Calciomercato 2018 - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 00:42
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
I'm not interested in who starts because I believe there isn't much difference between all three.
The problem with that statement is one player is 30 and the other two are barely 22 common sense would dictate that it is better to develop the younger to because they are already at the level of the one who is 30. Not getting at you Inas just saying that Italian coachs are weird they have issue's with talented players like look at the situation at Juve where they bench Dybala even though he is their best player. While someone like Higuian might under perform every single game but he will always be the first name on the squad sheet. I don't know what they are teaching coachs in Coverciano but they need to change and quickly otherwise Italy will keep missing world cups simply for not having something as basic as spotting talent.

Now I get it no manager is ever without blame I remember many of us here wanted to see Groucuff start but Carlo never put him in and eventually he never lived up to his hype. But we cannot afford to do so with Andre we simply paid waay to much to not have him succeed plus if we were going to sell him then why reject all the offers that came in from all over the world?
Reza and zoo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 03:32
Premier Player

Teams: Your Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I have a theory finally. The only thing that explains not playing Silva is that they plan to cash in on him, sell him this January. And they knew that for months. Probably hoping for. Chinese or mid table EPL to show them the money. I can’t think of anything else.
You're not good at theories
post #103 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 07:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I am usually great at theories

post #104 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 08:07
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Makes sense to me.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #105 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 08:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
The problem with that statement is one player is 30 and the other two are barely 22 common sense would dictate that it is better to develop the younger to because they are already at the level of the one who is 30. Not getting at you Inas just saying that Italian coachs are weird they have issue's with talented players like look at the situation at Juve where they bench Dybala even though he is their best player. While someone like Higuian might under perform every single game but he will always be the first name on the squad sheet. I don't know what they are teaching coachs in Coverciano but they need to change and quickly otherwise Italy will keep missing world cups simply for not having something as basic as spotting talent.

Now I get it no manager is ever without blame I remember many of us here wanted to see Groucuff start but Carlo never put him in and eventually he never lived up to his hype. But we cannot afford to do so with Andre we simply paid waay to much to not have him succeed plus if we were going to sell him then why reject all the offers that came in from all over the world?
Of course. That's true. I was only talking about now. What each can bring to the table in terms of performance, currently. There's very little to choose between them.
post #106 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 09:22
Rising Star

Quote:
My issue is, if Silva is that good, why was he ignored by two managers? If the fans verdict is Kalinic is useless how comes he gets picked ahead of Silva time and time again? Maybe there's a conspiracy by Montella, taken up by Gattuso, against Milan!! Play the worst players and bench the better ones? Of course coaches make mistakes. But if a player keep getting ignored by a succession of coaches, there must be a reason.
The tendency to play a "proven" player like Kalinic over Silva is what I hate most about italian football. The lack of focus on the long term is also what has seriously crippled Italian football for a while in general.

Just look at Suso, he was labeled a failure because Inzaghi and Mihajlovic, who saw him everyday in training didn’t put their faith in him, so he must have been bad, right? It took for him to succeed somewhere else for us to realise what had already been there. It wasn’t the half year at Genoa that turned him from bad to good, we just had to open our eyes and play him.
post #107 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 10:04
Premier Player

I don't think it's an Italian problem alone, in the strict sense of the words. 9 out of 10 times a proven player would be picked over a "prospect" in every big club of every major league in Europe. It is normal. It is the sensible thing to do. The only difference is the extent to which we perceive a typical Italian coach would stick with the "proven" player even if he wasn't delivering. Even that is relative.
post #108 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 17:03
Star Player

I actually believe it's way more prominent in Italian football the culture has always been to play players well into their 30's and constantly loan out young talent. It's a big reason as to why we lost players like Aubameyang, Darmian and even Verdi. If we look at top flight clubs across Europe you'll see it's different in England clubs like Arsenal,Tottenham,Manchester United are all promoting. Plus right now we've got a lack of goal scoring and we keep playing the same proven "shit" its a damn surprise that we've even manage to turn Donnarumma into a starter at all.
post #109 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 21:51
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I am all for playing youngsters and have been very critical about the ways in which we have let talent go, but things like that happen almost everywhere. Just look at Real Madrid paying a ton for Morata and Manchester even more for Pogba. There might be a tendency to trust experience in Italy more than elsewhere, but if there is, it's only a marginal difference. EPL and lower division teams in the UK always have the gray hair player/captain.

