The Exes - mourn them, admire them, laugh at them - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 10:35
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
I fully expect Seedorf to get a position in the management when he retires. And I'm still waiting for Maldini to get it too
going to be a long wait, i'm afraid.

maldini's patience and loyalty to milan is almost worrying :undecide: :frownani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 11:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Its interesting why Paolo doesn't get a job at Milan. He cant seriously be hoping to immediately or soon substitute Galliani of course, as he has zero experience, etc. So i wonder if Milan doesn't offer or Paolo has unrealistic expectations.

post #63 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 11:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Paolo was not offered any position, simple. It is a well-known fact. It has nothing to do with his expectations. Baresi was appointed as VP after retiring, wasn't he?!

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني

post #64 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 11:52
World Class Player

Judged by interviews with Paolo, he would be happy to be offered even a job as toilet cleaner at Milanello.
post #65 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 13:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

haha ... let me say we have some serious doubts he would accept that or just any job at Milan ... now if the relationships Silvio/Galliani with Paolo are not that good, WE have no idea why and who is the guilty part, no? May be Paolo said and did things to burn his bridges ... or it could be that Galliani/Silvio/etc dont trust him or are afraid of him or whatever ...

All I am asking is why you, all of you, without knowing the details, take sides?

Last edited by bono; September 7th, 2012 at 13:46.
post #66 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 14:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oh, come one, Bono! We are stating what we all read on newspapers, which indicates no expectations or anything, but refers to tention between management and Paolo, to the degree that Barbara (I think) declared that she's surprised he's not offered a job or seat on the board.

That's not taking sides, taking sides would be to invent a theory about unrealistic expectations to support management decision not offering him a thing!

Lawyers......................pffffffffffffffffff!

Though, it's good to know you're not unemployed anymore

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #67 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 15:12
World Class Player

Knowing the power of the ultras in Italy, knowing that parts of Curva Sud haven't had the best relationship with Maldini, could it be that Galliani has made a promise to these guys not to offer Maldini a position at Milan? Pure speculation of course, but not unthinkable imo.
post #68 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 15:55
World Class Player

Can't help thinking about Paolo sitting at home looking at the telephone.....

2016: telephone finally rings at the home of the Maldinis:

Paolo: Pronto!
Galliani: Ciao Paolo sono Fester!
Maldini: Adriaaano, you don't know how long time I've been waiting for this call!
Galliani: Yeah well whatever, if you're still interested in a job, we've got a position available as a Telemarketer?
Maldini: Mmm, you do realise I've been contacted by Inter and PSG regarding a job as a Director?
Galliani: Does that mean you're turning us down cause you know, Bonera is retiring this summer and I'm sure he'll be happy to...
Maldini: No no, I'm honoured that you're offering me a position. So, does this mean I get one of those headsets cause I've heard they can cause cancer and..
Galliani: Don't get ahead of yourself, kid. We're cutting expenses so you bring your own headset, capito?
Maldini: Sure, just that...
Galliani: Listen, you want this job or not? Can't waste more time on this, got an interview with Borriello about a position as a Director, so if you don't mind...
Maldini: Let me get this straight, you're offering Borriello a job as a Director while I, a freaking legend...
Galliani: You know what, this isn't going to work, forget I even...
Maldini: No no you're right, I apologise. I would like to thank you for this opportunity and...
Galliani: Bla bla bla, the job is yours, you begin tomorrow morning at 8, and don't be late!
Maldini: I hear you, and I won't. Ciao!
Galliani: Meh
post #69 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 16:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Oh, come one, Bono! We are stating what we all read on newspapers, which indicates no expectations or anything, but refers to tention between management and Paolo, to the degree that Barbara (I think) declared that she's surprised he's not offered a job or seat on the board.

That's not taking sides, taking sides would be to invent a theory about unrealistic expectations to support management decision not offering him a thing!

Lawyers......................pffffffffffffffffff!

Though, it's good to know you're not unemployed anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Knowing the power of the ultras in Italy, knowing that parts of Curva Sud haven't had the best relationship with Maldini, could it be that Galliani has made a promise to these guys not to offer Maldini a position at Milan? Pure speculation of course, but not unthinkable imo.
Quote:
Can't help thinking about Paolo sitting at home looking at the telephone.....
all fokin' speculation and shait you know ... "we read it in the papers", "the Curva is so strong", "Galliani is quite scared" ...

it could all be true ... but we fokin DONT KNOW why ...

post #70 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 17:05
World Class Player

Nobody has said it's not just speculation, bono
post #71 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 17:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

good ... then why are you taking sides? cause its so easy and its FAN-ish ... of course you side with the legend and not with the ones who have built, paid for and provider for the greatness of this club for the past 25 years ... its so easy to hate and attack Silvio and Galliani, isn't it. So easy to love San Paolo (not saying that i dont) ON (which I get) and OFF (Why???) the field.

post #72 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 18:02
World Class Player

Not taking sides, just speculating on why the biggest Milan legend of the last decades hasn't been offered a position at the club even if he's been literally begging for it publically. Just a very atypical situation. Perhaps Silvio and Galliani just find him incompetent, perhaps Maldini did indeed do something unacceptable to burn his bridges as you suggested, we don't know, but the speculations will continue until he's offered a position cause 99 percent of Milan fans prefer to see the club legends stay at the club after retiring as players. Not a good feeling to be on bad terms with the men who've made the history of the club, like in the case of Rivera.
post #73 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 19:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
good ... then why are you taking sides? cause its so easy and its FAN-ish ... of course you side with the legend and not with the ones who have built, paid for and provider for the greatness of this club for the past 25 years ... its so easy to hate and attack Silvio and Galliani, isn't it. So easy to love San Paolo (not saying that i dont) ON (which I get) and OFF (Why???) the field.
Seriously Bono, have you read what I wrote in the previous post?

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #74 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 22:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

yes and i dont buy it; you are changing your statements the way the wind blows

post #75 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 22:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Not taking sides, just speculating on why the biggest Milan legend of the last decades hasn't been offered a position at the club even if he's been literally begging for it publically. Just a very atypical situation. Perhaps Silvio and Galliani just find him incompetent, perhaps Maldini did indeed do something unacceptable to burn his bridges as you suggested, we don't know, but the speculations will continue until he's offered a position cause 99 percent of Milan fans prefer to see the club legends stay at the club after retiring as players. Not a good feeling to be on bad terms with the men who've made the history of the club, like in the case of Rivera.
i buy that one. all fine then

post #76 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 22:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
yes and i dont buy it; you are changing your statements the way the wind blows
alm: Lawyers!

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #77 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 22:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

ahahaha

post #78 of 759 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2012, 12:39
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
52. Thiago Silva (PSG & Brazil) UP ONE
Mercenary centre-back but a damn good one.

WTF? http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08...012-edition/5/
post #79 of 759 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2012, 17:54
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzig View Post
52. Thiago Silva (PSG & Brazil) UP ONE
Mercenary centre-back but a damn good one.

WTF? http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08...012-edition/5/
LOL at he massive idiots making that list. Please note that Cristian Ericson is ahead of him. I don't think even the most patriotic Danes would claim he is better than Silva. Vidic who hardly played a game last year is also ahead.

Oh wait, and Jordi alba is far ahead of him?
And Hamsik?!
Mario Götze who has done nothing and was mostly injured last season?
Marcelo is also apparently a better defender than him.
and TOMAS MULLER! A player that can only run.

oh well. A horrible list overall.
post #80 of 759 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2012, 19:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

see, zoo, i told you Milan fans have a much much higher opinion of Silva than all other, non-Milan and certainly non-Serie A fans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in