The Exes - mourn them, admire them, laugh at them - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 18:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The Exes - mourn them, admire them, laugh at them

I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Platini
"Rivera was among the first to understand that the ball is quicker than the man and that he had to make the tool do the job," Mr Platini continued. "I had the chance to talk with some of his former team-mates and they told me that Rivera was just telling them to run when he had the ball, because the ball would eventually reach them."
That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 19:11
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
Honestly, brick, when I read the title, I thought this thread would be a Juve bashing thread regarding their run of draws p

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #3 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 19:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah I was thinking how many will think that it's a thread about Juve while writing the title

Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.

post #4 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 20:09
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Good initiate, an execs thread is most welcome
On Capello, off course it is worse to join Inter + it is an easy position to take these days

R.I.P. Tazz, good times in Bim we had.

"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
post #5 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 20:33
zoo
Legend

14 and going strong
post #6 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 20:47
Premier Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.
I personally hate the scums from Turin more than Inter. He probably meant it in the way that, unfortunately Milan management are, generally, on good terms with their counterparts in Juve () whereas with Inter that is not the case, still I view Inter as the lesser of the 2 evils for many reasons
post #7 of 759 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2012, 22:25
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Youtube-style "thumbs-up if you got here thinking this was about Juve"

Good thread, though. I was really interested in seeing how van Basten would be as a manager, and have to say was pretty disillusioned by his choices so far.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #8 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 01:23
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
post #9 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 04:59
Xtratime Legend

Capello played for both Milan&Juve so I see it fair he coched both clubs:smileani:.As for him going to Inter can't really see it happening,by the way I think Leonardo will have a good chat with Guly,Coco,Helveg and Umit Davala lol.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #10 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 09:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
14 and going strong
p

Oh I didn't know that Capello played in Juve, the quote makes more sense now.

van, Van Basten is just one of a lot of evidence that great players don't automatically become great coaches. I thought his Netherlands side was pretty good sometimes, but Marco's tactics were a little bit suspect at times. Then on the other hand you have coaches like Ancelotti who turned up pretty good.

Maybe midfielders make for better coaches? We have to wait and see how it goes for Pep when he leaves Barca, Conte, Montella, Luis Enrique and so on. As far as I know Allegri was a midfielder too, but he never was on a level such as those others mentioned. Same as Mourinho I think?

post #11 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 10:12
World Class Player

Montella?

And yeah Allegri was a midfielder and although I believe he spent most of his career in the lower divisions, one season he actually managed to score 12 goals from midfield for Pescara in Serie A.
post #12 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 10:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Montella is doing good with Catania, only 2 points behind Inter right now.

But yeah I know he was an attacker, I put him there as he is the one that could prove if strikers can be good coaches too. I should've mentioned Dunga and Maradona too, but IMO both of those suck as coaches

post #13 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 11:05
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
L'Aeroplanino!

Always liked him as a player in the early 2000's.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #14 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 11:11
World Class Player

Bricke: yeah yeah yeah, admit you thought Montella was a midfielder

Btw. back to Allegri, anybody remembers this amazing match from the 92/93 season? Allegri scores after just 50 seconds, then (after a Maldini equaliser and a fantastic Lentini goal) later adds a 2nd after he wins the ball, tackles his way through, performs a 1-2 and scores from 25 meters. Milan in the end manage to come back from 2-4 and wins 5-4 through a van Basten hattrick. Right in your face, Allegri!

post #15 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 13:18
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Lol crazy ass game.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #16 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 13:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Nevah

Whoa nice find, that second goal by Allegri was awesome.

post #17 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 14:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
lol, 8 goals in the first half.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #18 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 19:19
Oni
Premier Player

Great game with many highlights, somehow just mostly impressed about the way Van Basten took down the ball on the 4th goal for Milan.
Also looked funny how Pescara all of a sudden were 3 man alone goal when the scored their 4th.
post #19 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 20:15
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post

Btw. back to Allegri, anybody remembers this amazing match from the 92/93 season? Allegri scores after just 50 seconds, then (after a Maldini equaliser and a fantastic Lentini goal) later adds a 2nd after he wins the ball, tackles his way through, performs a 1-2 and scores from 25 meters. Milan in the end manage to come back from 2-4 and wins 5-4 through a van Basten hattrick. Right in your face, Allegri!

Wow... Tyge... you are knowledgable... and old I was a 12 old kiddo back then.

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #20 of 759 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2012, 20:57
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Wow... Tyge... you are knowledgable... and old I was a 12 old kiddo back then.
Me too. I'm from 1980. I started playing in 86 and became a football geek wrt watching the game already around 1987, can remember most matches of the Danish NT from those years, and as for Milan, even if I started supporting (and watching occasionally, whenever they were broadcasted) Milan after the 1988 EC, I must confess I can't remember having seen this particular match, just something I came by as I searched for Allegri goals at youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in