Sassuolo - Milan. Sunday, 30/9/18 @ 6:30GMT - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 03:46
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 08:26
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Ok. 13 assist and 2 goals then if you are satisfied.
No wonder this Milan won’t go far. Many of us are ok with mediocre players who deserve to wear this jersey.
3 upfront players are called mids in a 4-3-3 formation? Not forward.
Well some posters dont want a striker that scores 20 goals per season, but prefer one that score(s/d) one goal.
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 09:01 Thread Starter
Premier Player

And some posters don't want a creative midfielder and a great LW. They prefer deadwoods in those positions so long as we have a striker that "can score 20 goals".

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 15:17
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
I'm sorry but it's just crazy to compare a RW's goal record to a striker's.

Maybe when Messi is your winger you can rely on him leading the scoring. But for humans, you should compare a RW's record to other top wingers.

Let's do that for 17/18, league only:

Suso: 6 goals, 7 assists
Perisic: 11 goals, 9 assists
Callejon: 10 goals, 10 assists
Costa: 4 goals, 12 assists
Chiesa: 6 goals, five assists
Under: 7 goals, 1 assist
Papu Gomez: 6 goals, 10 assists

The top wingers in the league are simply not scoring goals at the same rate as strikers. Therefore, I've no idea why any sane person would compare Suso to a striker.

The bottom line is that in a completely dysfunctional team last season, Suso produced numbers similar to the most highly rated wingers in the league.

Are Perisic and Callejon better than Suso? Sure. But so are Messi and Ronaldo. Just because we can do better doesn't mean we should single out Suso for criticism constantly. Constantly criticizing the second best player in our team for not being "good enough" is just asinine when there are so many other areas that need improvement. ESPECIALLY right after he has an amazing game. Wtf.
Laudrup likes this.

Last edited by frankf31; October 4th, 2018 at 16:50.
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 16:44
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Are Perisic and Callejon better than Suso? Sure.
He’s got the potential to become even better than those two though imo.
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 16:59
Star Player

I was just going by statistics. Potential is another story. I'd love to see Suso's output in a fully functioning, consistent team.
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 17:04
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
I'm sorry but it's just crazy to compare a LW's goal record to a striker's.

Maybe when Messi is your winger you can rely on him leading the scoring. But for humans, you should compare a LW's record to other top wingers.

Let's do that for 17/18, league only:

Suso: 6 goals, 7 assists

Perisic: 11 goals, 9 assists

Callejon: 10 goals, 10 assists

Costa: 4 goals, 12 assists

Chiesa: 6 goals, five assists

Under: 7 goals, 1 assist

Papu Gomez: 6 goals, 10 assists

The top wingers in the league are simply not scoring goals at the same rate as strikers. Therefore, I've no idea why any sane person would compare Suso to a striker.

The bottom line is that in a completely dysfunctional team last season, Suso produced numbers similar to the most highly rated wingers in the league.

Are Perisic and Callejon better than Suso? Sure. But so are Messi and Ronaldo. Just because we can do better doesn't mean we should single out Suso for criticism constantly. Constantly criticizing the second best player in our team for not being "good enough" is just asinine when there are so many other areas that need improvement. ESPECIALLY right after he has an amazing game. Wtf.

So that the benchmark for Milan as a mid table team by your statistic and argument. We have a mid table team mindset issue here. Your statistics argument on wingers between goals and assist comparison rightly showed we are below inter and Napoli. Thanks for pointing out.

Last season was a dysfunctional team and this season the only difference is Higuain and we became awesome? Still same coach and still same formation and play.
We won against Sassuolo (amazing game?) and were mediocre on other games. We never keep a clean sheet.

Suso was our second best player? How you derive to this...please enlighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 17:06
Star Player

You're just complaining about things, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. I never said we became awesome or anything, and I never said we weren't mediocre. If you want to complain about the quality of the squad go ahead, my only point is that it is completely ridiculous to single out Suso.

Btw, Suso just got called up by Spain. Other than Higuain, could any of our players get into that squad? Nope. He's our second best player, easily.
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 18:02
van
Community Manager
Legend

Honestly, if anyone watches Milan consistently and doesn't think Romagnoli and Suso are our best players after Higuain, they're just completely clueless. Suso moreover has been at it for a while. Nobody is comparing him to Garrincha either. It also has nothing to do with mediocrity. We need to improve on our weaker spots, not the strongest ones.
Rodriguez likes this.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2018, 00:45
World Class Player

Quote:
You're just complaining about things, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. I never said we became awesome or anything, and I never said we weren't mediocre. If you want to complain about the quality of the squad go ahead, my only point is that it is completely ridiculous to single out Suso.

Btw, Suso just got called up by Spain. Other than Higuain, could any of our players get into that squad? Nope. He's our second best player, easily.

You said I complained about everything and then I single out Suso. Please make up your mind here.
I hope he get to start

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2018, 16:04
World Class Player

So our best player, Higuain and Biglia did not make it to the national team.
Based on the theory I was told, they should make it to the national squad

Name:  IMG_3475.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  56.6 KB

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2018, 16:15
Star Player

I was talking about Suso, are you illiterate?
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2018, 23:52
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Biglia retired from the NT. And while not official I thought Higuain did so too.
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2018, 03:09
World Class Player

Quote:

You mentioned Higuain here
Where I came from, I doubt you want to compare illiteracy

post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2018, 07:49
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
You mentioned Higuain here
Where I came from, I doubt you want to compare illiteracy
He put the rethorical question about whether any player from our squad except Higuain could make it into the Spain squad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in