Milan vs Sampdoria - 5/02/17 @ 11:30GMT - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
That was so ****ing stupid by Paletta. And also by Zapata...

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:06
zoo
Legend

And we are going on defense now with Abate and Lapa in for Pasalic and Baca
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:07
zoo
Legend

And Pasalic was playing way better than the useless Sosa and Berto.

The Chinese cant come soon enough

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:25
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
You just cant blame Montella here, even if it was a bit strange to put both Delofeu and Abate on the right side basically having the same position. But those chances missed is close to insane, its like nothing can go our way right now, like some invisible wall is stopping us. (well and the lack of grey matter in the heads of our players)
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:26
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
And Pasalic was playing way better than the useless Sosa and Berto.

The Chinese cant come soon enough
I think Sosa played pretty good all the way up to his red card.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
You just cant blame Montella here, even if it was a bit strange to put both Delofeu and Abate on the right side basically having the same position. But those chances missed is close to insane, its like nothing can go our way right now, like some invisible wall is stopping us. (well and the lack of grey matter in the heads of our players)
Was just going to say that. We played pretty well, it's just that this is a stupid team. The decision making is off the charts stupid and the lack of quality in the penalty area is mindblowing. 4th loss in a row, and this ome was certainly winable.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:31
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Nothing went right this afternoon. Deulofeu hitting the post, Pasalic narrowly missing a great chance, penalty not given for the foul on Bacca, Lapadula missing an easy chance. Unreal that we can dominate them and be in so many good positions and still fail to win.

Montella has to turn this around in the next few games or they should consider replacing him. Results matter above all and they're not coming, and he needs to shoulder some of the blame today. Despite all the missed chances he is making it unnecessarily more difficult by playing players out of position. Romagnoli-Paletta is one of the strong combinations in this team; why break that up by playing Zapata who is short on match fitness, and using a CB as a LB? Why a CM at RB when Calabria is on the bench? Taking off Bacca was a poor move too. Lapadula and Bacca is the way to go if you intend on playing 2 CMs + 2 wingers.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:32
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Second half of season cursed continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:56
Oni
Premier Player

First half we won so many close games and made a lot of comebacks. Guess this year our luck is up...
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 13:57 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post

Montella has to turn this around in the next few games or they should consider replacing him. Results matters...Despite all the missed chances he is making it unnecessarily more difficult by playing players out of position. Romagnoli-Paletta is one of the strong combinations in this team; why break that up by playing Zapata who is short on match fitness, and using a CB as a LB? Why a CM at RB when Calabria is on the bench? Taking off Bacca was a poor move too. Lapadula and Bacca is the way to go if you intend on playing 2 CMs + 2 wingers.
Spot on! Was about posting some along that line and you beat me to it. 👍
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 14:21
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
I feel his obsession with wingers are obvious.
Romagnoli and Paletta shouldn't be disturbed as centreback.
I would go to this:
Lapadula-bacca combo
Sosa-locatelli combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 14:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Even with selling the club cant qualify to Europa! Wtf...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 15:01
Forum Manager
Legend

I think we will still qualify but we'll probably scrape in. My expectation earlier in the season was we'd finish 4th-5th place; not quite good enough for CL but comfortably good enough for EL. With Inter and Fiorentina looking stronger now we're probably set to finish behind them. 6th would be my guess if I picked a single league position.

Surprised there hasn't been more comments on Silvestre's challenge on Bacca. IMO that was a definite PK. Certainly wasn't shoulder-to-shoulder; Silvestre pretty much just barged into the back of Bacca and made no intention of going for the ball. If the referee hadn't made that mistake I think we would have won today, regardless of the previous missed opportunities. Two games in a row now refereeing errors have cost us (red card not given on De Paul's challenge on De Sciglio, and he goes on to score the winner).
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 15:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Of course that was a clear cut penalty. Maybe because we are tired of talking about refs f'king us over, people aren't bothered anymore.

Can anyone remember the last we had a win because a referee favored us?
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 15:26
World Class Player

As I mentioned even before we started losing all our matches, it's exactly the same as last season, nothing has changed. Well, Suso had a great moment and that's probably the only difference. There have been few if any convincing wins. We were quite fortunate a number of times during the 1st half of the season to earn some narrow wins, now all that goes against us.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 15:39
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Surprised there hasn't been more comments on Silvestre's challenge on Bacca. IMO that was a definite PK.
Well we would be well into a scudetto run if calls were judged by the Milan fans. I seen comment in game threads over this year that we should have had 10+ more penalties and probably near as many reds for the opposition.

I think that challenge in particular was clumsy by silvestre, but it wasn't a clear penalty. Bacca really looked for the challenge there as he didnt' really have much chance of anything else.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 15:41
World Class Player

Quote:
Well we would be well into a scudetto run if calls were judged by the Milan fans.
My thoughts exactly
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 16:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
I think that challenge in particular was clumsy by silvestre, but it wasn't a clear penalty. Bacca really looked for the challenge there as he didnt' really have much chance of anything else.

Tried to find a replay to view it again but can't find one. If it had been shoulder-to shoulder or an accidental coming together then no, shouldn't be a PK. But to me looked a clear foul by Silvestre. The replay during the game clearly showed he intended on knocking him down, IMO.

Since the narrow 1-0 win vs Cagliari;

Torino 2-2 Milan
Milan 1-2 Napoli
Udinese 2-1 Milan
Milan 0-1 Sampdoria

(plus Coppa exit)

Next three fixtures are Lazio (A), Fiorentina (H) and Sassuolo (A). Huge pressure on Montella.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 17:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Can anyone remember the last we had a win because a referee favored us?
Sassuolo and juve in Serie A earlier this season. The Niang penalty and the Pjanic goal. Robbing juve is morally acceptable though.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2017, 17:30
World Class Player

I thought it was fine to disallow Juve's goal against Milan, though, as the Juve player in offside (think it was Bonucci) distracted our keeper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in