Xtratime Community banner

Outside of San Siro a.k.a. the Others with wrong colors

460K views 14K replies 179 participants last post by  jani 
#1 ·
There are a couple of sub-forums here that have threads about other teams and their games. I think we should too have a place where we discuss other games, such as Man Utd's 5-2 or Valencia-Barca 2-2 and so on.

I saw the two mentioned teams and it's remarkable how much stronger winner mentality Man Utd has compared to us. We have more winners but they still have the mentality. I mean being down 0-2 and then winning 5-2 is amazing, sure the penalty that led to 1-2 was cheap but the other four goals were legitimate and deserved.

It's also amazing watching a professional team with big ambitions just collapse like Spurs did yesterday. Although we've had a couple of those games too :moan:

Valencia IMO showed how vulnerable Barca really is when you put some pressure on them. Of course the difficulty is to actually take the ball away from them and apply the said pressure. Barca IMO is the team to beat this season in Europe and hopefully they'll not lose the title to Real Madrid :hopeful:

#4 ·
Spurs are ManU's biatches... There was a season they were leading 3-0 at halftime only to lose 5-3 to ManU in the end... Personally I wanted Spurs to win yesterday cause I've punted $50 at odds 5-1 on them winning and at HT I thought I could collect my winnings today :cry:

#6 ·
If you know all this info, why do you continue to bet on them? It is like a milanista that continue to bet on inert wining the CL, just for the odds :lala:

#5 ·
Peno was never a peno and christina shoul#ve got a red for tripping lennon, then taking shirt off after scoring peno. corrupt refs in italy, just bad elsewhere. yeah right. manure always get a hand at ot.

#10 ·
I wasn't too impressed by Man Utd's win. They score 1 decent goal (Ronaldo's header). The rest were either dodgy referee decisions or poor defending/goalkeeping. Only at Old Trafford can the ball trickle over the goal line slower than Emerson...twice.

#11 ·
#14 ·
So it's flair against power tonight. I think that the toughest team for Barca to meet is indeed Chelsea. They are fast, strong and very good in the air. The two later characteristic is something that I think, without having watched that many Barca games, that Barca has a problem with.

Then there are the coaches as well. Hiddink as we all know is a genius, one of the best coaches around tactically while Guardiola is an unproven but has done it very well so far. But isn't this the first time he goes against a world class coach with a good team?

#15 ·
Out of the four I'm hoping for Chelsea. Not because I like them but because everyone dislikes them. And I'm watching the game with barcafans. :)
Tbh I can't find any other reason to give a **** about UCL without Milan in it and I figure it's as good a reason as any even if I know I'll yawn no matter who scores.

#16 ·
Well that wasn't quite the spectacle I was expecting really. Chelsea was defensively minded and hardly had any real attacks. I think it was 17-3 in shots and 10-1 in corners in Barca's favor. Don't know the ball possession stats but I can imagine it was at least 60+ for Barca.

#17 ·
Seedorf Chel$ka :mad:

#22 ·
Anybody watching the Chelsea-Barca game and thinking that it's like watching Milan play some minnow at San Siro? Chelsea has 15 players in the box and playing counter-attacking football while Barca is playing a slow, tedious and predictable passing game. If they only would try some long balls at Messi and Eto'o or just try shooting a little bit.

#25 ·
Football mafia FCB... incredible, two valid pk calls called off (and a couple of Drogba/Anelka dives). Poor Chelsea, I hope they make the final, considering how poor Barca plays and how the ref is the only one that keeps them in the match.

And damn, I hate English teams ;)

Cant imagine that the wonderful etenral city will be flooded by Britsh grunts at the end of May. :(

#27 ·
Scandalous unjustice... a ref deciding who is going to the final. Abramovich surely did not invest his money as wisely as Barca.

#29 ·
For me it were 2, but those were crystal clear and the ref had perfect view on the situation.

#30 ·
Thank god no Chelsea. ManU v Barca should be good.

What's the "Oh Maaaaan" for, please tell you did not think that last play was a handball. The dude had his back turned and his arm was barely away from his body. The ref would have been in his rights to deck Ballack with an elbow, he so in his face.

#32 ·
Wow Barca was awful. It's these kind of games that make people think that footballers are morons. It was really frustrating seeing Barca try the same thing over and over again in 180+ minutes of football against Chelsea despite seeing it fail over and over again.

The ref was even worse. He missed 2 PK's IMO, the one where Yaya Toure brought down Drogba and the handball by Pique, but that red card was even more ridiculous as Anelka tripped on himself.

Guardiola's inexperience showed as Barca was outcoached and outmaneuvered. No subs at HT? Waiting till 84th minute before he made a sub? Awful. And it was weird seeing so many players hiding out there from Messi to Eto'o.

At least we got two beautiful goals! Both was just world class.

#38 ·
I agree that the ref was awfull but on that Yaya Toure incident he was spot on IMO. Toure got to the ball first.

All in all I tought it served Chelski right to be dumped out like this. They were realy playing dirty at times specially in the first leg. But at the same time ceredit to them for their team sprit and how they played for each other.

#33 ·
And for the second time Barcelona goes through to the final because of poor refereeing.

[tub]O4_KUczbX8M[/tub]

#35 ·
True, corrupt scum, time for another 4-0 beating.

Hope Man Utd rapes them. Cant believe I am supporting Man Utd, but against corrupt Barca... it has to be.

#34 ·
Toure on Drogba was iffy at best. Maybe a foul before the tackle but the tackle was clean. He got the ball.

#36 ·
To be fair they should have had a penalty at Nou Camp for an obstruction on Henry. And that red card didn't help them at all.

#37 ·
1st pen was the one when the retard awarded a free kick despite the foul by Alonso being in the pen area and of course the hand ball of Pique was so crystal clear, absolutely unbelievable.