amongst the forward 3 in formation of 4-3-3, I expect players to contribute to goal tally. As simple as that.
How many free kick he scored?

Hakan is mediocre.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2019, 00:36 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

can't waste a chance to bash Suso

Nathaniel Rich
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2019, 05:09
World Class Player

Some of you talking about playing out of position.
But an advocate that formation is just a formation

post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2019, 11:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I am a fan that prefers ceilings than good stable low or middle. Hakan’s ceiling (the best he could be) is not that high. Same for Bona. I can live with stable medium with defenders or even DMs. But not with creative midfielders and forwards. We need stars there - which means people that have high ceiling, that can decide games with one touch, that can take over a game. I see something special in Piotek and a bit in Paquetta (and Conti) already. Suso has bigger ceiling than anyone else we have up front but needs few other top players around. I like Biglia a lot because of his conductor’s role. That’s all about Hakan really.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in