Can't stand current FM 12 !~~ NEED TO VENT~~~ - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Technology > Football Manager
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 10th, 2011, 23:01   #1
The F.I.F.A. President
Legend

Teams: Inter Milan
Can't stand current FM 12 !~~ NEED TO VENT~~~

i got so mad at FM that i made 13 things i want to see in the future FM that wont happen, but at least i feel better after i say it. Meanwhile the actual game engine for the match day simulation is saturated, i find there are a lot of room for improvements in the life outside of football. As of now the players, have no distinction or individuality. There's no real atachment to the players even though the makers of FM are trying to give shape to the players, but to me they are all just numbers on a spreadsheet that are dispensible, in real life, a lot more details are entailed to players:

1) space/time. You can't be in 2 places at the same time. If you are busy on the pitch or if you are negotiating a contract, you should be occupied, and therefore can't multitask at the same time. There should be a daily planner that helps you organize and tell you how much hrs you have left in a day to execute certain activities. ie negotiation for contract would take 2 hrs, watching the team practice would take up the entire morning & part of the afternoon, etc. And sometimes you would not be able to attend practice because you have an appointment or meeting etc.How it should effect the game: adds realism.

2) all meetings with anyone outside the club needs to be arranged by appointment. There should be no instant access like there is now when you need to talk to a staff that is employed outside the club. There should be an option of them rejecting your offer to talk. Your appointment time must coordinate with the time that is free to you. Your allowed time to have meetings should be determined by the free time in the planner. You have the freedom to prioritize each appointments but the time must be mutually agreed. Unrealistic time meetings should be restricted only to different time zones IE no meetings after 10 pm. How it should effect the game: adds realism.

3) The concept of time should be consistant depending on the timezone: if you want to sign a player in asia and you are in europe, then you would have to set an appointment with them that is convinent with them. You can't be negotiating with them in their supposively sleeping time. Saturdays and sundays should be more quiet, less news, etc. If you were flying to an away game ie CL games that are across europe, your allot time to work is shortened. How it should effect the game: add realism

4) there should always be a "form" that would determine performance. Players' form should be updated by your coaches and they would tell you who is in form and who isn't. Right now we pick players with best attributes to start, but in real life it's seldomly the case. How it should effect the game: actual performance during gameday

5) Players and manager and staff phone numbers (Fake numbers of course), so you can 'talk' to them. Everything in the game is attached to a code so why not make it their fake contact numbers?

IE find them when they are missing in practice. There can be a "not pick up phone" by the player which is an indication of the player disrespecting you. Likewise you should have a personal phone and a business phone. Players can call you when they will be late for practice because they are stuck in traffic, or if they were sick or they have to excuse themselves for other things.

Agents and other managers can be calling you on your business phone, your own players and staff should be calling on your personal phone. How it should effect the game: adds realism

6) We should be more involved with the transfer, like you'd actually have to spend time with the player and his family when you negotiate contracts wtih these ppl. Meet in restaurents, hotels are very common. In addition you should be able to pick 1 staff or even a player that help you convince the player to come. A lot of the desire wanting to come, in addition to money, depends on such 'interviews'. How it should effect the game: take up time per day, increase appeal for players to sign for lesser clubs.

7) You should have some kind of life outside of football, off the pitch relationships with the players; ie mancini goes fishing with Vieri. many managers have dinner with the players. Things that help the relationship between the player and the manager. How it would help in the game: Improve loyalty

8) more off the pitch antics and news for players; ie, they get in trouble with the law, or if they have personal issues that want your advice, and you would have to release a press conference to deny alligations or to help them in your personal time. These are all to build a relationship with your players. How it would help in the game: Improve or lower loyalty depending on the player/situation.

9) More off the pitch activies: the bad: drug related charges, clubbing, partying, prostitutes, breaking the law, stealing.

the good stuff: to attend charity, attend player award ceremonies, humanitarian work, etc in general things that would take up your time in addition to crunching the database/spreadsheet with no real improvements to the game. You should be able to sent someone to tail a player to see if he was lying about not going to parties. This should apply only to players that are notorious for being unprofessional. And have the ability to call them or speak to them to confront them if they were lying to such incident. How it should effect the game: adds realism and individuality to distinction to players, separating the kakas and the balotellis.

