Fire Gattuso! - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 269 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2019, 21:09
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
The main question is whether it will be enough. We had a run even better than this one last season, and that was without Piatek, with Cutrone and Hakan scoring the bulk of the goals. We were coming off a huge handicap, but still, we ultimately collapsed.

This season the injuries need to be taken into account too, to be fair with Gattuso. But to properly judge him we need not forget that we've also been absolutely shit many times. A good run doesn't the unacceptable performances and results in Serie A and Europa League.

Finishing fourth however mostly does, though. If we finish 4th, and he is given another year, I won't be complaining.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 269 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 04:56
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Do you guys still think it was/is Gattuso and not the level of players/mgmt decisions?

Don't know how badly it breached FFP rules, but a good mercato finally (Jan).
post #63 of 269 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 06:42
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
Do you guys still think it was/is Gattuso and not the level of players/mgmt decisions?

Don't know how badly it breached FFP rules, but a good mercato finally (Jan).
I think it's both. Some of the players aren't good enough while the coaching also isn't good enough most of the time. Put another way, a different coach would most likely do better with the same players.

post #64 of 269 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 08:09
Premier Player

Andrea Pirlo to Sky Sports:

"We had dinner a few days ago. I told him I don't like to see Paquette play in that position. He is too wide. Rino listened to me but in the following game he played him exactly in the same position".
post #65 of 269 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 08:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Paqueta could develop into a fine regista and perhaps Bakayoko would be as effective as mezz'ala. Or a more extreme change would be a 4-2-3-1 which offers Paqueta more central options.

However I think Paqueta as mezz'ala isn't an issue and doesn't look out of position.
post #66 of 269 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 11:49
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Paqueta could develop into a fine regista and perhaps Bakayoko would be as effective as mezz'ala. Or a more extreme change would be a 4-2-3-1 which offers Paqueta more central options.

However I think Paqueta as mezz'ala isn't an issue and doesn't look out of position.
I would switch him with Hakan so he doesn't have to run back as much to defend. LP spends so much energy defending that he isn't as effective in attack.
humanTORCH likes this.
post #67 of 269 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 13:10
Legend

better to keep honest in a midfield role for his development. will allow him to develop into a complete player
Barile_boy likes this.
post #68 of 269 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 13:46
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Honest is the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #69 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 01:39
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Andrea Pirlo to Sky Sports:

"We had dinner a few days ago. I told him I don't like to see Paquette play in that position. He is too wide. Rino listened to me but in the following game he played him exactly in the same position".
Cool beans.

Sadly Pirlo is heading for Juve U-23 coach
post #70 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 05:48
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani View Post
Cool beans.

Sadly Pirlo is heading for Juve U-23 coach
Pirlo is a traitor I genuinely don't think he could ever really have a position at Milan. There are many players that would sooner come back than him.
post #71 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 06:08
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Is Leonardo a traitor?
post #72 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 10:19
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Is Leonardo a traitor?

You don’t play for the cheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #73 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 12:45
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
Pirlo is a traitor I genuinely don't think he could ever really have a position at Milan. There are many players that would sooner come back than him.
I was once also beating the drum of "Pirlo traitor". But let's be honest, what was he to do? We practically sent him away. Juventus embraced him. And that's that. He was a bit bitchy or stupid in his book but most footballers aren't known for their brains.
post #74 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 13:20
Star Player

Quote:
Is Leonardo a traitor?
Quote:
I was once also beating the drum of "Pirlo traitor". But let's be honest, what was he to do? We practically sent him away. Juventus embraced him. And that's that. He was a bit bitchy or stupid in his book but most footballers aren't known for their brains.
See I never really considered Leo a traitor because he was really just a coach and we fired him. But Pirlo was on the pitch and an important player for us so I consider him a traitor because when a team gives you all the success Milan gave him you go oversea's or to a smaller team. We had just won the Scudetto and in many ways, I consider his work at Juventus the start of their current dominance. Yeah, Inas I know he was bitchy in his book but he didn't even seem like he cared about our colours talking about he needed motivation it sounded like what he had was personal against Milan. Anyway, I guess time does heal all wounds because I'm surprised that some would have wanted to come back here.
post #75 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 14:59
van
Community Manager
Legend

I have little time for either nostalgia or resentment for Pirlo. He was just an amazing player, not a club legend. He’s played for Inter, Milan, and Juve, and never seemed like the kind of super intensely dedicated player who also becomes a fan. His book shows that too.

