Outside of San Siro a.k.a. the Others with wrong colors - Page 581 - Xtratime Community
 195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11601 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:41
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I would personally prefer Morata, then Aubameyang, then Belotti. Any of them would be very good signings, though of course no guarantees with anyone (except probably Zlatan ) . Leaving the money aside, the only problem with Aubameyang is that he is quite a different player, less of a traditional striker and more of a guy who runs into spaces, but he certainly can contribute to the build-up and all that too. I'd get him and keep Bacca if I had my way. I doubt he is a very likely option anyway.

I'd agree with Rod that probably Belotti looks more likely than the others right now -- but clearly still a difficult target himself too.

Other rumors have included Diego Costa (brilliant player but I hate his guts, is on the old side, and looks very unlikely), this Dembele guy (who we seem to know nothing about), Lazio's Keita (I doubt he would be our main striker option, or is he? Looks set for Juve anyway). Anyone else? What are other realistic possibilities?

We haven't been rumored with some of the hottest names this market, which seem EPL or Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/PSG-bound if they leave their current clubs: Lukaku, Mbappe, Griezmann, Alexis, etc. If it was me in charge with money to burn, I would be trying to lure Icardi from Inter. That would be hilarious.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; June 5th, 2017 at 22:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11602 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:48
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.

Someone or somebody has to start and glad that the curva sud has a say in this.
It's Milan interest that something has to be put to an end, be it with or without the mentioned involved.
It's important that we don't get blackmail and put across that Milan is in control of the situation even if means sacrifice.
Hope for a good end to this fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #11603 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:50
van
Community Manager
Legend

You know that is not what "blackmail" means, right?

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #11604 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:52
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
Dicks out for Gigio, reminds me of dicks out for Harambe.

That's haram

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #11605 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:58
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
I want to start a #jamestomilan hashtag like how Belotti got
post #11606 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 23:12
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
I would personally prefer Morata, then Aubameyang, then Belotti. Any of them would be very good signings, though of course no guarantees with anyone (except probably Zlatan ) . Leaving the money aside, the only problem with Aubameyang is that he is quite a different player, less of a traditional striker and more of a guy who runs into spaces, but he certainly can contribute to the build-up and all that too. I'd get him and keep Bacca if I had my way. I doubt he is a very likely option anyway.

I'd agree with Rod that probably Belotti looks more likely than the others right now -- but clearly still a difficult target himself too.

Other rumors have included Diego Costa (brilliant player but I hate his guts, is on the old side, and looks very unlikely), this Dembele guy (who we seem to know nothing about), Lazio's Keita (I doubt he would be our main striker option, or is he? Looks set for Juve anyway). Anyone else? What are other realistic possibilities?

We haven't been rumored with some of the hottest names this market, which seem EPL or Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/PSG-bound if they leave their current clubs: Lukaku, Mbappe, Griezmann, Alexis, etc. If it was me in charge with money to burn, I would be trying to lure Icardi from Inter. That would be hilarious.
Hey why aren't we on the market for Ibra anyway?
post #11607 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 23:19
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
His agent is too fat for our fans.

Nathaniel Rich
post #11608 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 23:19
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Because of his agent
post #11609 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 00:29
World Class Player

Different case, though. He's already the agent of 4 of our players, and let't not over-dramatize the Donna thing. If we offer the best salary, he might be tempted, based on his comments about Milan.
post #11610 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 00:47
van
Community Manager
Legend

I was fogetting Kalinic; surely one of the less exciting names being linked, but certainly a possibility.

Nathaniel Rich
post #11611 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 01:09
zoo
Legend

Signing Belloti for 100m and probably a salary around 3m will mean in 5y we are spending 130m for him.
Morata and Aubemayang for 70m and a salary of around 7.5m for 5 years they will cost us around 145m

Just thought of this
post #11612 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 01:20
World Class Player

We shouldn't pay a cent more than 60 for Belotti imo, and that may even be too much. He could struggle with the pressure of too high a price. He's not the kind of player who could carry us on his shoulders, not without support from WC players. You don't pay Torino 100 for any player ffs. That's the kind of price you pay for a player who has proven his worth at the highest level or at least close to it.
post #11613 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 03:32
Star Player

belotti reminds me of bertomerda.

In giro per il mondo
C solo una bandiera
Ha solo due colori
quella rossonera
quando vedo il milan
Non ci st dentro pi
Io canto per il diavolo
Dai fallo pure tu
post #11614 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 06:51
World Class Player

Quote:

Seriously?!

post #11615 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 07:12
Forum Manager
Legend

At 35, diminishing returns on Ibra's ability is imminent. Much less attractive choice than say a Belotti or Morata; someone with their best years ahead of them but already good enough to offer a lot of quality.
post #11616 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 07:41
Premier Player

Quote:
We shouldn't pay a cent more than 60 for Belotti imo, and that may even be too much. He could struggle with the pressure of too high a price. He's not the kind of player who could carry us on his shoulders, not without support from WC players. You don't pay Torino 100 for any player ffs. That's the kind of price you pay for a player who has proven his worth at the highest level or at least close to it.
Same can be said for Donnarumma, no? Aside the age, what's the difference between them? None. Both had there break-away seasons in Serie A this season. Both are touted as the next best young talents in Italy. Both are in the NT. Belotti said to be the next Italy striker, scoring 3 goals in 7 appearances, while Donna the next goalkeeper. They all broke records, Donna for being the youngest NT keeper while Belotti broke the fastest hattrick in Serie A (previously Sheva ☺) and the youngest to score more than 24 league goals in a single season. However, none has proven themselves elsewhere, either in another team or another league.

So if we can "hype" Donnarumma and say he's worth more than a 100m, certainly Torino have every right to value him as much.
post #11617 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 08:49
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
At 35, diminishing returns on Ibra's ability is imminent. Much less attractive choice than say a Belotti or Morata; someone with their best years ahead of them but already good enough to offer a lot of quality.
Yeah, I'm more than willing to run the risk connected to signing Zlatan on a free transfer. Not much to lose. He would likely be more decisive in the short run than the players we supposedly are willing to pay 60+ for. Would be such a sweet addition to the squad for the second half of the season and potentially for a few more years.
post #11618 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 09:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Zlatan? He's about to turn 36 and is injured for half a year. God knows how he'll be when he returns, if he returns at all.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #11619 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 10:11
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Is Lucas Biglia (31 yo) worth more than 15M Euros? is he really that good for a DM. We still have Montolivo with around 3M salary, and also Locatelli.
post #11620 of 13231 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 10:31
Premier Player

He's a very good midfielder. Grit, good passing techniques. Certainly would bring balance and experience to our midfield. However, at 31yrs he's expensive for the rumoured price. But hey, we seem to have the money. 😀

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in