Xtratime Community banner

Pre-season 2017/2018

10K views 388 replies 22 participants last post by  humanTORCH 
#1 ·
Whilst in the midst of a great mercato and neverending saga with Dramarumma (new nickname), the team has gotten together at Milanello to begin pre-season training.

I got hyped watching the fans come to Milanello to show support, a new sign of optimism I'm sure all of us are feeling after a dismal last few years.

Anyway, our pre-season schedule will be shorter than usual, considering that we begin our Europa League campaign.

Friendlies
July 11 in Lugano - vs Lugano
July 18 in Guangzhou - vs Borussia Dortmund
July 22 in Shenzen - vs Bayern Munich

Europa League
July 27 - Third Qualifying Round, First Leg
August 3 - Third Qualifying Round, Second Leg
August 17 - Playoff Round, First Leg
August 24 - Playoff Roun, Second Leg

#6 ·
It's too early to know. I think the first qualifying rounds are having their second leg today.

#8 ·
EL games could be seen as a blessing in disguise. It forces the squad to be match sharp earlier than normal, which is important when bringing together such a new group of players. Could have its benefits for the start of the Serie A season. The downside is of course a longer season overall. Lets see how well Montella can rotate.

#12 ·
The other potential downside, which I've often seen with my local teams at pre-Libertadores, which also starts really early in the season, is that bad results can demoralize the team, destabilize the whole start of the season. That said, qualifying to Libertadores for South American teams is a much, much bigger deal (in all possible ways, including financially but also just in terms of passion) than Europa League for Milan.

#13 ·
He's Albanian. If you haven't yet noticed.

#22 ·
Nah, Trump is Christianity's miserable attempt to become relevant again. Final battle is gonna be between Muslims and Jews. Christens, once again, will side with the loser. :devil2:

#24 ·
#28 ·
Rodriguez just gave an interview, and was asked about how he thinks the team will be playing in defense. He said "So far Montella is trying a back four. Always a back four".

#34 ·
Squad:

GOALKEEPERS: Gabriel, Guarnone, Storari.
DEFENDERS: Abate, Antonelli, De Sciglio, Gabbia, Gomez, Musacchio, Paletta, Rodriguez, Simic, Zapata.
MIDFIELDERS: Bertolacci, Calhanoglu, Crociata, Kessie, Mauri, Montolivo, Sosa, Zanellato.
FORWARDS: Bacca, Borini, Cutrone, Niang.

Jack is out it seems, but Abate is in.

Anyone know what's up with Romagnoli? Still injured? Most the rest not included were involved in some sort of summer tourney.

#36 ·
Squad:

GOALKEEPERS: Gabriel, Guarnone, Storari.
DEFENDERS: Abate, Antonelli, De Sciglio, Gabbia, Gomez, Musacchio, Paletta, Rodriguez, Simic, Zapata.
MIDFIELDERS: Bertolacci, Calhanoglu, Crociata, Kessie, Mauri, Montolivo, Sosa, Zanellato.
FORWARDS: Bacca, Borini, Cutrone, Niang.

Jack is out it seems, but Abate is in.

Anyone know what's up with Romagnoli? Still injured? Most the rest not included were involved in some sort of summer tourney.
He has to do some physiotherapy before he starts to fully train.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.