Fire Gattuso! - Xtratime Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 17:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Fire Gattuso!

Well, he's not gonna get fired without a thread!

Let's her the pro and con arguments.

Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 17:35
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Merry Christmas, new year, and whatever you are into this time of the year, dab, and everyone.

At this point I'm tired of Rino too, but I am completely against sacking him if it's not to bring a much more proven coach. No to more ex players, young promising managers, etc. Get an elite manager and trust him or bust.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #3 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 17:57
Premier Player

I don't even believe it's an issue of pros and cons. It's evident we can't get anywhere far with Gattuso. I have been willing to cut him some little slack but this disappeared with yesterday's singular act of substitutions. That moment he subbed Mauri for Laxalt/Conti (?) was the moment I finally gave up on Gattuso and realized he's just not it. Not smart, not astute.

And unlike van, I won't mind sacking him now and getting a caretaker coach for the rest of the season, after which we can get someone a very good coach. Heck, can't Leonardo himself take over for the rest of the season? He can't do worse 😂

post #4 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 19:24
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
There was never a high ceiling for Gattuso, 4th in Serie A is not that big of an achievement if you watch how Lazio play, Roma's defending has needed Zapata () at times, etc.
About proven manager, who is available, even in the summer. Other than Conte how many (realistic) names can you guys come up with?
post #5 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 19:33
Premier Player

For now only Conte, Wenger, Zidane and Mourinho and only the first two are realistic. But summer is still in the future so we don't know might happen. It takes only one sacking to trigger a domino effect.
post #6 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 19:58
Legend

No point making another impulsive change. Your new ceo or whoever will understand I'm sure.
post #7 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 20:01
van
Community Manager
Legend

We hire a Donadoni type manager and we enter a new cycle of the exact same. At best he gets the fourth spot and we’re stuck with someone who will never take us to the next level. At worst, we’ll just be utter shit. Remember under Montella we looked like a relegation-battle-bound team.

We’re playing for something here, 4th place would be very important for the club. We may not like Gattuso and he certainly is not world class but he is a capable manager. Results have been okay under him, all things considered. Remember the injury mess too. I would be quite surprised if we do much better with some other b-list manager.

If we get a big manager he can fail too, but at least we’d be playing the long term game.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #8 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 21:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Buon anno!

No point firing if we dont have a replacement and a strategy - what is the objective of Milan nowadays, what football we want to play, what funds we have for tranafers and who is our long term owner? If we dont know the answer then firing someone to get a new guy and give him bakayoko and ask for goals and CL football is retarded. Someone like Conte wont come unless we have a €200mn budget for transfers...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #9 of 269 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 21:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
For now only Conte, Wenger, Zidane and Mourinho and only the first two are realistic. But summer is still in the future so we don't know might happen. It takes only one sacking to trigger a domino effect.

Wenger wont coach Milan, you can take that one out.

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #10 of 269 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 00:48
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Yeah, get Conte now. Our chances for 4th will rise by 50%.
post #11 of 269 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 02:27
van
Community Manager
Legend

I don't mean only Conte, Mourinho, Zidane, Carlo, etc., although someone like that would be ideal for me. We just need a manager of status and with a proven track of having built a good team so he can be trusted to build a long term project... not the upteenth manager who at best had a decent season in Serie A or is just a Milan household name.

Maybe Jardim the guy who was sacked from Monaco.

Nathaniel Rich
post #12 of 269 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 03:00
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Maybe Jardim the guy who was sacked from Monaco.
Conte (Italian) and Jardim (good football) are more ideal and realistic, Zidane is a dream but i doubt he's interested to coach us.
post #13 of 269 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 19:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Quote:

Wenger wont coach Milan, you can take that one out.
Why not?

post #14 of 269 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 22:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Too old and not hungry for a new country plus the mess we are, if he wanted it he would have taken over at Monaco...

post #15 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 03:07
Legend

Every club's thread is like this. Inter fans entertain getting a player X every summer, and disappointed. The truth is you have to claw yourself up gradually to attract top players or top coaches. It will take years and patience.
post #16 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 05:25
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Crapttuso sucked as a footballer, he sucks even more as a manager!
Why? He lacks the footy brains...that's why!

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #17 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 06:53
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Yep he was no Kleberson

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #18 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 07:49
Premier Player

Imo, sacking or keeping Gattuso isn't (or shouldn't be) a function of the availability of top, realistic Managers. Neither should it be seen as impulsive. If the results are good, fine keep him. If not, sack him by all means. It's foolish to cling to him simply because "there aren't much better available out there". If things keep getting bad and there's a possibility of someone improving things, get him. We can't watch things deteriorate while we wait for the Contes and Ancelottis of this world to become available.
post #19 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 08:00
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Imo, sacking or keeping Gattuso isn't (or shouldn't be) a function of the availability of top, realistic Managers. Neither should it be seen as impulsive. If the results are good, fine keep him. If not, sack him by all means. It's foolish to cling to him simply because "there aren't much better available out there". If things keep getting bad and there's a possibility of someone improving things, get him. We can't watch things deteriorate while we wait for the Contes and Ancelottis of this world to become available.
That's fair, but only if things get worse result-wise and taking into account the injury situation. Mourinho for example needed to go ASAP as he had lost the plot completely and was dramatically destroying his squad, not using the best players, everyone was underperforming and morale was crap. We're not there yet -- but we do seem to be heading in a similar direction lately. If it continues, I agree.

Nathaniel Rich
post #20 of 269 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2018, 15:44
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
So if he finishes 4th we go into CL with him? I don't think it is debatable that 3-1 Olympiacos type result is at least more likely than not with Gattuso (in the CL). In the CL vs 3 other teams compared to Serie A vs 19 other teams is vastly different, and since we Milan fans keep talking about CL DNA we will be destroying lots by CL losses than finishing 7th instead of 4th in Serie A. My point is 'results are good' in Serie A is very relative and like I said before 4th is not that impressive really.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in