Serie A 2019, Week 20. 21/01. Genoa - Milan 14:00 CET, at Luigi Ferraris - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2019, 22:18
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Borini is out lucky charm and to be correct to the Lord he wasnt bad at all this game. Well done.

Please dont move Bakayoko to the right or the left, he should always play in the cemter in a midfield with 3 or one of the 2 mids in 4 4 2 or 4 2 3 1.

4 2 3 1 seems to be the best fit for the team with LP behind the striker we just need a good LW bc Hakan doesnt cut it.

Baka/Kessie Biglia/Bonaventura
Suso/Castellejo LP/Hakan newLW/Borini
Cutrone /Piatek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 00:41
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
I feel Paqueta need to play behind the striker. He has been dropping too deep at times. Cutrone does not get much of the supply into the box. Poor him.
Biglia and Bakoyoko roam the middle. I foresee we will be more dynamic in our play soon as they run without the ball. Less static players now in our starting eleven.
Hakan and Kessie deserve to warm the benches.
We need a LW now!

Just a reminder Suso scored from a counterattack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 02:33
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Paqueta seems to take too much time on the ball. He reminds me of Lamela at River Plate.

All in all, fantastic win on the road. Donna was MoM

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 02:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Paqueta is not Kaka, nor has similar playing style to Kaka, so don't expect him to turn into one. For someone tabled as an offensive player, he constantly tracks back and is not afraid of physical play or putting in rough tackles. If he can develop into the Brazilian version of KDB, we will have a stud for many years to come.
Rodriguez likes this.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 09:10
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Kaka during his first year was incredibly inconsistent too (not saying Paqueta is, just a general comment).

I remember he was constantly invisible during the early days, but had moments of brilliance.

His best years when he was dominating where 2005-2007.

Damn why am I reminiscing
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 13:00
Premier Player

I see that LP is prone to do the tricks and flicks. While that isn't what we need, I'm not complaining. It's been long we had someone do that 😂
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 14:36
Star Player

How about the technique on that volley that hit the post. I'm liking what I see so far, I just hope Italy doesn't beat the flair out of him.
humanTORCH likes this.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 15:02
Premier Player

Well, Italy or an Italian coach would most likely do that.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 18:04
Oni
Premier Player

Paqueta lacks acceleration and pace compared to Kaka. He is not slow but takes a while to get up to speed. Has more tricks and probably better close ball control. However should probably keep his tendency of doing tricks rolling the ball under his foot to a minimum or just do it less often. Lost the ball a few times doing that yesterday.

He does seem very disciplined though, tracking back a lot even if often it looks like he is only jogging around.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 18:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
I see that LP is prone to do the tricks and flicks. While that isn't what we need, I'm not complaining. It's been long we had someone do that 😂

Oh man - give me those tricks and flicks please ... the last 5+ years have been soooo dry

Last edited by bono; January 22nd, 2019 at 19:59.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 19:43 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
IMO from the games I saw at Flamengo Paquetá's best role is as the right mezz'ala, just like he did for us in Genoa. Surely he can play in the left mezzala, or as AMC behind one or two forwards, or in a bunch of roles really almost anywhere in midfield and even further forward, but that seems the most comfortable one and the one that makes best use of his strength, work rate and vision.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's the role for which we need him though as we desperately could use more skill, flair and creativity in attack.

These things change anyway. For example we have this image of Kaká playing behind the two attackers (think 2005), which he did in his early years. But Carlo at some points also switched to a flat four during games and Kaká stuck to the right for long passages, and of course later, arguably at his best, he was deployed alongside Seedorf behind only Pippo in the christmas tree (2007).
Rodriguez likes this.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 22:38
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Oh man - give me those tricks and flicks please ... the last 5+ years have been soooo dry
Yes please in fact I hope he attempts more because he is so talented that I hope he gets braver...it's definitely an improvement over the current players in the midfield who wont even try to beat their man 1 on 1.

Btw that sublime over the the defense pass had me screaming when I watched the highlights like when was the last time we seen a pass like this pirlo?? This is a pretty f'in big deal people we finally have a bit of unpredictability in our game.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2019, 00:52
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
Yes please in fact I hope he attempts more because he is so talented that I hope he gets braver...it's definitely an improvement over the current players in the midfield who wont even try to beat their man 1 on 1.

Btw that sublime over the the defense pass had me screaming when I watched the highlights like when was the last time we seen a pass like this pirlo?? This is a pretty f'in big deal people we finally have a bit of unpredictability in our game.

Tell me about it, the unpredictability in our game
Throw in Ronaldinho who don our jersey with that flick and tricks.
I don’t wish for Dybala now that we got Paqueta.

Let’s not forget Bakayoko who is marshaling the mids like he owned it.
His agility and forward passing. I am convinced we should purchase him outright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in