UFFICIALE: Pepe Reina, Ivan Strinic, and Alen Halilovic join on free transfers - Xtratime Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2018, 16:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
UFFICIALE: Pepe Reina, Ivan Strinic, and Alen Halilovic join on free transfers

http://sempremilan.com/official-halilovic-is-an-ac-milan-player

No link for Reina and Strinic since we've known about them for ever, but every new signing deserves a thread IMO, even if shared.

Some will make comparisons to Galliani era but I actually like these signings. Reina and Strinic are solid backups with international experience. Halilovic is a good gamble, young promising player. A left footed right winger, much needed depth for Suso. This is no Constant/Traore/Birsa situation.

It was weird that we signed Halilovic for free though . . . It reeks of FFP chicanery. I won't be surprised if we sell a player to Hamburg at a cut rate price later in the summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 14:10
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
He was bought to play for the new woman team
Name:  IMG_2984.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  35.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 16:00
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
They seem like okay signing indeed. Probably no game changers, but for free nothing to complain about for what will likely be sub players.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 17:11
World Class Player

Strinic was referred to as Croatia’s weakest spot ahead of the match against Denmark. He was completely torn apart by Leipzig substitute Yussuf Poulsen (!). The next day I found out that we signed him a long time ago. Not exactly surprised that we’re signing more 5th rate players who will never become a success at Milan.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 20:38
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Champions League here we come. All we're missing is Zaza.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 22:45
van
Community Manager
Legend

Juve's signing of Emre Can and Ronaldo, starters from the two teams who played the CL last season, have got nothing on our signings.
camelface and Ronaldwho? like this.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 23:00
zoo
Legend

I hope they sign Ronaldo. It will give more publicity to serie a and us when we beat them. Also, i hope he fails there and they lose all that money that would have been used better.
Ronaldwho? likes this.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 00:08
van
Community Manager
Legend

It's also like this guy wants me to hate him. Real Madrid and Juventus, the two less likeable teams in the world.

Nathaniel Rich
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 08:37
Forum Manager
Legend

These signings are obviously for depth, to act as if they are our obly signings this summer or that they are our star signings is so.... well Laudrup.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 10:46
Premier Player

I agree. I think the management is handicapped with the ownership tussle, lack of funds to spend and the Uefa sanction. Under these circumstances no meaningful signing can be made. We have to wait until the CAS verdict is out and a new owner emerge before we may see any reasonable movement in the transfer market. Could be late late by then though.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 11:00
Forum Manager
Legend

It is not an easy situation for the management cause a new owner may very well fire them next week too.

But hey, lets demand CR, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar today anyway.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 15:57
Premier Player

'Zaza? Sandwiches or caviar…’

by Football Italia

Sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli says Milan must ‘decide whether to get a sandwich or caviar and champagne’ when asked about Simone Zaza.

The Valencia striker has been heavily linked with the Rossoneri in recent days, with suggestions that a deal has already been agreed.

“We’re not thinking about any signings when we don’t know what resources we have available,” Mirabelli explained to Sky.

“It’s a little bit like when you’re hungry and you’re out of the house, you open your wallet and look inside before deciding whether to go for a sandwich or whether you can go to the restaurant for caviar and champagne.

“We’ll know after we’ve made some sales.”

Mirabelli also gave some further information on those sales.

“We’ve found a deal with Boca for Gustavo Gomez, there’s been a problem with the two of them and we’ve given them two days to resolve the situation.

“Nikola Kalinic has plenty of offers from Turkey, Russia, Germany and Spain. Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are perhaps the closest to him.

“Selling a big player? If Coach Rino Gattuso wants to go without one of the big players we’ll listen to him and decide what to do.

“We need to know what we have to work with, we’ll make sales and signings. No-one will leave and no-one will arrive without Gattuso’s say-so. It will be Gattuso’s Milan.

“Last year we wanted to build a young base, this year we need experienced reinforcements. We need to break even on the transfer market, but no-one will leave and no-one will arrive without Gattuso giving the OK.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 16:35
van
Community Manager
Legend

Not sure what that means.

To be fair, I used to not rate Zaza at all, but watched him this season and he’s been great. But I’m also pretty certain he would suck for us, and would definitely prefer to give Cutrone (and maybe Silva) a chance.

Nathaniel Rich
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 16:59
Forum Manager
Legend

It means if you have no money to eat, you have to beg or steal.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 17:33
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post

To be fair, I used to not rate Zaza at all, but watched him this season and he’s been great. But I’m also pretty certain he would suck for us, and would definitely prefer to give Cutrone (and maybe Silva) a chance.
He literally meant if you have no money you buy Zaza. If you have money you buy Immobile/Morata/Falcao 😂
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 19:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

At least he's honest
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 19:48
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Essentially he is saying this is him during the mercato:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ronaldwho? likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 20:00
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Mirabelli: "Last year we bought young, now we buy old"
read: "We have no plan and no clue"
Mirabelli: "We let Gattuso decide about all the signings"
read: "Most will be unwanted after we sack Gattuso"
read2: "as the ones we sign is old and unwanted we cant get rid of them" [Galliani peek-a-boo]
brickeberg likes this.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 21:16
van
Community Manager
Legend

Nathaniel Rich
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 21:28
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
At least he's honest
Exactly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in