10) Interaction with the fans, open press conference, photo sessions, autograph sessions, online Q & A forums. This should be different sets of questions other than the press conference, just have to have an option. Like all activities this would take up like hrs of the day. The amount of reception (how many fans show up) can be determined by the day of the event and the popularity of the club in that given city; the best times are on the weekends where not much happens, and hours where fans dont have to work. How it should effect the game: improve fans support, increase reputation of the club.

11) testimonial games How it should effect the game: adds realism

12) you should have some room to make some friends in the game, not real friends of course, just AI. But you should feel like you are NOT the only human in the game. This relates to the phone suggestion. Giving your personal phone number to another manager should be a gesture of goodwill and friendship, esp if it's reciprocated by the other manager. How it should effect the game: improve reputation, rivalry, improve likelihood to accept bid for players playing for friendly managers' teams.

13) You should be able to invite potential signings, who are not convinced to sign for you, to attend a game How it should effect the game: improves likelihood to sign a player who's 50-50 about coming to the team, if the scoreline was favorable.

oh i feel better now that its off my chest.
Go to http://tinychat.com/xtratimeorg, pw: inter, for chat room during Inter games!

Last edited by The F.I.F.A. President : November 10th, 2011 at 23:26.
The F.I.F.A. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2011, 18:26   #2
The F.I.F.A. President
Legend

y'all too scared to make a comment??
Go to http://tinychat.com/xtratimeorg, pw: inter, for chat room during Inter games!
Old November 11th, 2011, 18:39   #3
Embad
sexy times wid Erd
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
I haven't played it... yet.
Quote:
He's like the Milhouse of football.
Embad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 18:41   #4
Leandro-AL
Star Player

Teams: Albania
i read your first 4 points and then i quit reading

adding this kind of stuff will probably annoy a lot more player than it will please
And now what will become of us, without any barbarians?
Those people were some kind of solution.

- K. Kavafis
Leandro-AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 20:09   #5
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
tl;dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli
SerieB isn't SerieA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He looks Gaylord !!!!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 20:29   #6
Johan
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Well for me the most fun part is the transfers and I wouldn't mind a little bit more to that part. Not that I feel a urgent need for it either.

While I agree that players off the pitch have little personality apart from some complaining and others not, I do think that on the pitch (the more important part) many players show their personality.

Still your 9th point would add some fun, although it might turn out a bit gimmicky. but who doesn't want to sniff cocaine with Mutu?
Read my realistic love story:
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238290

Galliani Vaffanculo!!!
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 21:25   #7
The F.I.F.A. President
Legend

it might be a little too much details, but its' football management, you manage every aspect there is entailed to footballers. you do much more than playing matches and signing players.

More than half of the news from soccernet are NOT about the actual match.

right now without true new features, each new FM game seems like an update patch. The players aside from the match, are sooo 1 dimensional.

all things aside i think the planner idea is pretty good, it gives you a little more urgency to do things and gives a nice feeling to an actual day with events planned
Old November 11th, 2011, 21:42   #8
Josué
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F.I.F.A. President
i got so mad at FM that i made 13 things i want to see in the future FM that wont happen, but at least i feel better after i say it. Meanwhile the actual game engine for the match day simulation is saturated, i find there are a lot of room for improvements in the life outside of football. As of now the players, have no distinction or individuality. There's no real atachment to the players even though the makers of FM are trying to give shape to the players, but to me they are all just numbers on a spreadsheet that are dispensible, in real life, a lot more details are entailed to players:

1) space/time. You can't be in 2 places at the same time. If you are busy on the pitch or if you are negotiating a contract, you should be occupied, and therefore can't multitask at the same time. There should be a daily planner that helps you organize and tell you how much hrs you have left in a day to execute certain activities. ie negotiation for contract would take 2 hrs, watching the team practice would take up the entire morning & part of the afternoon, etc. And sometimes you would not be able to attend practice because you have an appointment or meeting etc.How it should effect the game: adds realism.

