Outside of San Siro a.k.a. the Others with wrong colors - Page 562 - Xtratime Community
 194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11221 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 16:12
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I strongly disagree. If we don't keep Donnarumma, it's on us. It might turn out to be a massive mistake if he is the new Zoff or a great decision if he is not, but it's pretty clear he will stay if the offer is good enough for him and his piece of shit representative. There are no signs of an attempt to just leave (compare with other Raiola sagas), but just strong arming for a better contract. In this, he is no different than any other top young players, nor should he be by any reasonable account. If we want to retain the world's hottest prospect in his role (arguably in any role) with a contract close to expiring, we got to pay. Simple as that.

Of course he is not yet nearly as good as Neuer or Courtois, and it might seem strange if he earns close to what they do... but the fact is we have zero chances of getting any of these guys. And Donnarumma will get massive contract offers elsewhere if not at Milan.

We have a player who is unanimously considered one of world's top 5 prospects while in a process of aggressive rebuilding, splashing the cash. If he leaves for more money elsewhere, I sure as hell will be mad at the management and not at him.

Last edited by van; May 27th, 2017 at 16:19.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 16:22
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
To me I see nothing wrong in what is happening. Unfortunately us fans are always crowded by emotion, but in the players case, it is literally a tough professional matter.

Players like Donna (and all the others who have crazy super agents) need people like Raiola to do the dirty work, so they can maximize their financial gain.

In this specific case however, I am pretty certain he will end up staying and signing.

The club must do everything in its power to retain him.
van likes this.
post #11223 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 17:30
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Jani is right. I know Raiola is incredibly annoying from personal experience, but nothing has happened yet or is really happening to make you all go off the rails like this. Most of is probably media circus, and Raiola thrives on that to get better negotiating wiggle room.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
van likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #11224 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 18:15
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
I know Raiola is incredibly annoying from personal experience
So you two don't get along? ?
Yashimi Nakitu likes this.
post #11225 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 18:30
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
I just find it funny how most Milanfans are putting 100% blame on Raiola. Sure he is a scumbag but Donna is the one who is employing him.
Of course it's on him. Gigio and his family have put their faith on Raiola and will let Raiola decide where he will play. He could be one of those guys who would leave the club for 200K euros more. Even if he signs it could be because it would be his best place to develop for another couple of years and eventually move somewhere else. To me unless we become Man City/PSG rich he will leave. If the offers being rumored are true I'd say sell him and move on to Plizzari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
I strongly disagree. If we don't keep Donnarumma, it's on us. It might turn out to be a massive mistake if he is the new Zoff or a great decision if he is not, but it's pretty clear he will stay if the offer is good enough for him and his piece of shit representative. There are no signs of an attempt to just leave (compare with other Raiola sagas), but just strong arming for a better contract. In this, he is no different than any other top young players, nor should he be by any reasonable account. If we want to retain the world's hottest prospect in his role (arguably in any role) with a contract close to expiring, we got to pay. Simple as that.

Of course he is not yet nearly as good as Neuer or Courtois, and it might seem strange if he earns close to what they do... but the fact is we have zero chances of getting any of these guys. And Donnarumma will get massive contract offers elsewhere if not at Milan.

We have a player who is unanimously considered one of world's top 5 prospects while in a process of aggressive rebuilding, splashing the cash. If he leaves for more money elsewhere, I sure as hell will be mad at the management and not at him.
You are going to pay him Buffon wages at 18 years old? In couple of seasons he will demand Messi wages. 3.5M euros after taxes is the highest wage in Milan and he has rejected that. And as it stands we cannot compete with the Manchesters or Real and Barca when it comes to wages. So it's definitely not on the club.
post #11226 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 18:36
Premier Player

Quote:
You don't know the story when Osman went to Haarlem(Netherlands not Harlem, New York City) and visited Raiola's pizzeria? Raiola tried to convert Osman to Inter, but Osman refused so Raiola spit in Ozzie's pizza and refused to offer a refund.
post #11227 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 18:45
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jani View Post
To me I see nothing wrong in what is happening. Unfortunately us fans are always crowded by emotion, but in the players case, it is literally a tough professional matter.
Damn it. The future is here. Someone killed jani and replaced him with a robot. Even a icy-hearted nordic wight like me cant see this with so little emotion and care.

your homegrown youth that got his chance with you is offered a great contract (in particular for his age) and then reject that for an offer as one of Raiola's mercenaries (were all the money you spend go into their filthy pockets).
post #11228 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 18:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Watching Atalanta again.

