Milan vs Palermo - 9/04/17 @ 2:00 pm - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 03:03
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Seeing inert below us is an ultimate sensation.
Atalanta will drop points as pressure is mounting to the finish line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 06:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Seeing inert below us is an ultimate sensation.
Atalanta will drop points as pressure is mounting to the finish line.

That fourth goal was very Hazard-esque, hope we keep Deulofeu somehow next season

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 17:24
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
True. I always had faith in Deulofeu but he really is performing beyond expectations. At this point securing him for the future should be a priority (right up there after keeping Donnarumma and Suso). Pasalic should stay as well.

If we do that, though, we are basically at a similar point as every season before this, just better, with a more established manager and squad. We would finally have some good/promising players starting in every line: Donnarumma, bunch of decent enough fullbacks if they're ever healthy, Romagnoli, Locatelli, Pasalic, Bonaventura, Suso, Deulofeu, Bacca. We would essentially need one quality player in every line: a quality starting CB (I wouldn't mind an older player even, we need quality), a starting CM (preferably a creative player in the line of those we have, but better than Mati, Sosa, Montolivo, etc; but we could also do with a very strong DM instead IMO), and a quality versatile attacker (I'm thinking someone who could play either striker or wide, á la Alexis, Martial, Mbappe, Rashford).

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 17:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Barca will activate his 12 million buyback clause. Deulofeu would probably be happy to return, considering he is Catalan born and bred and came through La Masia.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 18:54
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Yeah I don't think we have a prayer of keeping Deulofeu since Barca wants him and has such a cheap option.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2017, 23:35
van
Community Manager
Legend

Of course if they really want him we're out of the picture. But you never know with the Spanish big teams these days.

Right now they already have Messi, Suarez, Neymar + Alcacer and Arda Turan. I wouldn't be too surprised if they buy some huge upcoming name just because, as they often do. In that case them getting Deulofeu wouldn't wouldn't make sense for anyone involved.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2017, 00:00
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
If we have the money we should buy him.
It's up to him to go to Milan even though Barca activate their option. It's just that he will be more expensive.
Like some of you mentioned he will have to play a back up role returning to Barca.
Hopefully he realized Milan re ignite his career and the reason he is back at Spanish NT

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2017, 02:38
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
nothing will surprise me anymore...even a 4 0 loss here
You do jinx it in a nice reversal way. You should do this more often!!

Back to the game. Massive win. Hugely satisfying after knowing that Inter, Atalanta and Fiorentina and Lazio dropping points...

First and foremost, Bacca was a changed man nowadays. I see him getting involved in the play more often... He no longer waits for opportunity to hit him in the penalty box, now he scurried around to fetch the ball and getting involved in the whole ball game. Probably because he knows that he no longer indispensable, unlike last season under Miha where he seems untouchable, even sub him out of the game irate him out... His workrate has increased tremendously so far this season and credits gotta go to Montella...

Suso is huge and we can see that in those game where we are without Suso, the play get a little too direct and predictable... With Suso, there are more options for us, either on the left to Deulofeu and right to Suso... Ocampos still got a long way to go to match Suso. I can't wait for Bona to return though...

I like what Montella is doing here, rotating players around so that every players get some playing time... It's important to do so as it keep their focus and concentration during training as they know that they might just be called up for the next game. Zapata filled in well for Paletta in the game and he did not show any rustiness at all probable because he had played some games prior to that. We seems a good rotation in midfield, involving Kucko, Locatelli, Pasalic, Mati, Sosa etc... Kucko played a good game last night, even made some good moves too...

If only we could win the remaining games in this similar fashion, we could be in for a shock and to chase for the CL berth instead of the Europa placing... But we can only hope as I feel that we still lack of consistency in performing week in week out at this level...

But no harm dreaming...
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2017, 11:34
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Deulofeu probably will sit on the bench often if he decide to join Barca, and i think he'll accept offer from us, bcoz he'll plays regularly and he want to plays in WC 2018.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2017, 16:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacxaviqer View Post
You do jinx it in a nice reversal way. You should do this more often!!
Credit to where it's due please - the Thread starter 😎
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2017, 18:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Of course if they really want him we're out of the picture. But you never know with the Spanish big teams these days.

Right now they already have Messi, Suarez, Neymar + Alcacer and Arda Turan. I wouldn't be too surprised if they buy some huge upcoming name just because, as they often do. In that case them getting Deulofeu wouldn't wouldn't make sense for anyone involved.

If I was in Deulofeu's shoes, Catalan that came through La Masia, with Barcelona wanting me back, I think I may want to return. He would arguably be first choice sub, so with Liga/CL/Copa rotation (plus injuries and suspensions) he could get a decent amount of match time.

It comes down to how much he values being a starter. No question that he is enjoying being at Milan right now and is surely pleased to be at a club that allows him to take centre stage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in