Scout: Ankaragucu and other Turkish transfers, speculation - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Turkish Football > Turkish Leagues, Cups & National team
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 28th, 2000, 10:46   #1
Driver X

All I know about the first Brazilian (Roberto Da Silva; but I've also read somwhere that his name is Nicholas da Silva) is that he is a goalkeeper who I believe plays for a Brazilian club named Americano.
As for Rogerio the second player, I only know that he is a midfielder. It is expected that he come to Ankara this week so more will be known.

The Brazilian player you referred to that played for Trabzonspor is Oliveira who apparently won the Macedonian goal scoring title a few years in a row for Pobedo Prileb. He didnt play much if at all for Trabzon last season (for the second half of the year) and he went on loan to the now relegated side Vanspor. Right now they are just trying to get rid of him but are having a tough time doing so! Why they got him in the first place is beyond me.

Other possible Turkish transfers (on the verge of completion) are:

Bursaspor:
Marc Ziegler, Stuttgart
Carsten Baumann, Borussia Dortmund

Trabzonspor:
Rune Lange, Tromso
Ueslei, Bahia (Brazil)

Besiktas:
Dimitri Khlestov, Spartak Moscow (apparently its a done deal, player to come to Istanbul this week to sign)

Samsunspor:
Stephen Baidoo, Ankaragucu (in a trade)

Rizespor:
Coach: Karol Pecze, apparently at least three Slovak internationals are on their way.

By the way, are you sure the Rafael to Antalyaspor move went through? Because I read in the Antalya website that their scouts watched him but were not impressed..I think thats why they got Anjelkovac instead.