Calciomercato 2018 - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 13:30
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Andre Silva is but of a hit or miss type of player, but useless in Europe? Granted been off in the league, but hasnt he been scoring for fun in EL? Exactly why its bewildering he isnt doing more in league, since you can see he can do better already in another competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Gomez wanted to go back and Boca could be his next destination. Hope we can get a good Boca player in exchange + cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cristian Pavon is a gem.

Would be ideal since he is young, explosive and very talented, and you are in rebuild phase, plus you dont have a single natural winger in the squad to boot (Suso is closest, but he isnt a natural winger for me, more of a slick AMC that tries to copy Robben, and does it well most of the time).

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 18:17
Oni
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
To say Silva has no or limited skills, proves you haven't seen him much...
Silva has adequate and above average skills for a striker. He just needs to know when to use it and when to do the simple things. Also his finishing is pretty clinical..
post #83 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 18:28
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Silva has barely played in Serie A, he only gets garbage minutes at the end of games we've either already won or already gave up on.

In EL and Coppa, where he received some starts, he has been impressive.

I really don't see how anyone can pass judgment on him under these circumstances. He's not like Kalinic who gets chance after chance and continues to suck.

post #84 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 20:26
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Andre Silva is but of a hit or miss type of player, but useless in Europe? Granted been off in the league, but hasnt he been scoring for fun in EL? Exactly why its bewildering he isnt doing more in league, since you can see he can do better already in another competition.

Cristian Pavon is a gem.

Would be ideal since he is young, explosive and very talented, and you are in rebuild phase, plus you dont have a single natural winger in the squad to boot (Suso is closest, but he isnt a natural winger for me, more of a slick AMC that tries to copy Robben, and does it well most of the time).
Warya see tahey? Yeah Silva's hardly played in Serie A this season which is crazy if you look at how he's been scoring in Europe as well as when he goes away to play with Portugal. Pavon is a bit of a mystery to me he's 21/22 and we've all known about him since he was 17 yet he's never been brought over to Europe?
post #85 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 21:10
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Seems I can not be entitled to my own opinion. Again, only time will tell, and I specifically said “so far”.

Make Xtratime great again.
post #86 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2018, 21:37
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
You are entitled to your opinion, we (some/bunch/whoever) believe otherwise. I believe he has very high potential from what I have seen and from those I have read and spoken to. I posted earlier that I think there is little evidence to dismiss his potential based on his pre 2017-2018 play, I don't think I am contradicting myself in this case.
post #87 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 06:32
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti View Post
I could be proven wrong in the future, but so far IMO Andre Silva has had chances both in Serie A and Europa League to show "something", and he was absolutely worthless in every game. He shows absolutely zero skills and zero willingness to do anything.
first time I heard that the top scorer of a competition showed no skills and was "worthless in every game".
post #88 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 08:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
The “problem” with Silva is very similar to many young players - they need to play and play regularly to improve and get that absolute condition for success in top flight football - experience. Life in the top leagues is very different and unless you are Messi or Kaka (and they played a lot at 21) , you can’t fully make it unless they trust you and develop you by ... playing you. You will make mistakes, you will have bad games or even bad spells. It’s part of the growth and learning. To pay the money we paid for him, to be in a no-win-now mode, not to have other big stars in his position and still not to play him - that is mind boggling!
zoo likes this.

post #89 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 09:10 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Silva is proven in Portugal...I agree on the mind boggling part.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #90 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 10:33
Premier Player

17 goals in two seasons isn't actually "proven". But yeah, the potential is there. This can only be unlocked with constant play time. My issue is, if Silva is that good, why was he ignored by two managers? If the fans verdict is Kalinic is useless how comes he gets picked ahead of Silva time and time again? Maybe there's a conspiracy by Montella, taken up by Gattuso, against Milan!! Play the worst players and bench the better ones? Of course coaches make mistakes. But if a player keep getting ignored by a succession of coaches, there must be a reason. There has to be something about Silva's play that maybe the coaches see. Recall you guys war-cry for Cutrone to start. He started two games and did zilch. Nothing. In fact he was voted FOTM against Crotone. I personally I'm not too taken up by Silva. Not convinced. Yes he's young, has scored in the UEL where the opposition is weak and open. I acknowledge that his potential. But questions is if the coaches don't trust him, can we afford the luxury to give him the time needed to reach his potential?
post #91 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 11:41 Thread Starter
World Class Player

And how many start does Kalinic get and goals? Average?
Did he deserve a starting spot...

We will end up arguing with the supply they are not getting from the mids.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #92 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 12:22
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
17 goals in two seasons isn't actually "proven".
But 16 goals in one season at the age of 21 is pretty good. Inas stars in how to bend statistics his way

that said your statistic is incorrect. Silva scored 32 goals in two seasons. (only counting league goals.)
post #93 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 14:55
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti View Post
I could be proven wrong in the future, but so far IMO Andre Silva has had chances both in Serie A and Europa League to show "something", and he was absolutely worthless in every game. He shows absolutely zero skills and zero willingness to do anything.
first time I heard that the top scorer of a competition showed no skills and was "worthless in every game".
You clearly don’t remember my Bierhoff rants then.

Anyway, finally got my password back.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #95 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 20:46
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
And how many start does Kalinic get and goals? Average?
Did he deserve a starting spot...

We will end up arguing with the supply they are not getting from the mids.
You need to ask the coaches that, not me. Start with Montella then Gattuso. I've said severally it's all the same to me who starts. I'm not interested in who starts because I believe there isn't much difference between all three. One thing I'm sure of is neither Silva nor Cutrone would any better than Kalinic leading the line alone.
post #96 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 20:48
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
But 16 goals in one season at the age of 21 is pretty good. Inas stars in how to bend statistics his way

that said your statistic is incorrect. Silva scored 32 goals in two seasons. (only counting league goals.)
Well maybe I got the stats wrong. My bad 😊
post #97 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 22:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I have a theory finally. The only thing that explains not playing Silva is that they plan to cash in on him, sell him this January. And they knew that for months. Probably hoping for. Chinese or mid table EPL to show them the money. I can’t think of anything else.

post #98 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 22:50 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Kalinic is better to cash in. He is older and won’t get better.
The Chinese club has made an offer for him.

post #99 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 22:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
You need to ask the coaches that, not me. Start with Montella then Gattuso. I've said severally it's all the same to me who starts. I'm not interested in who starts because I believe there isn't much difference between all three. One thing I'm sure of is neither Silva nor Cutrone would any better than Kalinic leading the line alone.

Silva is a future prospect and Kalinic came to Milan is Montella request.
You basically answered that

post #100 of 2553 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2018, 23:03
Administrators
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I have a theory finally. The only thing that explains not playing Silva is that they plan to cash in on him, sell him this January. And they knew that for months. Probably hoping for. Chinese or mid table EPL to show them the money. I can’t think of anything else.
Mendes money laundering?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in