2) all meetings with anyone outside the club needs to be arranged by appointment. There should be no instant access like there is now when you need to talk to a staff that is employed outside the club. There should be an option of them rejecting your offer to talk. Your appointment time must coordinate with the time that is free to you. Your allowed time to have meetings should be determined by the free time in the planner. You have the freedom to prioritize each appointments but the time must be mutually agreed. Unrealistic time meetings should be restricted only to different time zones IE no meetings after 10 pm. How it should effect the game: adds realism.

3) The concept of time should be consistant depending on the timezone: if you want to sign a player in asia and you are in europe, then you would have to set an appointment with them that is convinent with them. You can't be negotiating with them in their supposively sleeping time. Saturdays and sundays should be more quiet, less news, etc. If you were flying to an away game ie CL games that are across europe, your allot time to work is shortened. How it should effect the game: add realism

4) there should always be a "form" that would determine performance. Players' form should be updated by your coaches and they would tell you who is in form and who isn't. Right now we pick players with best attributes to start, but in real life it's seldomly the case. How it should effect the game: actual performance during gameday

5) Players and manager and staff phone numbers (Fake numbers of course), so you can 'talk' to them. Everything in the game is attached to a code so why not make it their fake contact numbers?

IE find them when they are missing in practice. There can be a "not pick up phone" by the player which is an indication of the player disrespecting you. Likewise you should have a personal phone and a business phone. Players can call you when they will be late for practice because they are stuck in traffic, or if they were sick or they have to excuse themselves for other things.

Agents and other managers can be calling you on your business phone, your own players and staff should be calling on your personal phone. How it should effect the game: adds realism

6) We should be more involved with the transfer, like you'd actually have to spend time with the player and his family when you negotiate contracts wtih these ppl. Meet in restaurents, hotels are very common. In addition you should be able to pick 1 staff or even a player that help you convince the player to come. A lot of the desire wanting to come, in addition to money, depends on such 'interviews'. How it should effect the game: take up time per day, increase appeal for players to sign for lesser clubs.

7) You should have some kind of life outside of football, off the pitch relationships with the players; ie mancini goes fishing with Vieri. many managers have dinner with the players. Things that help the relationship between the player and the manager. How it would help in the game: Improve loyalty

8) more off the pitch antics and news for players; ie, they get in trouble with the law, or if they have personal issues that want your advice, and you would have to release a press conference to deny alligations or to help them in your personal time. These are all to build a relationship with your players. How it would help in the game: Improve or lower loyalty depending on the player/situation.

9) More off the pitch activies: the bad: drug related charges, clubbing, partying, prostitutes, breaking the law, stealing.

the good stuff: to attend charity, attend player award ceremonies, humanitarian work, etc in general things that would take up your time in addition to crunching the database/spreadsheet with no real improvements to the game. You should be able to sent someone to tail a player to see if he was lying about not going to parties. This should apply only to players that are notorious for being unprofessional. And have the ability to call them or speak to them to confront them if they were lying to such incident. How it should effect the game: adds realism and individuality to distinction to players, separating the kakas and the balotellis.

10) Interaction with the fans, open press conference, photo sessions, autograph sessions, online Q & A forums. This should be different sets of questions other than the press conference, just have to have an option. Like all activities this would take up like hrs of the day. The amount of reception (how many fans show up) can be determined by the day of the event and the popularity of the club in that given city; the best times are on the weekends where not much happens, and hours where fans dont have to work. How it should effect the game: improve fans support, increase reputation of the club.

11) testimonial games How it should effect the game: adds realism

12) you should have some room to make some friends in the game, not real friends of course, just AI. But you should feel like you are NOT the only human in the game. This relates to the phone suggestion. Giving your personal phone number to another manager should be a gesture of goodwill and friendship, esp if it's reciprocated by the other manager. How it should effect the game: improve reputation, rivalry, improve likelihood to accept bid for players playing for friendly managers' teams.

13) You should be able to invite potential signings, who are not convinced to sign for you, to attend a game How it should effect the game: improves likelihood to sign a player who's 50-50 about coming to the team, if the scoreline was favorable.

oh i feel better now that its off my chest.
I disagree.
A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 22:28   #9
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Are you sure you want to play Football Manager? I think The Sims would be much better suited to you.