If we are to aim for the top again I dont see how we should go for all their players. They are the archetypical team of getting the players overrated because a system and current success make them look better than they really are. 26 year old journeyman defender Rafael Toloi looked great every time I seen them.
post #11229 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 19:35
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
I got food poisoning once by pizza he made me.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #11230 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 19:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Well he probably spits poison so that figures.

Oz, how much does Buffon earn?
post #11231 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 19:50
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Buffon earns 4m. Used to have 6 then later 5, taken pay cuts with age.

post #11232 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 20:48
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
You are going to pay him Buffon wages at 18 years old? In couple of seasons he will demand Messi wages. 3.5M euros after taxes is the highest wage in Milan and he has rejected that. And as it stands we cannot compete with the Manchesters or Real and Barca when it comes to wages. So it's definitely not on the club.
Would I pay the most promising GK in the world, at 18, the same as the 39 year old world class goalkeeper? Probably yes. Think about the Messi salaries when and if that happens.

I'm not sure what you suggest. The only way become a great club again is to have great players. The only way to keep a player like Donnarumma is to offer competitive salaries. He is doing exactly what anyone else would do: this is a life-changing opportunity to sign a contract worth more money than all members of this forum combined have ever touched. At 18 years old. Or he could stay at Milan after the first offer not piss off fans, and risk breaking a leg two weeks later, change of manager, new signing, never again that kind of offer. If he goes to Manchester City because of an extra 250 grand a year, by all means criticize him, but if they offer to double his salary and we don't get close to that, while we are spending dozens of millions of dollars on Kessié and Musacchio and rumors have us spending hundreds of millions, then it is obviously on the club.

I wish it was not like that, but it is. It's not only that people seem to be holding a kid like Donnarumma to the standard of the likes of the players who spent their whole career in one club. It's also that these players did not stay at their clubs only out of "love" and "loyalty". People like Del Piero, Gerrard, Totti, and Maldini often had massive contracts and tremendous incentives to stay at their clubs (as they competed for trophies or played in excellent leagues). They also were part of several hot transfer rumors when their contracts were close to expiring. It did not happen when they were 18 most of times, but they also were not the youngest goalkeeper in the league's history, etc.

Now, you can say Donnarumma is just not good enough to bet on that: cash in on him and buy a solid keeper and perhaps even more players with the money. You might be right. I would personally bet on him becoming a legend. The potential is there. But there clearly is a choice -- the kid has never said he wants to leave. Don't put it as if what he was doing was ridiculous or the club had no choice, or, even worst, in moral terms.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #11233 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 21:06
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Sell him if a good offer comes along.
Best if it's a foreign club. Maybe to Man Utd and he turns out to be the next Taibi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #11234 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 21:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Buffon earns 4m. Used to have 6 then later 5, taken pay cuts with age.

This puts in to context how ridiculous it is (if true) that Donnarumma/Raiola have turned down 3.5M. Buffon is in a different stratosphere to him.

Anyway let's see how this pans out. Either way I'm not concerned. There is a contract there with very reasonable terms if he wants to sign it. If not, there are clubs like City that will fulfil the most obscene depths of greed in the sport.
post #11235 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 00:03
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
€3.5m is only ridiculous if compared to this current Milan squad of mediocre players. How much did Pato and Kaka earn when they joined us as teenagers?

Anyway, it's just as how it's crazy that €60m used to get you Zidane and Figo but today only Morata.

