Milan vs Atalanta - 17 Dec 2016, 18:00 hrs - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 09:46
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
We deserved all three points. Good second half performance. Atalanta pulled out all the dirty tricks against us and were lucky in the end.

Agreed. Even Atalanta coach admitted that Atalanta was lucky to leave SS with a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 09:58
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
You shouldn't ever have become acquainted with top 3.

This was and still is a Europa League level team. We were just briefly punching above our weight
There's this thing about evolution, in football as well I believe.

Last night, we deserved all 3 pts. Midweek, we didn't deserve to lose. All according to you btw. I'm sure if I go any further I'll find more of the same whenever we dropped points. I'm not exactly sure how we're punching above our weight right there! Maybe when we narrowly beat Crotone, or struggled against Pescara & Palermo - the sure to be relegated. Or maybe when we couldn't close out the derby against Inter whom I don't even know how far behind they actually are! Or wait, maybe when we couldn't beat any of the big guns in the league this year, the only remarkable win was against Juventus at home, I'll give you that.

Come on! I mean why do we truly enjoy shooting ourselves in the foot over here?! The squad is mostly formed of nobodies just like every year for the past 3 seasons. There's Montella who found a formula to make this group function as a team & it worked as well & far as it could. Problem is, he got stuck with his one-dimensional tactics & failed to find any other viable alternatives. When Crotone figures out how to play Milan away & come so close to snatching points, you should know you're in deep trouble! But if that's punching above our weight for you......

No expectations..No disappointments
post #63 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 10:02
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
You shouldn't ever have become acquainted with top 3. It was only ever going to lead you along and break your heart

This was and still is a Europa League level team. We were just briefly punching above our weight
Agreed. It'll be a tough fight for the EL places, and if we succeed in getting there, we'll play our b-side and concentrate on the league and next season's objective: EL qualification
Rodriguez likes this.

post #64 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 10:19
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Any impressions or scouting reports on Caldara and Gagliardini? Missed this game.

Chief scout @Rodriguez

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #65 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 10:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
There's this thing about evolution, in football as well I believe.

Last night, we deserved all 3 pts. Midweek, we didn't deserve to lose. All according to you btw. I'm sure if I go any further I'll find more of the same whenever we dropped points. I'm not exactly sure how we're punching above our weight right there! Maybe when we narrowly beat Crotone, or struggled against Pescara & Palermo - the sure to be relegated. Or maybe when we couldn't close out the derby against Inter whom I don't even know how far behind they actually are! Or wait, maybe when we couldn't beat any of the big guns in the league this year, the only remarkable win was against Juventus at home, I'll give you that.

Come on! I mean why do we truly enjoy shooting ourselves in the foot over here?! The squad is mostly formed of nobodies just like every year for the past 3 seasons. There's Montella who found a formula to make this group function as a team & it worked as well & far as it could. Problem is, he got stuck with his one-dimensional tactics & failed to find any other viable alternatives. When Crotone figures out how to play Milan away & come so close to snatching points, you should know you're in deep trouble! But if that's punching above our weight for you......

Punching above our weight means that being 3rd place is IMO beyond where we will finally finish. Not a difficult concept. We're an EL level team and not a CL one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Any impressions or scouting reports on Caldara and Gagliardini? Missed this game.

Chief scout @Rodriguez

Cannot comment anything notable about them. I don't feel there were any true standout performances apart from Petagna who used his strength well and probably should have scored in the first half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Agreed. It'll be a tough fight for the EL places, and if we succeed in getting there, we'll play our b-side and concentrate on the league and next season's objective: EL qualification

Next season's objective will be CL .
post #66 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 11:00
World Class Player

The secure fund for transfer is the only way for us to be in the CL.
This team is EL bound but a proper transfer with a big war chest propell is to CL level.
We are half way though and let's wait till the end of the league to judge.
We shouldn't get to ahead of ourselves now.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #67 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 13:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Petagna reminds me of Borriello..

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #68 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 14:17
World Class Player

Quote:
Next season's objective will be CL .
Do you also believe in Santa?

