Xtratime Community banner

The Exes - mourn them, admire them, laugh at them

59K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Johan 
#1 ·
I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore :D

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

Michel Platini said:
"Rivera was among the first to understand that the ball is quicker than the man and that he had to make the tool do the job," Mr Platini continued. "I had the chance to talk with some of his former team-mates and they told me that Rivera was just telling them to run when he had the ball, because the ball would eventually reach them."
That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo :D

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.

Reactions: San Siro
#2 ·
Honestly, brick, when I read the title, I thought this thread would be a Juve bashing thread regarding their run of draws :pp

#3 ·
Yeah I was thinking how many will think that it's a thread about Juve while writing the title :D

#4 ·
Good initiate, an execs thread is most welcome :)
On Capello, off course it is worse to join Inter + it is an easy position to take these days

#10 ·
:pp

Oh I didn't know that Capello played in Juve, the quote makes more sense now.

van, Van Basten is just one of a lot of evidence that great players don't automatically become great coaches. I thought his Netherlands side was pretty good sometimes, but Marco's tactics were a little bit suspect at times. Then on the other hand you have coaches like Ancelotti who turned up pretty good.

Maybe midfielders make for better coaches? We have to wait and see how it goes for Pep when he leaves Barca, Conte, Montella, Luis Enrique and so on. As far as I know Allegri was a midfielder too, but he never was on a level such as those others mentioned. Same as Mourinho I think?

#6 ·
I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore :D

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo :D

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.
I personally hate the scums from Turin more than Inter. He probably meant it in the way that, unfortunately Milan management are, generally, on good terms with their counterparts in Juve :)yuck::yuck:) whereas with Inter that is not the case, still I view Inter as the lesser of the 2 evils for many reasons

#7 ·
Youtube-style "thumbs-up if you got here thinking this was about Juve"

Good thread, though. I was really interested in seeing how van Basten would be as a manager, and have to say was pretty disillusioned by his choices so far.

#9 ·
Capello played for both Milan&Juve so I see it fair he coched both clubs:smileani:.As for him going to Inter can't really see it happening,by the way I think Leonardo will have a good chat with Guly,Coco,Helveg and Umit Davala lol.

#12 ·
Montella is doing good with Catania, only 2 points behind Inter right now.

But yeah I know he was an attacker, I put him there as he is the one that could prove if strikers can be good coaches too. I should've mentioned Dunga and Maradona too, but IMO both of those suck as coaches :D

#14 ·
Bricke: yeah yeah yeah, admit you thought Montella was a midfielder ;)

Btw. back to Allegri, anybody remembers this amazing match from the 92/93 season? Allegri scores after just 50 seconds, then (after a Maldini equaliser and a fantastic Lentini goal) later adds a 2nd after he wins the ball, tackles his way through, performs a 1-2 and scores from 25 meters. Milan in the end manage to come back from 2-4 and wins 5-4 through a van Basten hattrick. Right in your face, Allegri! :eek:

UPozCBY6U9A

#16 ·
Bricke: yeah yeah yeah, admit you thought Montella was a midfielder ;)
Nevah :stuckup:

Whoa nice find, that second goal by Allegri was awesome. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Lol crazy ass game.

#17 ·
lol, 8 goals in the first half.

#21 ·
You both are the same age of my nephew :eek:

and 2 years younger than me.

#23 ·
A 286 XT chip :eek:ld:

#26 ·
I started with Amiga 500, 512 kb Ram... but also remember the Commodore 64 of friends.

#29 ·
Atari :proud: shits all over Wii, Xbox, and PlayStation!

#27 ·
Somehow I pictured you to be at the end of your 30s... did not expect you to be younger than Bono :pp

#28 ·
Could have been had my parents planned it, but I came to this life despite their will, 6 years late :pp

#31 ·
I'm watching Alianza Lima - Nacional Montevideo on Copa Libertadores right now. Tabaré Viudez is by far Nacional's best player so far, looks very mobile and indeed talented.

Is he still tied to us? How many times did he play? Did we even make a profit?

#39 ·
I remember my ABACUS. ;)

#40 · (Edited)
Zlatan scored a nice goal after only 2 minutes against LA Galaxy I think.

Edit: I meant DC United.