The Exes - mourn them, admire them, laugh at them - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 16:26
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Gattuso said he had left Milan because he felt like he was no longer needed by Massimiliano Allegri but now he reveals that there were other things that made him decide to leave: the dressing room situation.

Rino is now a player of Sion and he’s criticized Milan a few times already, saying it’d be hard to them to win any trophies. Gattuso still has a lot on his mind, and says he didn’t like the Milan environment last year.

“I left Milan because I didn’t enjoy being in the changing room any longer. The squad used to be easy to manage,” Gattuso told France Football in an interview which was posted today. “Due to my eye problems I couldn’t always be present at Milanello but my illness made me see things from a different perspective.

“During my last 2-3 months at Milan I saw things that I’ve never seen before in my 13 years at the club. When we had training at 9:30 many of the players came just 10 minutes before that and nobody said anything. I arrived 45 minutes before training at Milan, just to do some exercises, get a massage or just get a cup of coffee. It was a culture and a habit that came from years of experience,” continued the midfielder.

“When we had lunch at 13:00 at Milanello, then there were certain players who came 15 minutes late. To sum it up: there was a complete lack of respect for the rules at Milan during my last year at the club. It was a situation that really annoyed the older players in the Milan squad. If you spend time on criticizing players who arrive late then it takes away your energy; energy that you would use on the pitch. Nobody said anything to the players who disrespected the rules at Milan. I didn’t feel like I was Gattuso anymore.

“I didn’t feel like I was capable of handling the situation at Milan. That’s when I realized that it was time to leave Milan, even though the club had a 1-year contract ready for me. Yoann Gourcuff? He was just a kid. He went out at night a lot and always arrived late for training. Milan intervened when it was too late.”

Shocking statements from Gattuso that may also say a lot about Massimiliano Allegri. Rino claims some players did not respect the dressing room rules but no one even bothered to say something to them.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/07...dressing-room/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 16:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I'm really surprised to hear about these comments, but it's weird that Gattuso didn't say anything earlier. Now he sounds a little bitter which doesn't mean that he isn't telling the truth.

If it's true then the club is in a worse state than I thought. A couple of players coming late to things isn't a big deal, but it becomes a huge deal if it annoys other players and nothing is done about that. Many of the players in the squad today aren't exactly Milan quality, well at least they wouldn't be called that 5 years ago, so I was hoping that they at least fight hard and bleed for the jersey. It seems that's not the case, but I remember some players (Pato, Abate, Antonini come to mind) showing up days earlier than needed to get some extra practice.

I wonder who Rino is talking about, I remember that it was said that Pato, Boateng and Merkel were out late and partying a little to much sometimes.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #43 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 17:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Seedorf showing how it's done. Dat Brazilian defense.

Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.

post #44 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 18:04
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
I will take Gattuso's word for it concerning the dressing room. And it concerns me more than loosing Zlatan as the dressing room was one of our main strengths in the past.

Seedorf

R.I.P. Tazz, good times in Bim we had.

"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 2008)
post #45 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 19:43
va' fancul
Premier Player

Teams: Hells Army
We're just going to have to hope that Ambrosini comes up big as a leader or we're screwed.

Team-mate Gennaro Gattuso once said: "When I see what Andrea can do with the ball I have to ask myself whether I am a footballer."
post #46 of 759 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2012, 22:28
Star Player

if no one said anything then why didn't he be the one?

Last edited by danzig; August 1st, 2012 at 07:16.
post #47 of 759 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2012, 06:49
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Who can that player be? Zlatan.....

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #48 of 759 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2012, 19:10
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
From GdS:

Parigi, tutto sommato, non poi un posto cos tranquillo. Da ieri lo sanno anche Zlatan Ibrahimovic e la sua famiglia. Verso le 16, infatti, secondo il verbale della polizia, la compagna dello svedese, la modella Helena Seger, era appena uscita dalla boutique di Ralph Lauren quando stata avvicinata da due individui in scooter che le hanno rubato la borsa. La quale conteneva, oltre a qualche oggetto personale, cinquemila euro in contanti

In short, Ibra's girl has been robbed by two guys on a scooter after she just left the Ralph Lauren shop at Paris. Some personal stuff and 5000 Euro in cash.

First, I thought it were probably some ghetto Maghreb kids robbing her, but now, when I thought about it, I am pretty sure it was Galliani and Braida, trying to get some extra cash for the signing of Yanga-Mbiwa... honestly, if we really sign the kid, he needs a new name, thats impossible to pronounce. Just imagine San SIro when the players are introduced prior to the match... this is worse than Guglielminpietro.

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #49 of 759 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2012, 20:50
Star Player

Teams: Roma, Italia
Just make up a fake name for him like the Brasilian players..
post #50 of 759 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2012, 20:59
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
YAMBA!

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #51 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 14:01
Premier Player

Seedorf with 2 assists and a goal, you can even see him sprint past a defender
post #52 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 14:40
Legend

Awesome player in his day and he still has the vision for the game, but if anything this should make one suspicious Brazilian youtube-sensations.

post #53 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 15:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by M41A View Post

Seedorf with 2 assists and a goal, you can even see him sprint past a defender
WTF! He's the captain?!!!!

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #54 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 15:50
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
WTF! He's the captain?!!!!
No, not really. Botafogo's captain is goalkeeper Jefferson (currently with the National Team), the vice-captain is defensive midfielder Renato and the 3rd choice is centreback Antonio Carlos (both currently injured). But Seedorf has been rising as a leader in the squad, giving support to all the young players, and yesterday we fielded several of them due to the various injuries, so it made sense to give the armband to Clarence.

After the game, Seedorf complimented each of his teammates personally - especially young DM Jadson, who is becoming his pupil (#5 on the pic below), and who scored his first professional goal yesterday with a pass from Seedorf.

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #55 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 16:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Seedorf is sooo good when he wants too. This change of scenery is doing him good.

post #56 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 16:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
No, not really. Botafogo's captain is goalkeeper Jefferson (currently with the National Team), the vice-captain is defensive midfielder Renato and the 3rd choice is centreback Antonio Carlos (both currently injured). But Seedorf has been rising as a leader in the squad, giving support to all the young players, and yesterday we fielded several of them due to the various injuries, so it made sense to give the armband to Clarence.

After the game, Seedorf complimented each of his teammates personally - especially young DM Jadson, who is becoming his pupil (#5 on the pic below), and who scored his first professional goal yesterday with a pass from Seedorf.

Thanks for the explanation. It seemed odd that a new player becomes the captain. Not that Seedorf lacks the quality to be one

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #57 of 759 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2012, 17:00
Star Player

seedorf is such a boss, i really hope he comes back to milan to work for us after he retires.
post #58 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 00:46
Star Player

We should've extended his contract.

JK
post #59 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 07:14
Legend

He should have taken over the Primavera. Him an Pippo in the youth ranks would have been something

post #60 of 759 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2012, 10:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I fully expect Seedorf to get a position in the management when he retires. And I'm still waiting for Maldini to get it too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in