Euro 2012 Qualifiers: Austria vs Turkey - Page 9 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Turkish Football > Turkish Leagues, Cups & National team
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 8th, 2011, 00:32   #161
Finaslan
Walking Botox
Premier Player

Teams: Kurumsal Galatasaray
It's always the same thing over and over again when the NT plays: Critisizing call ups, saying the managers don't know shit about football and then go-on to insult at everyone involved in it. Even the fans boo rival team players and make chants for their own teams + curse at the players after or before the match... and I could take this even further...

This mentality should change.

btw. The Ekici comments are quite funny, he was -without a doubt - our shittiest player on the pitch vs Kazakstan.

Last edited by Finaslan : September 8th, 2011 at 01:20.
Finaslan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2011, 00:50   #162
Köyel
Legend

Hiddink is just another Frank Rijkaard.
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
Köyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:22   #163
Finaslan
Walking Botox
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Köyel
Hiddink is just another Frank Rijkaard.

edited my post a little..
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:30   #164
gravesends
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
Fin you're probably a part of the 1% of fans who thought Ekici was the shittiest player on the pitch that day.
1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM

Her Zaman Her Yerde En Büyük EsEs!
gravesends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:44   #165
Finaslan
Walking Botox
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesends
Fin you're probably a part of the 1% of fans who thought Ekici was the shittiest player on the pitch that day.
Wow..you've done some good research bro.

He was the shittiest. I'm not saying that he isn't a good player though, he's very talented. Just tell me why you think Hiddink subbed him out on the 50th minute vs Kazakstan? Was it because he was just so damn good, that Hiddink had to take him out...
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:59   #166
gravesends
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bro I surveyed 100 people after the game and only 1 person did not like Ekici.

So who did Hiddink replace Mehmet Ekici with? Selcuk Sahin. Now is this Selcuk Sahin an offensive player or a defensive one? (Actually he's neither but people who actually rate the guy would say he's defensive) Clearly Hiddink thought that there would be no way we would win this game by more goals that he tried to protect that 1-0 lead against the mighty Kazakhstan. Same Hiddink that went and had the team lose to Azerbaijan, get bombed by Germany. I'm not saying we would beat Germany they are clearly stronger but god damn man that football was just disgusting and cowardly. The guy doesn't learn his lessons either, he makes Burak take freekicks, has Burak take penalties etc... Not that Arda did any better, what the fukk was that shot seriously Koca Kafa? He's got no plan, the team is not motivated except for a few individuals. The team has 0 chemistry, we are playing the same shit football we did under Fatih Terim but when it came to tournaments and critical games at least the team looked motivated. Too bad there are no good Turkish candidates out there besides Ersun Yanal.
1954-2006

Old September 8th, 2011, 02:37   #167
Finaslan
Walking Botox
Premier Player

Selcuk Sahin is actually the only player who has a bigger head than Arda.

Untill the point where Ekici got subbed off, he had probably managed to deliver like 2/10 passes to his own teammates (back-pass x2) and the rest went straight to the kazak players. I bet he was the Kazak-supporters favourite player that day

So basically Emre and Selcuk were already controlling the midfield by theirselves. It took them the extra-effort though, since with Ekici it was like we had only 10 players. It's not easy for the players when the season hasn't even started yet... it's probably why Emre's calf called it a day and he had to stop so early.

The fact that Hiddink decided to sub in a defensive midfielder for an attacking midfielder only helped to release weight off from Selcuk's and Emre's shoulders. Hiddink should've taken Ekici off earlier.. or better yet, he shouldn't have played.

In the past 4 matches for W.Bremen, he's only started once and he had an injury during their pre-season. I would ask, what the hell is he doing in the starting lineup of Turkish NT? Anyway, atleast we won that match.

I think that Hiddink made some mistakes at the beginning of the campaign.. such as calling up old farts like Ömer Erdogan to play vs Germany. I was a critisizer of Hiddink a while ago myself too.

Lately, I've seen some improvement though. Hiddink is the guy who can establish a big team mentality for the Turkish National team and bring tactical discipline. Something people were screaming for when we still had Fatih Terim.

If Hiddink can't do this, then who else can? Don't expect some turkish manager to take this NT to a new level.

Last edited by Finaslan : September 8th, 2011 at 02:47.
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:47   #168
Kerem1903
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Beşiktaş JK
Hiddink is a good manager I don't hold blame on him. He just has absolute shit players at his disposal so theres not much he can do.

BUT (I know I'm going to get reamed for this) a man like psycho Terim knows how to motivate Turks, and on the pitch the players look uninspired.

If only we could create a hybrid between the two.
Kerem1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:02   #169
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Selcuk doesn't have a bigger head than Arda, that's a lie.

He just has freakishly narrow shoulders.
"If moths had eyes, would they be happier?
How do they know they're not dead?"
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:18   #170
buzyb
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray
anyone saw that situation near the side line when sabri tried to.... well, i dont know what he was trying but it was pretty funny and ended up as a throw in for austria...
/\ |) /\ |\| /\ () |
buzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 14:05   #171
gravesends
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If you're talking about the position where idiot Sabri ran up the sideline and I have no clue what he was trying to do but the ball hit the corner flag and went out for a throw in yeah I remember that and how embarrassing that was to see.
1954-2006

Old September 22nd, 2011, 13:45   #172
Furkan
Rising Star

Teams: Fenerbahçe
Arda just had to score that penalty, but it doesnt matter because Belgium wont defeat Germany.
Furkan is offline   Reply With Quote