Serie A 2019, Week 21. 26/01. Milan - Napoli 20:30 CET, at San Siro - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 78 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2019, 21:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Have to echo Johan’a sentiments really - Fabio Borininis a headless chicken.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 78 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2019, 22:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
This is unfair on Borini who didnt do much in his 20 minute cameo, Kessie was our worst player, horrible....

Exactly that, he didn't do much. He was anonymous and when he had the chance to do something he royally fvcked it up (that headed chance near the end). Castillejo must be not showing enough in training to be not picked in such situations.

Disagreed on Kessie. I thought he passed and moved well, with a certain degree of fluidity. Yes he did have some frustratingly bad moments too, but if we're going to criticise him for those we need to extend it to others who did the same.

On a side note - time for Rino to start Conti. Not that Calabria is bad (in fact he did a decent job today). Conti has already shown his quality with a couple of assists in the limited time he's played since returning.
post #43 of 78 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2019, 23:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Unless it’s a planned thing (to ease him into the starting rotation after the injury), not playing Conti makes no sense.

post #44 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 00:30 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Frustrating that we had such a poor second half after an impressive first. We need to create better chances though. It's like there's no script unless it's Suso. And we need to score the ones we do create.

I agree that this was one of Kessié's better games. Lots of vertical movement for him, and made up for Suso having a poor one. Not just stamina, some intelligent runs. Not the best with the ball unfortunately, but today he was important.

Also really strongly agree that Conti 100000000% needs to play. He has shown decisive quality every time, in just a couple of games has been screaming for chances. I still generally like Calabria though.

Paquetá shows a lot of promise. Just having an extra proper football player makes a huge difference. Lots to polish but seems like a fine addition.

Hakan shows interesting tings but remains endlessly frustrating.

Poor game from Suso for his standards. Very poor from Cutrone.

Gigio, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Bakayoko all decent and is some cases pretty damn good. Bakayoko keeps impressing, Gigio was flawless, well positioned and composed.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #45 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 02:05
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
The standard for Kessie has really been lowered imo... Making intelligent runs does not make up for playing badly with the ball. I thought he was the clear weak link in our play.
post #46 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 02:41
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
A LW will move us a notch hopefully. Come on Leo do something before the window close.
Kessie and Hakan really....
Biglia will be back soon. Hope fully he will take the burden off Paqueta doing the defensive cover and he can focus on the forward play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #47 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 05:17 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
The standard for Kessie has really been lowered imo... Making intelligent runs does not make up for playing badly with the ball. I thought he was the clear weak link in our play.
Standards have definitely lowered, for me at least. Kessié has been extremely poor all season and not particularly impressive the one before either (besides covering lots of ground), but today his movement when we had possession opened the field for us in attack, especially in the second half. He was creating more danger with those runs than anyone else.

Still, far from impressive overall from him of course. IMO he needs to be played in a different role if we're to see something better in the short term.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #48 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 10:04
Premier Player

Re Kessié - I need to know what actually happened to him. I mean if we want to be honest and fair, he was actually very good during his first few months with us. In fact he was excellent during preseason and the first half of the season or there about. Then everyone was talking about how was the exact type of player we were missing in the midfield. He was nicknamed Frank-the-Tank, etc. So what happened?
post #49 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 10:45
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
We thought he was a tank but got a howitzer instead

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #50 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 11:19
Oni
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Re Kessié - I need to know what actually happened to him. I mean if we want to be honest and fair, he was actually very good during his first few months with us. In fact he was excellent during preseason and the first half of the season or there about. Then everyone was talking about how was the exact type of player we were missing in the midfield. He was nicknamed Frank-the-Tank, etc. So what happened?
First couple of months he impressed in friendlies and against poor ass teams in EL qualifiers so probably fooled us all. Maybe we were just impressed by his physicality but I do remember him being much better in the passing game and at keeping the ball. I was positive about him as well.
But seing him for the last year, he has some technical flaws and will not be the player to regularly break though defenses, setup chances and score goals.
Think the San Siro crowds is seeing through him as well and perhaps starting to give him a tough time.
post #51 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 12:09
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Are you referring to his first year at Milan? If so Kessie looked really good when he was playing alongside Conti but after the later got injuried then his limitations really started to show. He is just so limited as a player he is more of a track and field star and i've said this many times about him. He constantly runs and runs covering something like 15kms in a game. But if you really watch his running he doesn't recover the ball when we don't have it like Gattuso used to do for us nor is he is a dribbler so many a times you see him just run the ball out of bounds/play. So yeah he is a pretty frustrating player and I think people are starting to notice it early on you give a guy a chance but right now all he has is age on his side if I was him I'd work on my technique and improve my passing,distance shooting and learning to not just shadow players and actually try to recover the ball like how Bakayoko does.

