LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2581 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 00:13
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
FB (and ST) improvements are now in the nice to have category, as I said elsewhere we must realize that when the market opens we have only 5 'mids' (Jack, Paqueta, Biglia, Kessie, Hakan) on the squad, in total. Maldini or whoever is in charge needs to fill that first cause that's just pure urgent need at this point.
Especially if they hire Giampaolo and he plays 4-4-2 consistently, we’ll need at least a couple more solid midfielders. Unless he finds use to Conti and Laxalt as mids, for example, or other such creative solutions.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 03:30
van
Community Manager
Legend

More rumors:

Gianluca Mancini the Atalanta CB, more on Sensi, and speculation that Maldini will attempt to renew Suso.

Also seems like Zapata may en up in Flamengo. He's leaving at any rate. He's been a decent team player for seven years with Milan.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #2583 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 03:41
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
What is with Suso thing? he is contracted until 2022...

post #2584 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 03:45
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
What is with Suso thing? he is contracted until 2022...
The piece I read said it was about getting rid of the release clause. May be BS of course.
Reza likes this.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2585 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 16:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Get rid of all the wingers + RR and buy Bakayoko, SMS and a lb. With 4-3-1-2:

Donnaruma
Calabria -Caldara/Mussachio - Romagnoli - new lb
Kessie - Bakayoko - SMS
Paqueta
A.Silva - Piatek

If we can get a good offer for Suso + with the sales of Castillejo and RR it might be doable.

Bench: Reina, Conti, Laxhalt, Caldara/Mussachio, Zapata, Biglia, Hakan, Bonaventura and Cutrone.

If for FFP reasons we can't spend much then sell Donna as well and play Reina.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #2586 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 16:44
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Bakayoko and SMS are not happening. 80-100M for SMS would have been the biggest robbery in Serie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
More rumors:

Gianluca Mancini the Atalanta CB, more on Sensi, and speculation that Maldini will attempt to renew Suso.

Also seems like Zapata may en up in Flamengo. He's leaving at any rate. He's been a decent team player for seven years with Milan.
Di Marzio said, Mancini is a profile that is liked, but there have been no contacts.
post #2587 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 16:47
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
Bakayoko and SMS are not happening. 80-100M for SMS would have been the biggest robbery in Serie A.

I read somewhere yesterday that there might be a gentleman's agreement between Lotito and Maldini. And with the bad season he has had, maybe his demands were lowered.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #2588 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 18:01
van
Community Manager
Legend

SMS would improve us and many were disappointed we failed to sign him... but holy shit, based on this season (and the WC) he’s worth a third of the rumored fees.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2589 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 19:44
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
I read somewhere yesterday that there might be a gentleman's agreement between Lotito and Maldini. And with the bad season he has had, maybe his demands were lowered.

The only rumor going around is that Maldini is working on getting Andersen and Praet from Sampdoria. And both of them cost at least half of what Lotito wants for SMS. That and Sensi who has been rumored for a while now. SMS rumors to Milan stopped by September of last season.

But even for these guys, people have to be sold in order to "fix" the negative balance.
post #2590 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 19:48
van
Community Manager
Legend

Nah I saw the one about the “gentlemen agreement” between the presidents for SMS too. It put it in terms of Milan getting priority for not moving for Inzaghi. Sounds like a completely made-up story obviously.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2591 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 20:02
Premier Player

Lotito and gentlemen agreements? Only with the FIGC bosses in order to protect his racist fanbase.
post #2592 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 18:09
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Some fantasy football rumor - Schick for Silva. Would you do it?
post #2593 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 18:23
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
If the coach likes Schick and he would fit into his formation and style of play, why not.
post #2594 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 18:56
van
Community Manager
Legend

On paper I would not mind. I’d say I rate them both pretty much the same and Schick may carry less baggage in terms of pressure and fear to fail at Milan.

Beside the new manager’s preference, it may also be important to take into account financial aspects (like FFP consequences and wages) and injury/health concerns.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2595 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 19:13
Premier Player

Wasn't Schick like injury prone? Has he been playing regularly? I remember he was highly rated then suddenly dropped off after that move to Juve (?)

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
post #2596 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 20:52
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Wasn't Schick like injury prone? Has he been playing regularly? I remember he was highly rated then suddenly dropped off after that move to Juve (?)

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yes, that's why I wondered, some kind of mysterious heart issue was claimed when his move to Juve collapsed. He doesn't seem to have done much ever since, but I haven't seen him enough.

Weirdly, he did very well under Giampaolo at Samp, but has since said some not-so-nice things about him.
Schick: "Giampaolo voleva farmi fuori"

Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; June 6th, 2019 at 00:15.
post #2597 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 22:27
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
He has been very poor the times I seen him play for Roma.
post #2598 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2019, 16:39
van
Community Manager
Legend

Nobody seems to want James Rodriguez these days. IMO for a reasonable price he'd make a fantastic signing if we're no longer in need of a winger as a priority, can play behind the forwards, as trequartista, and likely beyond though his work rate is dubious for other roles.

Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; June 6th, 2019 at 18:05.
post #2599 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2019, 17:36
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
If we're looking for a trequartista, I doubt we could do better. But his wages are probably way too high.
post #2600 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2019, 19:20
van
Community Manager
Legend

If we really move for a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, it would make sense to try to get a player like that, who can play behind the forwards or as second forward.

But I guess it all depends on what happens with André Silva, and yeah, I get the sense $$$ would make it impossible anyway.

Nathaniel Rich

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in