Outside of San Siro a.k.a. the Others with wrong colors - Page 580 - Xtratime Community
 194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11581 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 17:27
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Yeah if our ambition is to exit those competitions as soon as we enter them.

He's good for the last 5-10 minutes of a match where we're 2 goals up.

Need to get rid of all the amateurs asap. Two much better players for a position as important as the striker should be considered a must.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11582 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 17:41
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
I'll never understand the Lapadula hate. I'm not saying he should be our main striker (he's not good enough) but he's not a bad back up to have in the squad. He's not on the national team by accident. Next season we are not in CL so there's no need to have a full roster of WC strikers.

Atalanta finished fourth with Petagna ffs.
post #11583 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 17:53
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
I'll never understand the Lapadula hate.
Hate?

That's about as inaccurate as saying "I'll never understand the Lapadula worship" in reference to your post.

You're also putting words in my mouth when saying things like "a full roster of WC strikers". All I said is we need two strikers which are a lot better than him.

post #11584 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:06
van
Community Manager
Legend

Bacca is an ideal back up striker. Natural goalscorer, would put pressure and compete with anyone playing in front of him, but right now he does not seem not good enough for a starting position all season. Could be for us what Morata was for Juve and is for Madrid. We might not be in CL but we are in Europe.

Unfortunately I doubt he'd accept that, and we'd probably prefer to cash in. Although I figure we could get almost as much money for Lappadula as for him, and as much as I like Lappa, Bacca is twice the player he is.
post #11585 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Hate?

That's about as inaccurate as saying "I'll never understand the Lapadula worship" in reference to your post.

You're also putting words in my mouth when saying things like "a full roster of WC strikers". All I said is we need two strikers which are a lot better than him.
Allegri sucks

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #11586 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:36
zoo
Legend

Let's not forget that the management needs to offload a bunch of players: zapata, palleta, vangioni, desc, abate, kucka, berto, monto, poli, sosa, niang, bacca and maybe Lapa... Good luck to them
post #11587 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:38
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Allegri sucks
post #11588 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Young Belotti
van likes this.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #11589 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 19:24
van
Community Manager
Legend

Seems like the Curva Sud issues a statement against Raiola. This is one of the weirdest contract negotiations I remember at Milan.

The agent's persona has garnered so much attention that the whole thing is distorted. Sign of the times I guess.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #11590 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 19:28
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Let's not forget that the management needs to offload a bunch of players: zapata, palleta, vangioni, desc, abate, kucka, berto, monto, poli, sosa, niang, bacca and maybe Lapa... Good luck to them
Palleta can stay another year and we need a back up defender(assuming he has another year left). I wouldn't mind Abate as a back up to Conti either. I'm gonna regret saying this, but Mortolivo(zoo has a poster in his room) will be hard to go anywhere else with his 3.5M euro wages so might as well keep him as a backup for another year. Bacca will probably be easier to sell, but I don't think he will leave until Milan get another striker better than him. Lapa as back up is ok.
zoo likes this.
post #11591 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 19:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Seems like the Curva Sud issues a statement against Raiola. This is one of the weirdest contract negotiations I remember at Milan.

The agent's persona has garnered so much attention that the whole thing is distorted. Sign of the times I guess.

If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.
post #11592 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 19:48
Star Player

Ricardo Rodriguez medical on Wednesday per Di Marzio.
post #11593 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 20:18
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Ricardo Rodriguez medical on Wednesday per Di Marzio.
God news!

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #11594 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 20:32
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
post #11595 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 20:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Was just about to post that. Very well written.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #11596 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:05
van
Community Manager
Legend

Anyone has actually seen Moussa Dembele in action? I just watched a video of his 32 goals this season (including several penalties), and he looks a bit more like a Demba Ba or even Nwanko Kanu than a Drogba type. Tall and skinny more than a physical beast, though he sure can shoot the ball and seems to have an eye for the tap-ins. He seems to fit the mould of the ball-playing striker that allegedly Montella prefers.

Nathaniel Rich
post #11597 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Just seen the one game of his (vs Rangers). Yes he is neat on the ball, more natural in possession than say Bacca. Maybe not a physical beast as such but he is strong, no question.

On balance I think Belotti is probably the best choice for a new striker. His desire to play for Milan will outweigh Morata, Aubameyang or any other option. Unlike Dembele he is Serie A proven but still has potential to grow.
post #11598 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:23
World Class Player

The Scottish league isn't even among the 20 best first divisions in Europe these days. Haven't seen him play but the stats alone don't impress me. It would be a huge step up for him if he went to a top 5 league so no guarantee that he would be able to adapt.
post #11599 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:32
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Aubameyang might also have a "desire to play for Milan", having come through the Primavera.

However he is at a prime age and needs to join an established side ready to compete for the Champions League.

Belotti seems interesting considering how many goals he's scored in Serie A.. but if Torino are putting up a €100m valuation it'll be tough.
post #11600 of 13229 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 22:35
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
No one will pay 100 million for him this summer, that Griezmann's 'confirmed' price. And there is no way a team will pay more for Belotti than Auba or almost twice as much Morata.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in