The Lord Of The Rings - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Art & Media > Bonita's Bookshop & Philosophers' Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 28th, 2001, 16:27   #1
GandalfCM
Rising Star

Teams: Newell┤s Old Boys, Depor La Coru˝a, Arsenal, Milan
The Lord Of The Rings

Hi, for all the fans of this great book(like me), who is your favorite character?,why?. What part of the book is the best for you?. And thinks like that.

My favorite character is Gandalf the Sorceror,because he is a magnificent lider with wonderful powers and too much aknowledge about dark thinks.

My favourite part is when the army of the Dark Lord try to destroy Minas Tirith, and then Aragorn arrives from the river and destroy everyone of the dark forces.
History became legend...legend became myth and some thing that should not have been forgotten were lost...until now.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS
GandalfCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2001, 16:45   #2
clover

I really don┤t like the book because I think it┤s really bored
Old August 30th, 2001, 00:45   #3
GandalfCM
Rising Star

Then don┤t answer you idiot, you waste.
History became legend...legend became myth and some thing that should not have been forgotten were lost...until now.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Old August 30th, 2001, 08:06   #4
Dragonheart
Premier Player

Teams: Portugal, Borussia M'Gladbach
The Lord of the Rings is one of my favourite books but it's more than 6 years ago when I read it. I can't remeber all interesting scenes so I can't tell which part I would think is best. I've been impressed by the whole book. I'm fascinated by the complexity of the story and the languages Tolkien invented.
I also love the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
My favourite character is Aragorn but I surely like Gandalf, too.
I'm now looking forward to the movie and I hope they don't change the original story too much. And when I have some freetime left, I'll read "The Lord of the Rings" again.
Dragonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2001, 12:00   #5
GandalfCM
Rising Star

I have already read the book two times, is amazing, and I read to The Hobbit, the story about Bilbo Bolsˇn.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Old August 30th, 2001, 13:14   #6
Oldsocfan
Legend
Legend

Aragorn, by far. Not necessarily the most powerful character, but he is the bravest and a heroic warrior.
Oldsocfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2001, 14:54   #7
Barša Fan
Rising Star

Teams: FC Barcelona
My favourite part of it is where the Ents rise up against Saruman and destroy Isengard, I can just get so into the book at that point, and I'm unsure why, because I don't think it's necessarily the most descriptive part of it.

My favourite character... that's a really difficult one, because I like so many of them, and there are so many to choose from... tying in with my favourite part I do like Fangorn (Treebeard) but I don't think that he would be considered a main character as such.
I think out of the actual fellowship of the ring, I like Pippin, because he amuses me and Gandalf for all his knowledge and leadership skills.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
Barša Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2001, 15:16   #8
tigerTUFF
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
one of the alltime classics
Ive read them heaps of times.......has anyone read the silmarillion? its abt the times b4 the lord of the rings when sauron was just a servant of the ancient darklord.......

the thing I like abt it is that it makes u think and wander abt the past, u know with all the hints of the ancient west etc etc, well the silmarillion answers ALL. My favourite character is Glorfindel, hes hardly in it, but when I read his part that made me really get into the book, thinking abt the past and what story goes with it. Gandalf ofcourse and aragorn too. Faramir is a nice character.
tigerTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2001, 15:22   #9
Barša Fan
Rising Star

Yeah, I've read The Silmarillion as well, together with Unfinished Tales and Christopher Tolkien's 'History of Middle Earth'
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
Old August 30th, 2001, 15:53   #10
tigerTUFF
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
the silmarillion now there are some great characters in that!!!

my favourite would have to be Fingolfin the second king of the noldor when he goes and challenges morgoth
tigerTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2001, 19:34   #11
Barša Fan
Rising Star

My favourite in the Silmarillion have to be Beren and Luthien, when they take one of the Silmarils from the Iron Crown.
Old August 31st, 2001, 00:46   #12
GandalfCM
Rising Star

I read the three books: The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy(The main history), The Silmarillion(the beginning) and The Hobbit(The story about Bilbo).

May be sometimes the names that I put here sounds stranges for you because I┤m Argentinian and I read the spanish version of the book.

For me the main character in The Silmarillion is Isildur(he stole the ring to the Dark Lord).

I read The LOrd Of The Rings two times.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Old September 1st, 2001, 09:45   #13
Alarich
Star Player

Teams: Hong Kong, Japan, Celtic
i couldn't be stuff reading the book
it far too long and boring
but guess the movie is gunno come out soon
i can't wait
The Christmas Holidays
"Money is tight, times are hard, here's your @#$/& Christmas card!!!"

"The holidays are a great time to be with family. Of course, your family
won't be with you, since I'm taking the kids and moving in with my sister,
you cheating bastard!!!"
Alarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2001, 04:08   #14
Chris
Star Player
Star Player

There really isn't a main character in the Silmarilion, as most characters are only around for a couple chapters. My favorite would be Turin Turambar, the guy who killed the father of dragons or Maedhros, the oldest son of Feanor.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2001, 09:47   #15
dutchy
Player
Rising Star

Teams: Vitesse
i must shamefully admit that i haven't read the book (yet), but i'm also looking forward to the movie (first part will come out in december) as it is directed by Peter Jackson
dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2001, 00:16   #16
Elland Roader
Rising Star

Teams: Guess?????
My favourite charactor is Aragorn.Best bit Helms keep.When Aragorn speaks about Dawn bringing new hope for men.
Football is life.Life is Leeds United
The future is LEEDS UNITED AFC
Elland Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2001, 18:23   #17
MINDSCAPE
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Liverpool, Parma
Sauron!!!!
as if
My favourite character is Aragron, the one they called as "Strider" and the King of Gondor.
However he will taken over by the "babe" inspired Galadriel in after the move.
How I feel everyday.....

MINDSCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2001, 11:59   #18
Kluivert
World Class Player

Teams: Ajax & Barcelona
I'm reading the first part at the moment and I already read the Hobbit. I can't really say what's my favourite character yet but of the Hobbit it was Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, there were some more cool dudes but I can't recall them properly, ehm Thorin Oakenshield was cool too. About Lord of the Rings I'll come back later (Gandalf is first choice, Pippin second)
Kluivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2001, 14:49   #19
diegoarmando
Rising Star

Teams: S. S. C. NAPOLI
my favourite character is the true hero of the book, i won't say who just yet but out of all the characters he is the one who perserveres against all the odds- he doesn't have the magic power of Gadalf, he doesn't have the lineage of Aragorn, he is neither high-born, nor beautiful, nor physically imposing but without him the ring would have been lost. The true hero of the book and my favourite character is (drumroll please)..... Samwise Gamgee
FORZA NAPOLI
diegoarmando is offline   Reply With Quote