Calciomercato 2018 - Page 126 - Xtratime Community
 123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2501 of 2608 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 21:42
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
After quite unlikely links with Sarri and Pochettino, the latest rumored manager is Di Francesco... I don’t think he’s as bad as people say, but FFS he is not at all what we need to be going for. Smells like another Montella.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2502 of 2608 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 23:39
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
If Milan fail to get Conte than there's Gasperini. If both Leo and Maldini get EdF as the manager, than look for new sporting directors next season.
post #2503 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 02:49
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Italian: Conte, Sarri or Spalletti.

Non Italian: Erik ten Hag.

post #2504 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 02:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Zdenek Zeman. We are not challenging for anything so might as well get entertained with attacking football and comedic defensive farkups.
post #2505 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 03:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
Zdenek Zeman. We are not challenging for anything so might as well get entertained with attacking football and comedic defensive farkups.
Seriously, why not....

EDF is at the very best a Spalletti and even then he has proven nothing of that

Btw is Caldara back?
post #2506 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 05:08
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
If Milan fail to get Conte than there's Gasperini. If both Leo and Maldini get EdF as the manager, than look for new sporting directors next season.
I'd go for Gasperini too as a "safe choice" if we can't get a really world class (or close to it or extremely promising) manager. His Inter stint is the big doubt, but almost everybody sucks there. And his work at Atalanta has really been good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
x2

And Zeman + Musacchio could be some Buster Keaton level comedy.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #2507 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 23:23
van
Community Manager
Legend

I keep readings these Di Francesco links... WTF is Leonardo thinking.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2508 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 04:32
Premier Player

Nobody knows anything. But if it happens I'm guessing no CL next year and a new sporting director.
post #2509 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 05:06
Premier Player

I remember sometime ago when I said I liked Lucas Moura and I wanted us to try get him. Some don't rate him. But I think he's the exact thing we are missing upfront - fast, strong, creative, can score, isn't scared to take on defenders, doesn't stay down. He may not be too consistent but we could really do with a player like him, especially as a RW or LW.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
post #2510 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 13:24
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
I remember sometime ago when I said I liked Lucas Moura and I wanted us to try get him. Some don't rate him. But I think he's the exact thing we are missing upfront - fast, strong, creative, can score, isn't scared to take on defenders, doesn't stay down. He may not be too consistent but we could really do with a player like him, especially as a RW or LW.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
100% agreed. He’s been fantastic all year too, and cost around the same as Hakan.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2511 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 15:40
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
100% agreed. He’s been fantastic all year too, and cost around the same as Hakan.
Had a good start to the season but I agree with Inas that he’s inconsistent.
post #2512 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 00:37
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Had a good start to the season but I agree with Inas that he’s inconsistent.
For sure. If he was consistent (and injury-free) he'd have moved to Real Madrid, not Spurs.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2513 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 12:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
The fascinating thing w Spurs is that - although the money was there - they decided not to spend them (in Jan) and keep the team spirit and all that. So imagine if now in the summer they spend them wisely and build on what they have already?

post #2514 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 14:01
van
Community Manager
Legend

Yeah really remarkable. I’d forgotten they did not spend anything.

What is clear above all from this CL and the season of EPL dominance in Europe is that top level club football is more and more about the managers. EPL teams are consistently recruiting the best, or at least trying.

This was all Klopp and Pochettino, with decimated squads too.

Nathaniel Rich
post #2515 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 16:03
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Yup. Years ago I used to believe that managers didn't really matter apart from providing a useful fall guy when things go south. However in recent years the proof is in the pudding. Managers are extremely important and we should really invest in a great one.
post #2516 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 16:05
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
The fascinating thing w Spurs is that - although the money was there - they decided not to spend them (in Jan) and keep the team spirit and all that. So imagine if now in the summer they spend them wisely and build on what they have already?
The fascinated thing with Spurs is that all Inter had to do is beat PSV in San Siro and Tottenham would have been out. Anyway part of life in CL. 60% luck
post #2517 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 16:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Quote:
The fascinated thing with Spurs is that all Inter had to do is beat PSV in San Siro and Tottenham would have been out. Anyway part of life in CL. 60% luck
And Liverpool almost went out to Napoli

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #2518 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 16:56
World Class Player

Quote:
Inter didn’t have the class to beat PSV and were extremely lucky to beat Spurs at San Siro. Would have been very wrong if Inter had qualified ahead of Spurs, so not much to do with luck. The (far) better side qualified.
post #2519 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 19:09
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Inter didn’t have the class to beat PSV and were extremely lucky to beat Spurs at San Siro. Would have been very wrong if Inter had qualified ahead of Spurs, so not much to do with luck. The (far) better side qualified.
The point was they were lucky not that they weren't the best side. As Adnan said even Liverpool almost went out to Napoli. I remember Milik missing a seater, but Mane also missed a very easy goal. Liverpool also were "lucky" in 04-5 during the group stage.
post #2520 of 2608 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 19:26
World Class Player

It’s usually the better side that “gets lucky”, fortunately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in