LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1641 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 13:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Is the deal final?

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1642 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 13:45 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
I would like to see the reaction if we end up with Zlatan again.

I bet some will have double standard response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #1643 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 13:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

We need to separate between how the club was managed and comparing between Mirabelli and Leo. This are two different subject.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali

post #1644 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 13:54 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Is the deal final?

Agreement are in place but not closed though
We have to wait till 3rd Jan.

post #1645 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 15:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Agreement are in place but not closed though
We have to wait till 3rd Jan.

The wait is for the player to join or for the agreement to be in effect.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #1646 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 17:07
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Very curious about where Ramsey will end, since now he's pretty much announced he'll leave. He has not been in great form (despite the spectacular goal this weekend) and is injury prone, but I've been a fan of his for a while, truly a great midfielder. I would really hate to see him at Juve or Inter.

He currently makes 5M+ a season, which is not so crazy, but given the free transfer and possible auction-like next few months... Seems like a long shot. Rabiot could be more important given our needs, but may be even harder to get.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #1647 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 17:10
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Van,

I think the news today that he will stay till Summer is meant to drum up interest.
He'll want £200k+a week.

I can see Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe 1 or both of the Manchester clubs very keen.

Juve ruled themselves out of Pogba, makes sense. When they could get Rabiot for free. Fits the strategy and fits into that midfield 3
van likes this.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #1648 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 18:42
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
We need to separate between how the club was managed and comparing between Mirabelli and Leo. This are two different subject.

Well, some people are still childishly hung over on the Leonardo - Mirabelli conundrum. Everything is a comparison. When you call them out they lack the intelligence for objective debate. They quickly resort to the lame, pathetic "Kalinic fan" or "Mirabelli/Fassone fan" jibe. Pity.
post #1649 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 18:45
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Some posters in this thread are in permenant PMS mode man...even if we sign Messi tomorrow u will hear complaints (“we are good in attack need to strengthen other areas”, “Galliani signing he is 30”) bla bla
While some would ass-lick Leonardo whichever donkey he signs. Like Bakayoko. (he has no time, he did the best, bla bla bla). Pathetic.
post #1650 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 20:49
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Very curious about where Ramsey will end, since now he's pretty much announced he'll leave. He has not been in great form (despite the spectacular goal this weekend) and is injury prone, but I've been a fan of his for a while, truly a great midfielder. I would really hate to see him at Juve or Inter.

He currently makes 5M+ a season, which is not so crazy, but given the free transfer and possible auction-like next few months... Seems like a long shot. Rabiot could be more important given our needs, but may be even harder to get.
Only reason we're dreaming about Ramsey or Rabiot is Leonardo and Gazidis. Otherwise we have no chance, since every top team including Barca and City are willing to sign them.

On another note, as we have two mezzalas in Jack and Paqueta. Herrera would make more sense now as vice Biglia. Since he has less suitors.
post #1651 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 21:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Herrera is a CM above all. Would be more of an alternative to Kessie than Biglia. Never seen him play as the sole DM. He can play in a double-pivot, but that's quite different to what Biglia does in a 4-3-3.

We do need a back-up to Biglia though. Shame Locatelli wanted to leave as he was a decent alternative, but understandable that he wanted more regular football. Bakayoko is a bit like Herrera, not best suited to being the single pivot.
post #1652 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 21:30
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Herrera is a CM above all. Would be more of an alternative to Kessie than Biglia. Never seen him play as the sole DM. He can play in a double-pivot, but that's quite different to what Biglia does in a 4-3-3.

We do need a back-up to Biglia though. Shame Locatelli wanted to leave as he was a decent alternative, but understandable that he wanted more regular football. Bakayoko is a bit like Herrera, not best suited to being the single pivot.
IMO we need an improvement over Biglia rather than just a back-up. He's 32 already and while he's had solid runs, I doubt he is getting any closer to becoming the dominant DM we want to build a midfield around, and what many of us thought he would become; I'm sure he'll still be useful though, but we could probably do better.

Herrera I've also always thought of as a CM too (sorry @Laudrup ), but this year I've seen Mourinho play him in a back three, so who knows. I still think he would be a decent player to sign too.