Seriously, Rod, it is perfectly fine to call a spade a spade. You don't have to be positive all the time / remind us that our objective is EL every time we produce a disappointing result.
post #69 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 14:23
Star Player

Quote:
Punching above our weight means that being 3rd place is IMO beyond where we will finally finish. Not a difficult concept. We're an EL level team and not a CL one.
You can leave your concepts at the door, they simply don't apply. In fact, we all should imo. We've proven we can be better. So unless it's a fluke we're where we're at right now, I'll disagree. Concept? We should've never fell that far behind with the rosters we had from a couple of seasons ago. Leicester should've never won the EPL last year. It's always different on the pitch, one way or the other. But of course, who am I talking to! There's always a positive for you on any given weekend whatever the outcome is.....

post #70 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 14:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Where exactly are we? If Lazio wins today at home we'll be at fifth place. I wouldn't write Inter off yet either, they have a better team than we do.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #71 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 14:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Suddenly everything isn't looking as rosy. Back to earth?
post #72 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 15:03
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
We are still on track for a fifth place finish, but it will be tough. Inter and Lazio worry me, they need to start losing.
post #73 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 15:14
Star Player

Prior to the Roma game, obviously.

I'm in no way misled by the results we've achieved so far. Get this squad to the CL, even plus a few additions, and we'll be thrashed in the group stage. The picture doesn't get a lot nicer if it's the EL. I've said that a long way back. However, Serie A's notoriety has to be a break for us sometime. When would that ever be if we keep wasting those chances? The reason we're experiencing this slump in the first place starts with Montella. For a couple of weeks now, questionable game management, even more with picking his lineups. Next year or the one after, sign the best in the world & we'll still struggle with that mentality.

post #74 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 16:00
Star Player

We barely lost to Roma and drew against a very good Atalanta side in a game we should have won. I don't understand this drama.

Before this season no one thought we would finish above 7th or so. The squad is still mainly the same mediocre squad as last season, but we're doing better. Our big money signing was Jose Sosa lmao. Blaming Montella is hilarious.

On this forum either everything's amazing, or the sky is falling. There's no in-between.
post #75 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 17:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah, and the people whining the most are the ones that always remind us about how this team isn't worth an EL spot even. We're still just 1 point behind the 3rd spot which would be an over achievement. I expect us to fight for the top 5 spot which isn't impossible for this team.

I do agree with sheriff though about Montella. His game coaching the last couple of weeks has been weird and lackluster even. He has built a good foundation but has failed with some decisions. The Inter game, the subs and the second half in the Roma game and so on.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #76 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 17:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Do you also believe in Santa?

Seriously, Rod, it is perfectly fine to call a spade a spade. You don't have to be positive all the time / remind us that our objective is EL every time we produce a disappointing result.

I am critical where I feel it's deserved and make no apologies for generally being positive. There's plenty to be positive about this Milan side. I've consistently mentioned that EL is the realistic objective, not just after a bad result. And I repeat it to offer a counter-balance to the talk of CL qualification, which I find unrealistic. And you say I am positive all the time .
post #77 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 18:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
You can leave your concepts at the door, they simply don't apply. In fact, we all should imo. We've proven we can be better. So unless it's a fluke we're where we're at right now, I'll disagree. Concept? We should've never fell that far behind with the rosters we had from a couple of seasons ago. Leicester should've never won the EPL last year. It's always different on the pitch, one way or the other. But of course, who am I talking to! There's always a positive for you on any given weekend whatever the outcome is.....

What are you talking about? You keep on typing but say very little. Nothing difficult to understand here - I think this side is EL level, therefore being 3rd placed in the league is "punching above weight" as it is not a true indication of the team's true level.
post #78 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 18:45 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Before the start of the season if we were asked to make a prediction of where we would likely finish, I doubt any of us would call "top 3". So yeah , the team has been punching above its weight.
Rodriguez likes this.
post #79 of 95 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2016, 23:48
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Before the start of the season if we were asked to make a prediction of where we would likely finish, I doubt any of us would call "top 3". So yeah , the team has been punching above its weight.

Exactly.
We start dreaming especially after beating Juve and now looking at the table again we realized reality is a bitch

post #80 of 95 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2016, 00:05
Premier Player

Leicester, the team that shouldn't have won the PL went through the CL group stage with ease.

Nobody expects to win the PL but they did. We can dream abt it and keep faith with the team. A loss and a draw should not thwart our charges toward a CL place.

Do you think after suffering 2 consective defeats, Arsenal gonna say they will be aiming for just the EL place??

Last edited by Zacxaviqer; December 19th, 2016 at 00:11.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in