43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 10:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Milan's financial situation

A very interesting article

I don't think anyone can deny that the club has been managed very poorly in this aspect. The wage bill is ridicilous (although the taxes in Italy don't help but isn't the situation the same in England?). Bayern is the perfect example of how a club needs to operate. Despite being smaller than Milan in almost everything, their revenue has surpassed us and it continues to rise.

How will the new "UEFA Financial Fair Play" rule affect us? Berlusconi wont be able to cover the losses in a few years. What will the future bring? Something definitly needs to change. Cutting the wage bill is a must. I'm sure we can atract much better players for less money than what we're paying now for some of these "stars". A new stadium... or even better a Milan owned San Siro would help a lot but I don't see it happening any time soon.

What do you think?

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 11:38
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Not much to add to a very good article. We are obviously dependent on Berlusconi to finance losses. I dont believe for a second that the UEFA rules cant be circumvented, so we are only at the mercy of the president, but that is hardly news.

Great read though

R.I.P. Tazz, good times in Bim we had.

"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
post #3 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:00
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
The stadium issue is a very important one and some that is mirrored all over Italy. Says a lot too when a Danish team that owns their own stadium can just elevate themselves far over the other scandinavian teams and how the English teams that have their own owned stadiums make so much more.

The wage issue we have talked about long here. Is especially bad if compared to the high-mid table teams in serie A.

A good example would be Lavezzi-Robinho. When it comes to what they could contribute to this team I wouldn't see much of a difference, but Robinho earns several times as much in wages.

post #4 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society. They will always be dependent on their owner. Nothing wrong with that. FC Byern is a firm, it's a different story.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #5 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society. They will always be dependent on their owner. Nothing wrong with that. FC Byern is a firm, it's a different story.

post #6 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
We have Bayern, the self-dependant club that generates its own money and is able to buy players and on the other hand we have Milan, that is dependant on it's owner to clear the losses and has spent 0 net on transfers in the last 5 years. I know which way I prefer

And we'll have to become a firm too if UEFA's new law is as serious as people claim.

Himna BIH

post #7 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

We are a firm, but a subsidiary of Berlusconi, Inc. He says when to spend, and when not. This is not our only cycle with Berlu. Remember the late 90s early 00s?

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #8 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:39
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Quote:
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society.
That is true for some owners, but I dont agree that rich people in general take things away from society. Probably a different discussion anyway, so carry on.

R.I.P. Tazz, good times in Bim we had.

"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
post #9 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
That is true for some owners, but I dont agree that rich people in general take things away from society. Probably a different discussion anyway, so carry on.
Well, let me modify then with "Berlusconi-type of rich people"

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #10 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 13:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
of course they do moda fakers all of them ... take two peole that work every day. one makes lets say 10 million a year than other one makes 10 000 a year (if he is lucky). There is no fuking way the first is 1 million times better than the latter. its just the fuking system and life, which of course is all unfair and all ... but unfar it is, you cant call it suddenly fair.

post #11 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
We are a firm, but a subsidiary of Berlusconi, Inc. He says when to spend, and when not. This is not our only cycle with Berlu. Remember the late 90s early 00s?
Obviously but what's your point? Berlu said himself he wants us to be self-dependant so what's your problem with becoming like Bayern (i.e. increasing revenue year in year out)

Himna BIH

post #12 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
The stadium issue is a very important one and some that is mirrored all over Italy. Says a lot too when a Danish team that owns their own stadium can just elevate themselves far over the other scandinavian teams and how the English teams that have their own owned stadiums make so much more.

The wage issue we have talked about long here. Is especially bad if compared to the high-mid table teams in serie A.

A good example would be Lavezzi-Robinho. When it comes to what they could contribute to this team I wouldn't see much of a difference, but Robinho earns several times as much in wages.

Missed this post.

I still don't understand how Italy seems to be stuck in the dark ages while clubs in other leagues have realised what a boost to a club's economy a new stadium can mean. I mean looking at the stadiums around the league, one has to wonder if all these clubs are run by imbeciles. Surely a stadium is expensive but there are differend ways to finance it and in most cases the money will be made back pretty quickly.

Regarding Robinho-Lavezzi... pretty good comparison. It puzzles me how our wages are a lot higher than let's say those of the club that pumped us 7-2 last year in the CL

Himna BIH

post #13 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
Obviously but what's your point? Berlu said himself he wants us to be self-dependant so what's your problem with becoming like Bayern (i.e. increasing revenue year in year out)
That's not gonna happen unless Berlu sells the club. He said that as a way to tell Galliani and fans that the club will be short of cash for few seasons

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #14 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

You can have a sugar daddy but at the same time reduce unnecessary costs and increase revenue where possible

Himna BIH

post #15 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
You can have a sugar daddy but at the same time reduce unnecessary costs and increase revenue where possible
Why? Don't you play FM?

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #16 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I do but my net transfer fees spent is usualy very negative

Himna BIH

post #17 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

You are a cheat

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #18 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Nah I just pretend I'm Berlusconi and invest 1% of his fortune through the editor in the club

Himna BIH

post #19 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 15:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, a cheat

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #20 of 1575 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2010, 17:04
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Missed this post.

I still don't understand how Italy seems to be stuck in the dark ages while clubs in other leagues have realised what a boost to a club's economy a new stadium can mean. I mean looking at the stadiums around the league, one has to wonder if all these clubs are run by imbeciles. Surely a stadium is expensive but there are differend ways to finance it and in most cases the money will be made back pretty quickly.
You also seemed to miss why this is.

The clubs know very well the economics behind the stadiums, but they don't fail doing something about it due to ignorance (obviously). While yes, finances goes for many clubs not able to do it, but the larger issue is that the city concils are NOT helping, instead they are pleased to earn money on the teams. unlike Real Madrid that is sponsored by the city. Basically they will not sell a stadium that they profit from and they will not release land for another stadium. But also, the failing audience figures probably play into it. That the clubs earns most from TV money...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in