It's also important to remember that players can and often do adapt to new roles. For example, at some point I'd actually be interested to see Kessié play in Biglia's role if he can do a simple-passing, purely destroying DM, and proper midfielders who can create in the mezz'alla roles. And of course, who knows what shape our midfield we acquire if we switch coaches, although the midfield trio seems like the most constant aspects of football tactics these days.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #1653 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2018, 23:20
Rookie

Quote:
It's also important to remember that players can and often do adapt to new roles. For example, at some point I'd actually be interested to see Kessié play in Biglia's role if he can do a simple-passing, purely destroying DM, and proper midfielders who can create in the mezz'alla roles. And of course, who knows what shape our midfield we acquire if we switch coaches, although the midfield trio seems like the most constant aspects of football tactics these days.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we see kessie actually end up being benched within the next couple of years. I'm more curious about having a midfield trio of Bona---Biglia and Paqueta. Would be very interesting to see how Paqueta has Suso link up if they are both on the same side. Kessie will never be a destroyer he for whatever reason doesn't have that dog mentality.
post #1654 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 01:15
Rising Star

Quote:

Mourinho played him defensive midfielder couple of times, and he did play well as he is good defensively. So I think he would be good alternative for CDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi2 View Post
I really wouldn't be surprised if we see kessie actually end up being benched within the next couple of years. I'm more curious about having a midfield trio of Bona---Biglia and Paqueta. Would be very interesting to see how Paqueta has Suso link up if they are both on the same side. Kessie will never be a destroyer he for whatever reason doesn't have that dog mentality.
I thought about Jack and Paqueta play same time, but wouldn't it be too offensive? As they both are attacking minded mids.
post #1655 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 01:21
Rising Star

I watched Croatia vs England match. That Rebic guy looks exactly what we need for LW. I was thinking about him since world cup. Fast, strong, good dribbler, long shots, looks like new Perisic. Not that expensive I guess. What do you guys think?
van likes this.
post #1656 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 03:59
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher2121 View Post
I watched Croatia vs England match. That Rebic guy looks exactly what we need for LW. I was thinking about him since world cup. Fast, strong, good dribbler, long shots, looks like new Perisic. Not that expensive I guess. What do you guys think?
Interesting. I haven't seen/noticed enough of him.

Nathaniel Rich
post #1657 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 08:31
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Paqueta looks more like a 10 than mezzala. Dont know if he can play midfield especially with Bona. Maybe instead of Bona.

Imo Rino will play him LW and Hakan to compete with Bona for the mezzala.
post #1658 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 10:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
IMO we need an improvement over Biglia rather than just a back-up. He's 32 already and while he's had solid runs, I doubt he is getting any closer to becoming the dominant DM we want to build a midfield around, and what many of us thought he would become; I'm sure he'll still be useful though, but we could probably do better.

Herrera I've also always thought of as a CM too (sorry @Laudrup ), but this year I've seen Mourinho play him in a back three, so who knows. I still think he would be a decent player to sign too.

Fair point. Biglia is not young any more.

Agreed that players can adapt to roles, although with Kessie I don't see it right now. As a double pivot alongside a true DM he may adapt, but it would be going against his nature. We see this guy who has good physical attributes who covers a lot of the pitch but his natural instinct is more attacking than anything. He's not a Rino. He comes into his own when he charges forward so it could take some time to play that out of him, if possible. Age is on his side though so we'll see how he develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi2 View Post

It could work. From the very little I've seen of Paqueta he's not a lightweight midfielder and although no ballwinner he not a defensive liability. Seems to have true mezz'ala characteristics. But on that note, would want to take it further and see Hakan instead of Bona as the other mezz'ala. Hardworking, good tackling and can pass well. When it comes to striking a ball he is second to none in our squad and CMs get to run on to shooting opportunities more than wingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher2121 View Post
Mourinho played him defensive midfielder couple of times, and he did play well as he is good defensively. So I think he would be good alternative for CDM.
May be that I just have never seen him play this position. Double pivot with Matic but never the single DM. But if as van said he's played in a back 3 then he has relatable experience (if he's played in the central position in the 3 as there are similarities).
post #1659 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 16:09
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Well, some people are still childishly hung over on the Leonardo - Mirabelli conundrum. Everything is a comparison. When you call them out they lack the intelligence for objective debate. They quickly resort to the lame, pathetic "Kalinic fan" or "Mirabelli/Fassone fan" jibe. Pity.
Are you capable at all of differentiating between sheriff & frank? I mean really! You're so livid about a line of thought suggested in a post by him, not myself, and goodness I didn't even endorse it or respond to it! Heck, I didn't even mention Leonardo! But you picked it up and attributed it to me! Marvelous. Not exactly sure how that's my fault.

And speaking of arse-kissing, a couple of minutes on the search function with your handle & Mirabelli as the keyword, you'll discover you're his #1 fan over here. Fine really, you're entitled to think whatever you fancy. I'm just puzzled why you're such a crybaby if/when you're called out for it!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #1660 of 2608 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2018, 17:30
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
May be that I just have never seen him play this position. Double pivot with Matic but never the single DM. But if as van said he's played in a back 3 then he has relatable experience (if he's played in the central position in the 3 as there are similarities).
Nah he was on the right of the defense... and it was a disaster.

Nathaniel Rich

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in