@Johan , yes, I have become more of a robot who is dead inside, after years of my favorite players leaving this club
van likes this.
post #11236 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 03:07
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Jani you still can't get over cuff cuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #11237 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 07:21
Premier Player

Quote:
Would I pay the most promising GK in the world, at 18, the same as the 39 year old world class goalkeeper? Probably yes. Think about the Messi salaries when and if that happens.

I'm not sure what you suggest. The only way become a great club again is to have great players. The only way to keep a player like Donnarumma is to offer competitive salaries. He is doing exactly what anyone else would do: this is a life-changing opportunity to sign a contract worth more money than all members of this forum combined have ever touched. At 18 years old. Or he could stay at Milan after the first offer not piss off fans, and risk breaking a leg two weeks later, change of manager, new signing, never again that kind of offer. If he goes to Manchester City because of an extra 250 grand a year, by all means criticize him, but if they offer to double his salary and we don't get close to that, while we are spending dozens of millions of dollars on Kessié and Musacchio and rumors have us spending hundreds of millions, then it is obviously on the club.

I wish it was not like that, but it is. It's not only that people seem to be holding a kid like Donnarumma to the standard of the likes of the players who spent their whole career in one club. It's also that these players did not stay at their clubs only out of "love" and "loyalty". People like Del Piero, Gerrard, Totti, and Maldini often had massive contracts and tremendous incentives to stay at their clubs (as they competed for trophies or played in excellent leagues). They also were part of several hot transfer rumors when their contracts were close to expiring. It did not happen when they were 18 most of times, but they also were not the youngest goalkeeper in the league's history, etc.

Now, you can say Donnarumma is just not good enough to bet on that: cash in on him and buy a solid keeper and perhaps even more players with the money. You might be right. I would personally bet on him becoming a legend. The potential is there. But there clearly is a choice -- the kid has never said he wants to leave. Don't put it as if what he was doing was ridiculous or the club had no choice, or, even worst, in moral terms.
Milan has offered him a 3.5M euro contract and that will make him the 2nd highest paid GK in Serie A and probably top 6 highest paid GK in the world. Only De Gea, Neuer, Buffon, Courtois and Joe Hart are making more money on top of my mind. So yeah he will get paid if he signs the contract. The problem is Raiola wants to insert a similar deal to what Paulinho Pogba had in his contract. And in a couple of years when one of the big teams comes knocking for him, he will profit from it.

Quote:
€3.5m is only ridiculous if compared to this current Milan squad of mediocre players. How much did Pato and Kaka earn when they joined us as teenagers?
Pato's first year was around 1.5M and it increased from there. By the time he left he was getting paid 3.5M to 4M.
Inas_ likes this.
post #11238 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 09:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Anyway, it's just as how it's crazy that €60m used to get you Zidane and Figo but today only Morata.

@Johan , yes, I have become more of a robot who is dead inside, after years of my favorite players leaving this club

The club has to also think in terms of the bigger picture with regards to its finances. There is something of a domino effect of paying one player notably more than is perhaps expected, as it sets a precedent of how future contract renewals will go.

Take the likes of Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, and potential future signings such as Kessie etc. Donnarumma's salary has an effect on how much scope these players can negotiate for. It's also about managing egos. In a pure footballing sense Gigio is not a better player than the aforementioned ones so the club has to be careful with showing any favouritism or preferential treatment by bending to the whims and demands of Raiola.
Inas_ likes this.
post #11239 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 09:31
Premier Player

Quote:

van you are wrong. You know you are. There's no point me saying anything per Donnarumma because Rodriguez, Doc, Johan etc have said it all.
post #11240 of 13223 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2017, 12:34
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
If Donnarumma won't sign a contract*, we should bench him next year. I don't care how good he is. Why develop a youth player for the benefit of another club? Our only leverage is the threat of benching him and decreasing his value, and we should use it if necessary.

Without a contract he will leave for free. We can't have youth players rake us over the coals like this, if we want to call ourselves a big club again.

*Huge "if." I think Raiola and the media are just being dramatic but that he will sign eventually.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in