IMO as Inas said, the main difference with Italian managers is their stubbornness. And not only in that they insist with their stuff, but in that they are sure they "know better" -- Allegri not using Dybala is less about youth and more about how many Italy NT coaches have refused to use some of their best players to world cups and the like (sometimes because they were too young, or too old, or too lazy, etc).

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #110 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2018, 23:06
Star Player

Honestly that Dybala stuff makes absolutely no sense like he is their top scorer but they bench him all the time. Even though Juve is so stacked that they can win without him it's incredible if you think about the early days in Barca Pep changed the whole team to suit messi. That's what great coach's do they take their best player and make him better not put him on the bench then ramble about how Dybala isn't a true striker man wtf are you talking about????

Talking about Italian national team I think its criminal that they didn't play Insigne for the world cup qualifiers please tell me how you are down a goal and need to score but insist on bring a defensive midfielder in De Rossi?? That's the shit that goes down in Italy you'll never see that any where else and it's a major reason why Italy didn't make the world cup and will probably not make the Euro's either if things don't change.
post #111 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 05:11
Premier Player

Teams: Your Maldini
According to Sky, Boca upped their offer for GRG, but Milan still finds it unsatisfactory. Di Marzio mentioned Flamengo is in the mix also.
post #112 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 07:01 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
And we really need Dybala kind of player in our side.
Is Allergi planning of selling him to us also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #113 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 08:46
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Give Juve the 100m and get him
post #114 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 10:28
Star Player

Teams: Milan
I'm not exactly sure why Dybala is much of a talking point over here. Not following, neither the debate nor news about him. We're not buying him! Only thing I came across a couple of weeks ago was a pre game studio on TV discussing how much of a party animal he's become, even Nedved was reportedly trying to talk some sense into this kid's mind. That's why he's not playing, I guess.

What truly interests me, though, is our stance on Gustavo Gomez! We should be cashing in on this guy straightaway! He's hardly even considered in the squad's rotation, not exactly renowned for his defense either. Has no ticket to the World Cup.... I don't see any reason to hold up for an overvaluation here.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #115 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 13:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
in my humble opinion and from the little i have seen, i would keep Gomez and make him a 3rd/4th choice CD (Bonucci-Roma-Mussacchio-Gomez) and get rid of the rest there, esp Paletta. One should have 4 CDs i think and I think GG has good potential.

post #116 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 17:52
Star Player

We want 8-9 million I believe Boca is only offering a loan with option to buy at 5 million.

I've said this before but screw Boca we aren't a discount store either they pay what we want or they go somewhere else. I still can't believe we aren't buying anybody this Mercato as Inter and Lazio are dropping points I can see us making up that 12 point gap especially because Lazio plays on the wednesday before they face us so we should be fresher. That LW we need somebody really badly especially if we still have hopes of making it to the champions league.
post #117 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 18:14
Star Player

It's an absolute crime that we passed on Deulofeo. What are they thinking.
post #118 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 19:11
Premier Player

We are short of cash, simple. I'm surprised people are expecting signings now despite our financial situation (Mr. Li, Uefa's threats, rejection of our Voluntary Agreement etc etc).
post #119 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 21:23
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
in my humble opinion and from the little i have seen, i would keep Gomez and make him a 3rd/4th choice CD (Bonucci-Roma-Mussacchio-Gomez) and get rid of the rest there, esp Paletta. One should have 4 CDs i think and I think GG has good potential.
Agreed. Gomez has often not looked great, but the potential is pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
It's an absolute crime that we passed on Deulofeo. What are they thinking.
Quote:
We are short of cash, simple. I'm surprised people are expecting signings now despite our financial situation.
IMO the biggest issue was not going hard for Deulofeu when we could have, in the summer. It was clear that he wanted to go back to Barça and they had the option, but he was also just the player we needed and we already had him, he had worked well with the manager, and it was even clearer he would hve never been more than a sub there. Might have a been a case in which we really should have pushed more for him. It was the kind of situation where the management (and ourselves as fans) got too crazy with having a big budget and getting available good players and building a "new team" instead of building on what we had.

The other incredibly stupid move in hindsight was Bacca. We left him go exclusively because Montella didn't like him, bought two expensive players to replace him, and none of them has yet performed better than he did in worst season for us.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #120 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2018, 21:58
Star Player

It was smart to dump Bacca. 29 years old on a high salary and long term contract.

It was not smart to replace him with another inferior 29 year old on a long term contract. Wtf was that about.
Reza likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in