Calciomercato 2018 - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2018, 19:36
Premier Player

Teams: Your Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti View Post
1) Your main mistake was hiring two failures like Mirabelli and Fassone. Please Google their history, and see who they bought in previous teams, such as Inter for example. Shocked they were given so much power when rebuilding a team with their terrible track record.

2) Big issue in Italian football. Expecting to build a team and having no patience in actually building a team, team work etc. Buying players without any real reason.

3) You need to sell all these Paletta like players, choose a coach and stick with a project. Firing Montella was, again, another huge mistake by Milan. Clearly results show it. It was not the coach but the low quality of players.

4) Come summer, you need to sell all these players who showed they were busts. I think some are showing good skills (Rodriguez is good for example) but some are trash. Kessie, over-hyped slow robotic player with 0 morale. He can do well in smaller teams but he is no Milan player and can not achieve much IMO. Same goes for Andre Silva, Kalinic, and Borini. Borini tries, runs.. but he is limited both technically and physically. Kalinic and Andre Silva are just bad players.

5) Cutrone needs to be developed, same with Locatelli. I personally would keep Abate as second of Conti, no need to sell him.
I can agree with many things, but Montella? What Milan where you watching? Forget this season, last season Montella went into a coma after winning the Italian Super Cup. Even with Deulofeu, Milan barely managed 6th place and that only because Inter changed 4 managers and was losing towards the end, while Montella was scraping for draws. Montella should have been fired right after the Lazio defeat, not Sampdoria. If Fassone and Mirabelli have done one thing right is firing Montella.

Now I don't know how credible you are. Saying firing Montella was a mistake is exactly like saying the earth is flat. I don't know if it's worth it to have a conversation with a flat earther.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2018, 22:18
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
I can agree with many things, but Montella? What Milan where you watching? Forget this season, last season Montella went into a coma after winning the Italian Super Cup. Even with Deulofeu, Milan barely managed 6th place and that only because Inter changed 4 managers and was losing towards the end, while Montella was scraping for draws. Montella should have been fired right after the Lazio defeat, not Sampdoria. If Fassone and Mirabelli have done one thing right is firing Montella.

Now I don't know how credible you are. Saying firing Montella was a mistake is exactly like saying the earth is flat. I don't know if it's worth it to have a conversation with a flat earther.
Let me explain buddy.
Montella is not and never will be a great coach, however, the problems Milan is having are far deeper than the coach.
Point is, firing Montella mid season when you still have to pay part of his wage (I assume), and having to spend even MORE on Gattuso.. for no results.. what is the point? Season is done for Milan, I doubt Gattuso is going to do so much better than Montella would have done, so why change mid season? Next season, 100% agree, but no point in doing so now.

Hope point is clearer now.

Make Xtratime great again.
post #23 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2018, 23:06
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Montella has a new job so we don't pay his wage. Gattuso earns peanuts.

So it was a brilliant financial decision if anything. The millions we save will cover a few hours' worth of interest on the Elliott loan.

post #24 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2018, 23:23
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Montella has a new job so we don't pay his wage. Gattuso earns peanuts.

So it was a brilliant financial decision if anything. The millions we save will cover a few hours' worth of interest on the Elliott loan.
He does now.. But not before.
Of course, it depends on the type of contract that was stipulated.

Brilliant financial decision is a bit much though, considering everything else..

Make Xtratime great again.
post #25 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2018, 23:26
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Saying Andre Silva is not a good player is basically based on nothing even if you have followed him since Porto B or something. His average goals per games of 1 goal every 2 matches, even better for NT. And before you say that is weak league or something similar then from current players/attackers you only rate Messi and Ronaldo and perhaps another 2 or 3, but not more. That kind of standard is too high to compare when building a team
post #26 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2018, 00:31
Star Player

Silva has never had a chance at Milan and it will be an utter shame if we dump him.
post #27 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2018, 06:25
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti View Post
Let me explain buddy.
Montella is not and never will be a great coach, however, the problems Milan is having are far deeper than the coach.
Point is, firing Montella mid season when you still have to pay part of his wage (I assume), and having to spend even MORE on Gattuso.. for no results.. what is the point? Season is done for Milan, I doubt Gattuso is going to do so much better than Montella would have done, so why change mid season? Next season, 100% agree, but no point in doing so now.

Hope point is clearer now.
Yeah Montella got a buy out from Milan before he joined Sevilla. But the mistake was already made when he was re-signed in the summer(when Roma was knocking on his door). I do get your point. But it's like having your wife cheating on you and continuing the relation. Yes you're going to get divorce raped, but at least you have your dignity if you walk away.
post #28 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2018, 12:59 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Someone open the match thread for goodness sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #29 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2018, 13:56
Premier Player

We don't care 😣
post #30 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2018, 22:53
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
If Fassone and Mirabelli have done one thing right is firing Montella.
Hold on, seriously!!!