Btw on a side on Donnarumma was excellent yesterday if it wasn't for him we could have easily been down 3-4 goals.
post #52 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 15:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:

Not feeling threatened due to a weak bench does that to some players, and lets be honest we dont have a sub for what he does...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #53 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 15:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Exactly that, he didn't do much. He was anonymous and when he had the chance to do something he royally fvcked it up (that headed chance near the end). Castillejo must be not showing enough in training to be not picked in such situations.

Disagreed on Kessie. I thought he passed and moved well, with a certain degree of fluidity. Yes he did have some frustratingly bad moments too, but if we're going to criticise him for those we need to extend it to others who did the same.

On a side note - time for Rino to start Conti. Not that Calabria is bad (in fact he did a decent job today). Conti has already shown his quality with a couple of assists in the limited time he's played since returning.

Castillejo is lively but with little output, Borini is pants but somehow scored last game and has more belief in him by Rino...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #54 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 16:28
Oni
Premier Player

Roma ****ing up and doing their best to ensure we stay ahead of them.
Pippo surely can not survive in Bologna much longer..
post #55 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 16:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Castillejo is lively but with little output, Borini is pants but somehow scored last game and has more belief in him by Rino...

True. Hoping for better things from him next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Roma ****ing up and doing their best to ensure we stay ahead of them.
Pippo surely can not survive in Bologna much longer..

Not a terrible result to take a point away from Atalanta, but the manner in which it happened was. If it had been for example a last minute equaliser when they were losing 1-0 it would seem an acceptable result, but throwing away a 3-0 lead is terrible for them.
post #56 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 17:53 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
Are you referring to his first year at Milan? If so Kessie looked really good when he was playing alongside Conti but after the later got injuried then his limitations really started to show. He is just so limited as a player he is more of a track and field star and i've said this many times about him. He constantly runs and runs covering something like 15kms in a game. But if you really watch his running he doesn't recover the ball when we don't have it like Gattuso used to do for us nor is he is a dribbler so many a times you see him just run the ball out of bounds/play. So yeah he is a pretty frustrating player and I think people are starting to notice it early on you give a guy a chance but right now all he has is age on his side if I was him I'd work on my technique and improve my passing,distance shooting and learning to not just shadow players and actually try to recover the ball like how Bakayoko does.

Btw on a side on Donnarumma was excellent yesterday if it wasn't for him we could have easily been down 3-4 goals.
This is spot on.

I'm not sure if Kessié really was so good or we were all prey to optimism and decent results. Be that as it may, I am not sure a lot of technical issues will improve dramatically at 22, particularly regarding dribbling, ball control, etc. What he definitely can improve is his shooting and heading; the way he plays he absolutely needs to be more decisive in both boxes. Either that or he goes to an intensive tackling clinic and becomes more a pure destroyer. Right now he is in a weird limbo: box-to-box player who does nothing in either box or ball-winning midfielder who doesn't win so many balls (he does win some though), indeed like a slow motion, rather toothless Gattuso/Kanté.

Nathaniel Rich
post #57 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 22:41
zoo
Legend

We are back to 4th :
post #58 of 78 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2019, 23:08
Star Player

Great results this weekend.
post #59 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 00:12 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

By the way, this has been been making the news. It makes me feel old as **** but it's nevertheless interesting and probably good: against Napoli, we fielded only players born after 1990.

Nathaniel Rich
post #60 of 78 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2019, 02:25
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
We thought he was a tank but got a howitzer instead

Singaporeans can't mention howitzer now. Sensitive bro.

Anyway, regarding Kessie. Agree he was horrid yesterday but could it be because he is being played out of position at RCM?

Bakayoko has been impressive lately so it makes sense to prioritize him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in