* Manager invites squad to join him for an orgy in the hotel *
Did I tell you about the immune system? It's amazing.
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 22:31   #10
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Just looking at your bolded things, because it's still tl;dr, I'll say this.

Fun > Realism. Realism is one day takes 24 real life hours to pass. Oh, & a football club would never make you their manager as you are the sort of nerd who plays football management games...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli
SerieB isn't SerieA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He looks Gaylord !!!!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 22:38   #11
Stanko 05
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: However, I see that..
I actually think the game is too complicated. older games were better and more fun.
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
And raise you this
Stanko 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 22:46   #12
Ronaldwho?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Sepp, you're fucked, mate.
Ronaldwho? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 00:14   #13
Doctor
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: People's Socialist Republic of Albania
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F.I.F.A. President
y'all too scared to make a comment??
Can you give us a short version in a small paragraph?
Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 00:39   #14
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

He wants FM to incorporate the social interactions that a cellar dwelling FM player doesn't get in the real world.

Exchanging phone numbers with friends, going fishing with Vieri, stalking Balotelli on a night out etc.
Did I tell you about the immune system? It's amazing.
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:08   #15
Doctor
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: People's Socialist Republic of Albania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10
He wants FM to incorporate the social interactions that a cellar dwelling FM player doesn't get in the real world.

Exchanging phone numbers with friends, going fishing with Vieri, stalking Balotelli on a night out etc.
I wouldn't mind going fishing with Vieri's exes.
Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:32   #16
The F.I.F.A. President
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10

exactly, someone gets me.

Ok now that i've calmed down a little i can see how i was excessive...but i disagree that the SI ppl can't make realism correlate to more fun. The contract negotiation has become more realistic & detailed and its' much better than the CM version from back in the day.

New features of the game is needed and SI know this because they changed the layout of the game. There's only so much you can improve the simulation engine before you plateau. The quinessential of the game are the matches, now that it's achieved, what's next?

where else do you seek improvements if you ignore the off the pitch aspects?

Among the new changes, only the 'contract negotiation' and 'team talks and conversations include the new tone system' changes has effect on actual game play and enjoyment of the game, and those are the off the pitch aspect of the game.

Most of the audience of the game are long time fans, they can make the game more challenging by making the player do more and be more involved.

Last edited by The F.I.F.A. President : November 12th, 2011 at 02:16.
Old November 12th, 2011, 02:08   #17
Josué
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 05:03   #18
snakies
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro-AL
i read your first 4 points and then i quit reading

adding this kind of stuff will probably annoy a lot more player than it will please
^^this. all those are ridiculous requests that would make the game take way too long and would over complicate things even for hardcore FM players and football fans alike
JUVENTINO Per Sempre
snakies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 15:07   #19
Firdaus
Mister
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Leicester City
The prostitute thing comes from a little scandal in 2000/2001 involving Inter, where (surprise, surprise) Ronaldo was said to have been involved.

Tardelli (coach at the time) defended the team by saying something like it was untrue but that there was nothing wrong with it and he'd have done it himself.

Anyway, good God. Why the hell would I want to have a diary planner thing where I have to pencil people in for an appointment to negotiate when I can just choose to ****ing negotiate?!

You shorten things. You don't need to tail a player to see if he was lying about going to parties. You just get a message saying the guy was misbehaving and decide whether to punish him. Why would I want the extra step of cross-examining him with some CSI minigame?

You're NUTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious
Dont call me dumb you danish piece of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikr
Also i didnt call you dumb you camel breeding egyptian cvnt
The Inter Forum. Where different cultures come together as one. Come on in and feel the love.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 15:19   #20
Andy Christ
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
14) fans should be able to find your private home phone number and call you in the middle of the night and shout abuse if the team is doing badly. also your kids should be tortured at school by kids who support your team when it's doing badly and by kids who support the rivals when it's doing good.How it should effect the game: improves realism, adds extra motivation to do your job well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi
It's precisely because I don't think I know what is best for other people that I believe in a voluntary society. It's leftists who think so little of people that they think they can legislate correct behavior by the force of a gun. That is true sociopathy. Also I was never a marxist. And I don't piss on women, I like lesbian watersports.
Andy Christ is offline   Reply With Quote