Calciomercato 2018 - Page 129 - Xtratime Community
 123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2561 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 18:28
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
It's reported that we are interested in Mario Rui, the Napoli LB. He's leaving Napoli as declared by him and his agent. While this position isn't a top priority, I would really love us to upgrade on RR. Personally I feel it's one of the positions the team really needs to strengthen.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't see Mario Rui as a clear improvement on RR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2562 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 18:40
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Choose a new coach who will keep 4-3-3 system for next season. Yes, our priority is a pacey left winger (inverted winger/right footed, eg: Deulofeu etc.). IMO Hakan can be converted to regista, or sell him and buy Bakayoko or Tonali.

----------------- Donnarumma

Calabria --- Caldara? --- Romagnoli --- Rodriguez

--------------------- Hakan?

------------ Kessie -------- Paqueta

Suso --------------------------------------- LW?

-------------------- Piontek
post #2563 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 19:05
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
We need to find a new role for Kessié, for the love of god.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #2564 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 19:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
We need to find a new role for Kessié, for the love of god.
I know what I'm going to say is hearsay, but he can be the next Desially in a diamond formation. All we need are two good box to box players, one of them could be Sensi.
post #2565 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 19:27
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
I know what I'm going to say is hearsay, but he can be the next Desially in a diamond formation. All we need are two good box to box players, one of them could be Sensi.
I'd be down to try him there, or in any central midfield role in a flat 4-4-2, or something like Kante's old role of running everybody down alongside a more static anchor man, or even mezz'ala but on the other side. But it's been a while in the current role now, and it's just not good enough.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #2566 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 19:28
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
IMO Kessie and Paqueta are box to box midfielders, Kessie is more physical (defensive), while Paqueta is more technical (attacking).
post #2567 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 19:35
Premier Player

I believe Kessie's major problem is brain. Or lack of. Give him a little and he'd excel in any midfield position.

post #2568 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 06:09
van
Community Manager
Legend

One rumor is that if Giampaolo joins we'd like to try to go for Andersen and Praet. The first I haven't really noticed too much, but Praet does look like a really good midfielder. He's played right mezz'ala (or even RM) every time I've seen him, though he looks like he could play several positions in midfield.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2569 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 06:57
Oni
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King George View Post
Choose a new coach who will keep 4-3-3 system for next season. Yes, our priority is a pacey left winger (inverted winger/right footed, eg: Deulofeu etc.). IMO Hakan can be converted to regista, or sell him and buy Bakayoko or Tonali.

----------------- Donnarumma

Calabria --- Caldara? --- Romagnoli --- Rodriguez

--------------------- Hakan?

------------ Kessie -------- Paqueta

Suso --------------------------------------- LW?

-------------------- Piontek
Hakan as a registra would be asking for trouble in my opinion. He would lose the ball left and right leading to counterattacks, then launch in with his over the top tackles and get carded.
post #2570 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:59 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Do I have the blessing to open an new thread Calciomercato 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #2571 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:00 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
With Giampaolo it will be 4-3-1-2. Full stop.

No more 4-3-3 please

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #2572 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:41
Star Player

Giampaolo likes 2 strikers, at least Berlu will be happy. I wonder if we will stick with Silva as our third.
post #2573 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:50
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Giampaolo likes 2 strikers, at least Berlu will be happy. I wonder if we will stick with Silva as our third.
It's the logical thing to do. I mean if actually the Coach plays two strikes, what's the point of selling Silva? We'd be left with Cutrone and Piatek which means looking for an additional striker.

post #2574 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:55
zoo
Legend

If we need to raise money for FFP purposes we can sell: Hakan (25), Lax (15), Andre Silva (30) (if we play with 2 strikers maybe we can keep him), Samu (20) ... they can bring around 90m in todays transfer world.
post #2575 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 15:59
van
Community Manager
Legend

If Giampaolo really was dead set on playing 4-3-1-2 no matter what, we might was well sell Suso, who seems to have a very hard time adapting to any role outside of RW.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2576 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 16:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
It's the logical thing to do. I mean if actually the Coach plays two strikes, what's the point of selling Silva? We'd be left with Cutrone and Piatek which means looking for an additional striker.

On paper, Silva would be ideal. He has the attributes to compliment either Piatek or Cutrone. But there is a big question mark over him. It didn't work out at Milan, which could have been down to Rino not giving him a fair go, we don't know. But more concerning is how he went to Sevilla, looked an instant success, then shortly after just fell away. Scored a hattrick on his debut and a few goals in following games (a brace against Real Madrid) but then went a long time without scoring.

He always struck me as a player with good resale value, so if that's the case despite his lack of success at Sevilla then it may be worth cashing in on him and looking elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
If Giampaolo really was dead set on playing 4-3-1-2 no matter what, we might was well sell Suso, who seems to have a very hard time adapting to any role outside of RW.

Agreed. We need to sell players and he could fetch a tidy sum.
post #2577 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 17:59
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
If we need to raise money for FFP purposes we can sell: Hakan (25), Lax (15), Andre Silva (30) (if we play with 2 strikers maybe we can keep him), Samu (20) ... they can bring around 90m in todays transfer world.
The problem is none of those players will raise money from the FFP point of view. Andre Silva break even price is around 28M, so at 30M you're only making 2M as far as FFP is concerned. Hakan and Laxalt could be at 12M. If you sell Suso that is all going to be profit and help from the FFP side of things.
post #2578 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 21:14
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Do we want to keep this or create a new 2019 thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Do I have the blessing to open an new thread Calciomercato 2019

No blessings needed, open as you see fit.

Let's hope for a better summer market. It's safe to say the previous two have been some of the worst in history.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2579 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 21:52
Legend

I hope you have a better full back than Rodriguez next season. He is too slow
post #2580 of 2608 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 23:51
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
FB (and ST) improvements are now in the nice to have category, as I said elsewhere we must realize that when the market opens we have only 5 'mids' (Jack, Paqueta, Biglia, Kessie, Hakan) on the squad, in total. Maldini or whoever is in charge needs to fill that first cause that's just pure urgent need at this point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in