24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 269 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 16:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
I think the only Chelsea games I watched was at the start of the season when they were on a tear but not lately. I know things kinda went down the drain since then but ill take it with a grain of salt because after all this is Chelsea.....probably the most unstable of the top english clubs with a rotating door of coaches and players. The players legit tried to do a mutiny considering their lack of success the previous year,goal keepers not wanting to be subbed I cant really put it all on him. But you are the Chelsea fan so you obviously are more update with how things transpired there.

He lost a game 6-0 and woke him up, tweaked formation and team got better. Hazard carried the team and he is clueless when a game plan needs a tweak say in second half. Chelsea this season has the worst record ever against top 6 teams...i think Napoli years flattered him.

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 269 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 17:16
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Gazidis should have never been brought to Milan. Complete idiot at Arsenal.
If he manages to sell some of the deadweights like Hakan and Andre Silva and manages to bring in Luis Campos and somehow Nicolas Pepe as a left winger. Maybe he can save himself. But so far you are right. I would leave him the marketing side, but if he gets involved in the sporting side and fucks up than eventually Elliot is going to replace him too.
post #183 of 269 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 18:52
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
He lost a game 6-0 and woke him up, tweaked formation and team got better. Hazard carried the team and he is clueless when a game plan needs a tweak say in second half. Chelsea this season has the worst record ever against top 6 teams...i think Napoli years flattered him.
and Empoli. He took Empoli from serie B and made them a team for the upper half of the table, they been slipping ever since he left. Unlike a Conte or Mourinho he also use a football that needs to be trained into the team, which will take more time and will not work if players dont follow his philosophy. That is quite similar to Guardiola, while Guardiola have the clear benefit or a greater pedigree to his advantage. I remember well how Guardiola got problems with players that didn't fit into his philosophy, most notably Etoo and Zlatan.

post #184 of 269 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 12:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
and Empoli. He took Empoli from serie B and made them a team for the upper half of the table, they been slipping ever since he left. Unlike a Conte or Mourinho he also use a football that needs to be trained into the team, which will take more time and will not work if players dont follow his philosophy. That is quite similar to Guardiola, while Guardiola have the clear benefit or a greater pedigree to his advantage. I remember well how Guardiola got problems with players that didn't fit into his philosophy, most notably Etoo and Zlatan.

But with UEFA bans hanging over our head and a hedge fund owner, do we have the funds $$$ to hire a coach that will need 6-7 signings at least for us to see his philosophy, or a flexible coach who has succeeded in multiple situations to improve the lot?

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #185 of 269 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 12:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
If he manages to sell some of the deadweights like Hakan and Andre Silva and manages to bring in Luis Campos and somehow Nicolas Pepe as a left winger. Maybe he can save himself. But so far you are right. I would leave him the marketing side, but if he gets involved in the sporting side and fucks up than eventually Elliot is going to replace him too.

It was just personal friendship to Paul Singer, thats all. Gazidis achieved zero in his life on merit in my view.

post #186 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 19:06
Administrators
Legend

post #187 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 19:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Nesta left Perugia
Sacked by.
post #188 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 19:34
Administrators
Legend

The important thing is hired by who next
Jeffrey likes this.
post #189 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 19:40
Legend

Who are the options these days? Inzaghi and Sarri? Both would be acceptable
post #190 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 19:53
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Who are the options these days? Inzaghi and Sarri? Both would be acceptable
Nah. Nesta or Oddo.
post #191 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 21:47
Premier Player

There's also Shevchenko, but for next year.
post #192 of 269 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 22:02
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Don’t forget
Attached Images

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #193 of 269 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:29
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Nesta left Perugia
Welcome to Milan
post #194 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 15:46
van
Community Manager
Legend

Rumors of Sarri slowing and those of Simone Inzaghi heating up.

It’s definitely better than the bunch of unexperienced managers we’ve been having; his Results and promise are definitely more impressive than Leonardo, Seedorf, Pippo, Montella, Mihaijlovic, Gattuso... but also not by the margin I’d like.

We should go as big as we can.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #195 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 15:57
Xtratime Legend

Inzaghi is not proven IMO. He had one real tenure and while his team punched slightly over their supposed "weight", it is not very impressive and it is very possible he will not manage the same in another enviroment.
post #196 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 17:07
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Inzaghi is not proven IMO. He had one real tenure and while his team punched slightly over their supposed "weight", it is not very impressive and it is very possible he will not manage the same in another enviroment.
I don’t disagree. But he still has a better track than our last six managers.

Nathaniel Rich
post #197 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 19:00
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Other than Sarri and Conte (who are being linked more strongly to Juve and Inter), I'm not sure I'd have them over Rino..
post #198 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 19:17
van
Community Manager
Legend

Gattuso has to go anyway. 1100%.

I think we've seen what he brings, and it's not good enough, regardless of CL and of his replacement. We've consistently played some of the worst football I've seen Milan play this season.

Nathaniel Rich
post #199 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 19:19
Premier Player

Anybody of those linked is better than Rino.
post #200 of 269 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 19:32
Premier Player

Anybody linked or unlinked with Milan is better than gattuso.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in