Outside of San Siro a.k.a. the Others with wrong colors - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:03
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
How is Barca corrupt just because the ref missed a call? Does football fan believe every botched call is bought?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:05
Star Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae View Post
How is Barca corrupt just because the ref missed a call? Does football fan believe every botched call is bought?
I dont unsderstand that type of reasoning either. IMO Barca are one of the cleanest of teams out there in pro football.
post #43 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:06
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by peive_17 View Post
Unfortunatly I had to endure that. Realy realy enoying and biased comms they got there.

Yeah, it really sucks how only US ESPN has biased commentary. :rollani:

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #44 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:06
Star Player

U saying?
post #45 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:12
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Saying the only commentators people complain about her are the American guys even though they are not much different than the rest and not even American. It just gets old, although I am not accusing you of anything.

post #46 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:15
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
I just said "US ESPN" to signify who else is watching the same as me, not saying he is biased because he is from the US.

Even in Asia it is the same commentator.

Whatever it is, dude was super biased and it was funny

EVERYTHING Barca did was wrong according to him.
post #47 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:16
International

Teams: AC Milan, Barcelona, Melbourne Knights
Psycho,

Carsten Jancker!

Christian Ziege!

Alexander Zickler!

how strange it is to be anything at all
post #48 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:23
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae View Post
Saying the only commentators people complain about her are the American guys even though they are not much different than the rest and not even American. It just gets old, although I am not accusing you of anything.
Maybe that is becouse most ppl tune into english speaking channesl for the games. I dont think it has anything to do with amercans. Anyway IMO they are different compared to other comms that I have heard. A little bit of biased commentary is understandable and happens all the time. After all comms are also humans but those two are just something else. They are more suited to be commenting for one of the ebglish club channels than an international one.
post #49 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:41
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Maybe that is because ESPN only shows CL games featuring EPL teams or Real and Barca. It's pretty focking annoying. They only call gams with English teams so no wonder they have a bias. They are the only teams they call.

post #50 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:47
Star Player

I understand englisg team playing and english comm etc etc. Still I dont think that is relevant. Thay are not professional enough in what they do IMO.
post #51 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:51
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
Anybody watching the Chelsea-Barca game and thinking that it's like watching Milan play some minnow at San Siro? Chelsea has 15 players in the box and playing counter-attacking football while Barca is playing a slow, tedious and predictable passing game. If they only would try some long balls at Messi and Eto'o or just try shooting a little bit.
Its somewhat comforting to see that other great players also can have difficulty against this kind of defending. Not just Kaka
post #52 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 22:54
Star Player

P.S. Tough I enjoed the ending of that game, I felt sorry for Hiddink and that little chelsea fan that was crying at the end.
post #53 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
I have lost my voice yelling "DIE CHELSEA" repeatedly to the waiter in the pub

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #54 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:23
Legend

Teams: Milan l' on gran Milan
Well Chelsea played as good as one can play Barca.

The referees definitely ****ed them in the ass, but, its part of the game. The ref wasn't bought or anything, he was clearly just a retard.

The three best teams in Europe (maybe Liverpool is up there as well) were going to face off, and I think the best two clearly are going to play against each other. Should be a blast to watch, even though Barcelona's defence is so crippled that Messi really will not get another lifeline and has to play ok for them to win.

The size mismatch between Barcelona and Untied is too much really, and without their defenders (outside of Pique that probably knows his former team well)... well I think Untied will repeat. Hoping for the opposite.
post #55 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:24
Star Player

Be carefull, if he is a chelski fan than he might piss in ur beer
post #56 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:28
Legend

Chelsea probably earned the ticket, but they blew it off in the last second.
The ref was absolutely astonishingly bad, and generally bad agaisnt Chelsea.

But, they messed up at the end, they lost it themselves as well. Hiddink is not a finals man, I wonder why people are surprised that the curse lives on.
post #57 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmilan1 View Post
Well Chelsea played as good as one can play Barca.

The referees definitely ****ed them in the ass, but, its part of the game. The ref wasn't bought or anything, he was clearly just a retard.

The three best teams in Europe (maybe Liverpool is up there as well) were going to face off, and I think the best two clearly are going to play against each other. Should be a blast to watch, even though Barcelona's defence is so crippled that Messi really will not get another lifeline and has to play ok for them to win.

The size mismatch between Barcelona and Untied is too much really, and without their defenders (outside of Pique that probably knows his former team well)... well I think Untied will repeat. Hoping for the opposite.
Ref seedorfed both teams tonight; maybe with more favallishots up Chel$ka's galliani, but it always feel great to beat Chel$ka. A mid table club has no room among the elite

I'll root for Brca becase this great club should not be on par with inert!

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #58 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:38
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmilan1 View Post
Chelsea probably earned the ticket, but they blew it off in the last second.
The ref was absolutely astonishingly bad, and generally bad agaisnt Chelsea.

But, they messed up at the end, they lost it themselves as well. Hiddink is not a finals man, I wonder why people are surprised that the curse lives on.
I agree about the ref. But Chelski realy played tough. Dont blame them for using thier strength tough. Just like Barcas way of playing way better.

About Hiddink... I tought he made a bad misstake concidering his experience, specially when he has personal experience of last minute goals conceded. He should have ordered his men to move forward when Barca were reduced to 10. But they still allowed Barca to have all the possesion in th eworld.
post #59 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:43
Legend

Its not that you don't allow Barca possesion, they are that good and they will keep it, even with 10 men.
They have done it to us 3 out of the last 4 times we played, when we were really good.

Its like blaming Milan for the time Dinho beat us a few years back when he shook Nesta off the pitch and hit it in the top corner. We had 10 dudes in there, but sometimes one guy is good enough to hit it and there were too many barca men in the area for it to not be safeguarded as it was.
post #60 of 13216 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2009, 23:53
Star Player

I understand that but today chelski had maneged to disrupt Barcas free flowing passing game and besides twords the end of the game they looked more tired to me than the Chelski players. I think they could have and should have taken the game to Barca when they had the chance.

Also Barcas goal came out of a miss clearence, that can be avoided.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in