He was also declining, underused, and unwanted at Allegri’s Milan. I keep thinking that was an epochal mistake by Max and co. to let him go, to Juve for free of all places, but to be fair we won the scudetto too.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; March 6th, 2019 at 16:08.
post #76 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 15:27
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I was once also beating the drum of "Pirlo traitor". But let's be honest, what was he to do? We practically sent him away. Juventus embraced him. And that's that.
Yup. This. Perhaps it was all part of Allegri's masterplan to have him back at Juve 😂

It was an incredible mistake on Milan's part whatever it is.

I'd like to think he had his best years with us, even if he had some amazing years at Juve as well.

Top 3 favorite Milan player of all time for me.

Kaka
Sheva
Pirlo
Nesta
Pippo
Rino
Seedorf
Pato
Maldini

Zlatan (a favorite but can't be mentioned in the same breath)

Sorry I just wanted an excuse to write their names
post #77 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 15:40
Forum Manager
Legend

^ fake list (no cuff-cuff)
Reza and humanTORCH like this.
post #78 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 17:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Quote:
Yup. This. Perhaps it was all part of Allegri's masterplan to have him back at Juve

It was an incredible mistake on Milan's part whatever it is.

I'd like to think he had his best years with us, even if he had some amazing years at Juve as well.

Top 3 favorite Milan player of all time for me.

Kaka
Sheva
Pirlo
Nesta
Pippo
Rino
Seedorf
Pato
Maldini

Zlatan (a favorite but can't be mentioned in the same breath)

Sorry I just wanted an excuse to write their names
Pirlo ahead of Maldini? Wtf

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #79 of 269 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 17:50
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
I have little time for either nostalgia or resentment for Pirlo. He was just an amazing player, not a club legend. He’s played for Inter, Milan, and Juve, and never seemed like the kind of super intensely dedicated player who also becomes a fan. His book shows that too.
I have to agree.

Jani's list has me thinking who from the current crop of players would you guys say has the potential to be a Milan Legend?

For me its:-
- Cutrone(if he stays) he seems to love the club
- Piatek its still early but he already has his own song and if he can keep scoring i feel it might just be a matter of time.
- LP his agent is saying all the right things and he genuinely reminds me of Kaka....he has that same good religious kid married at the young age vibe.
-Romagnoli&Donnarumma-they both will be heavily poached this summer and every summer moving forward if they can resist the temptations and keep playing well.
-Bakayoko he is one of the few players that you can hear the San Siro crowd roar when he win's back possession.
post #80 of 269 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2019, 00:36
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
Pirlo ahead of Maldini? Wtf

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
I knew someone would say this. But Maldini was a bit before my time so I missed his real golden years to really peg him as a favorite of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
I have to agree.

Jani's list has me thinking who from the current crop of players would you guys say has the potential to be a Milan Legend?

For me its:-
- Cutrone(if he stays) he seems to love the club
- Piatek its still early but he already has his own song and if he can keep scoring i feel it might just be a matter of time.
- LP his agent is saying all the right things and he genuinely reminds me of Kaka....he has that same good religious kid married at the young age vibe.
-Romagnoli&Donnarumma-they both will be heavily poached this summer and every summer moving forward if they can resist the temptations and keep playing well.
-Bakayoko he is one of the few players that you can hear the San Siro crowd roar when he win's back possession.
Romagnoli and Donnarumma have the best chance of being club legends, especially if we get back to the absolute top within 5 years.

Roma would only be 29 and Donna 25 (crazy) and both of them are already in their 4th season with Milan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in