That's coming from the same guy who was more interested in the status quo back then when Fassone & Mirabelli didn't actually fire Montella because there were no adequate replacements! That was probably in November, way beyond the Lazio & Samp losses!

Lol, Doc, the flip-flopping is epic! I mean you couldn't beat the drum for management any louder, could you!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #31 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 00:27
Premier Player

On a serious note before I troll you again, does somebody eat your lunch everyday or what? Did life after Mubarak become that bad?

But going back to whatever you were talking about, if you look at my posts I have said several times Montella should have been fired after the Sampdoria game. Even on the posts I defended him. But if the rumors about firing him in December or end of the year and his contract for the following season would be voided might as well keep him and save some money. And there was no manager available that would make anyone of us say, this is our guy hire him. Last time I checked still isn't one. This has nothing to do with me being pro new management, which I am to a certain point, but if I don't see anything on the pitch how the **** can I be?

This is also looking at things in hindsight. Was anyone of us exited for Gattuso taking over? If you find me somebody I'll steal Warren Buffet's money and give it to him. But things are not so bad, I'm not expecting Coppa or Europa League, but there's improvements to Montella's shit show of a possession game of going nowhere. At least with Gattuso they're going somewhere instead of passing around in circles. Now I still expect loses to Genoa away or Atalanta or Sassuolo away, but if Gattuso can do it maybe there's hope.

Now also another thing in hindsight is the mercato. Even a depressed pessimistic guy like you was exited in the summer. Just like the rest of us. Now you can't find anybody exited anymore, not even the hardcore Curva guys. So in hindsight when I say firing Montella was the best thing Fassobelli did am I wrong? No I'm goddamn right, because that is the best thing that they have done so far after a botched mercato and the Tiki-Cacca or Shitty-Taka of Montella.

Until next time and don't let them eat your lunch. And BTW if they don't get Conte and have a repeat of the last few seasons I'm done with them. I'm already fiddy-fiddy as it is.
post #32 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 00:36
Star Player

Sheriff you aren't the judge of everyone here. You spend more time criticizing people than discussing Milan.
humanTORCH likes this.
post #33 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 00:46
Premier Player

On a lighter note. Inter will be getting about 2.4M euros from the transfer of Coutinho to Barcelona for 160M euros. If Verdi moves to Napoli for the proposed 25M, Milan get 5M euros.
post #34 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 00:47
Star Player

5m euros? Nice. That's about a day and a half of Elliot interest.
post #35 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 02:02
Star Player

Couldn't be arsed really to quote your thesis, Doc. It was a struggle as is to continue reading.... But yeah, keep going in circles, you're good at it! And there's always a Pasquale Campopiano to look up to

No expectations..No disappointments
post #36 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 05:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Can someone explain to me whats goin on with Belotti??

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #37 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 08:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Can someone explain to me whats goin on with Belotti??

He's currently injured (knee sprain I think).

In terms of generally how he has been; Torino should have cashed in on him last summer. No doubt his stock has fallen. If Cairo was not so greedy he could have made a big sale on him and their squad could have been bolstered in certain areas.

Nobody will pay 80-100 million for him now, even in today's market. Lukaku is a good comparator to assess Belotti's worth. Considering it was Man United paying that much (EPL mark-up) and he is clearly a better player than Belotti, Cairo was having a laugh by holding out for such money.
post #38 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 08:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
He's currently injured (knee sprain I think).

In terms of generally how he has been; Torino should have cashed in on him last summer. No doubt his stock has fallen. If Cairo was not so greedy he could have made a big sale on him and their squad could have been bolstered in certain areas.

Nobody will pay 80-100 million for him now, even in today's market. Lukaku is a good comparator to assess Belotti's worth. Considering it was Man United paying that much (EPL mark-up) and he is clearly a better player than Belotti, Cairo was having a laugh by holding out for such money.
Is Lukaku really a "clearly better player than Belotti"? Not sure about that. Both aren't worth their touted values, sure. Not even close. And yes, Cairo was a fool for refusing offers for Belotti, believing he's gonna repeat that feat or even surpass last season's form. Almost everyone saw it wasn't going to be possible.
post #39 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 09:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Belotti had a breakthrough last season, but in previous seasons Lukaku was showing more than him. He's a more established/experienced striker who is now proving his worth in a big club which comes with a lot more pressure, whilst Belotti has not pushed on from his achievements of last season.
post #40 of 2547 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2018, 10:38
Premier Player

For sake of hypothesis, imagine Lukaku in Torino. Think he can do what Belotti did? I know - different league, so many factors. But still. Players do benefit from certain environments, surrounded by better players, atmosphere. I have a feeling Belotti would do very well if inserted into the, for example, Man U team in the less-constricted defensive nature of the PL. He has better movement and work rate than Lukaku, plus he is a very good finisher. Certainly at par, at least, with Lukaku.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in