Do you think a Man and Woman can be real friends, without anything sexual? - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Community > Love & Dating
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 28th, 2011, 14:47   #81
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

My best friend is a girl. She is extremely beautiful and I had a huge crush on her when I first met her but nothing really happened between us. Now we're really close and tell each other pretty much everything. It's also amazing because she gives great women tips, some of which I even used last night to great effect. Girl friends are great - it's the future.
Mutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2011, 14:52   #82
HOMESMOINA!
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
My best friend is a girl. She is extremely beautiful and I had a huge crush on her when I first met her but nothing really happened between us. Now we're really close and tell each other pretty much everything. It's also amazing because she gives great women tips, some of which I even used last night to great effect. Girl friends are great - it's the future.
cant agree more.
HOMESMOINA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 15:23   #83
Firdaus
Dang mang
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter
Quote:
It's also amazing because she gives great women tips, some of which I even used last night to great effect.
Do I really need to ask? Let's hear all about it.
No one likes a crybaby.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 16:46   #84
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus
I mean, I'm able to control myself. When I'm already going out with someone, I could have a friendship with another girl without getting those kinds of ideas.

But Toni gave the right answer.

For example, back in university, there'd be a couple of fat chicks here and there and if I talked to them, it would be no different from me talking to a dude. I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea. I'm not about the fatties like LL was. I'd even throw in the word "man" so I don't discriminate. The fvcked up thing that happened more than a couple of times then and at other times was that the girls I treated like just another person would somehow think I was interested in them and would spring that shit on me. In my mind, I'm thinking...that's a pretty high opinion to have of yourself. In fact, I got so offended by this one munter who actually thought there was a possibility I could go out with her that I actually had to call her up after that and demand to know how the fvck she could have thought that and I had to tell her at least 3 times (to set the record straight, you know) that...and I quote..."I would never ever...EVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR...go out...with you".

That's my contribution for now.

You heartless.... nah, I hear you.

Whenever I let a female friend get too close, she inevitably ends up asking me to **** her and I'm serious. Sounds egotistic but I think its the fact they get to know the real me without the pressure of a 'date' or the effort in impressing each other. This wasn't a problem until a friend in my class in Uni ended up breaking her engagement with a guy on the hope we might get together.

That was a big wake up call and I started to keep a distance after that and makes sure lines don't get blurred, of course, as in every situation I had a role to play by being overly friendly and flirty. I did get seduced once with a bottle of red wine though. Ok, that sentence needs to be rephrased.

So to answer the question, both parties have to see each other as a-sexual beings for it to remain 100% platonic and make sure no alcohol is involved.
The Man with No Name! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 17:34   #85
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

Well I've been meeting this girl for a few dates, not kissed her yet, and last night was my first evening out with her. She just mentioned a few things which girls like that I hadn't considered before really, cool ways initiating the kiss, ways of being very touchy without being sleazy etc. Idk, good shit and now I am in the good books
Old August 28th, 2011, 17:40   #86
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Quote:
Well I've been meeting this girl for a few dates, not kissed her yet

Where do you live man???! Here you'd be considered a fag for that.
Old August 28th, 2011, 17:42   #87
MarieL
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lazio
Quote:
Well I've been meeting this girl for a few dates, not kissed her yet, and last night was my first evening out with her. She just mentioned a few things which girls like that I hadn't considered before really, cool ways initiating the kiss, ways of being very touchy without being sleazy etc. Idk, good shit and now I am in the good books
I think she was hinting at something.
"Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)

"Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them."
MarieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 17:44   #88
Scarf
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: ACF Fiorentina 1926
Quote:
Tell me you kissed her...?!
Scarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:06   #89
Daniel_LFC
Premier Player

Teams: Liverpool & FC Barcelona
Yeah, most of my friends are female.
Daniel_LFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:13   #90
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_LFC
Yeah, most of my friends are female.

They must all so be ****ing ugly, either that or you're the ugly one.
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:23   #91
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf
Tell me you kissed her...?!
course

idk, im done necking people in clubs really. nothing ever comes from it.

i'm just going at a speed this girl feels comfortable with - no need to rush things
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:24   #92
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

LOL at LL's stud persona ITT
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:34   #93
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Persona, shmoona.

I'm serious buddy. I learnt that the hard way when I first came here, I was doing what you're doing, going out on dates, a kiss on the cheek at the end of the night because I was on Parma time, the look on her face after I did that said: Don't bother calling me.

Sufficient to say, that's the last time I acted like a faggot. You should as well.
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:39   #94
Firdaus
Dang mang
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man with No Name!

You heartless.... nah, I hear you.

Whenever I let a female friend get too close, she inevitably ends up asking me to **** her and I'm serious. Sounds egotistic but I think its the fact they get to know the real me without the pressure of a 'date' or the effort in impressing each other. This wasn't a problem until a friend in my class in Uni ended up breaking her engagement with a guy on the hope we might get together.

That was a big wake up call and I started to keep a distance after that and makes sure lines don't get blurred, of course, as in every situation I had a role to play by being overly friendly and flirty. I did get seduced once with a bottle of red wine though. Ok, that sentence needs to be rephrased.

So to answer the question, both parties have to see each other as a-sexual beings for it to remain 100% platonic and make sure no alcohol is involved.

Major lol when I read that she broke off her engagement because of you. You homebreaker!

Quote:
Good job, dude!

Do you discreetly guide her through doors and across the street with your hand? Or whatever. With this expression:
No one likes a crybaby.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:40   #95
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

wow, that's a pretty terrible post you just made there LL
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:43   #96
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus
Good job, dude!

Do you discreetly guide her through doors and across the street with your hand? Or whatever. With this expression:
well i do that anyway but yeah, that kind of thing. casual contact i guess - I think it works well with cute sweet girls like this.

Also being fun on the dance floor instead being overly forward is clearly the way to guy lads.
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:44   #97
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Quote:
wow, that's a pretty terrible post you just made there LL

It's reality bro, I don't make the rules. If you move too slow, women lose interest. Courting is sweet and all but its rare to find women who appreciate that pace in our time.

I did ask, where are you? Different strokes for different places. If you were here with that attitude, you'd have nothing but your hand for company.

Last edited by The Man with No Name! : August 28th, 2011 at 18:50.
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:56   #98
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

well I guess it depends what you're looking for. I have no interest in seeing a girl who has the attention span of a goldfish who's not willing to invest into a relationship so my methods work fine for the type of girl Im looking for.

Edinburgh btw.
Old August 28th, 2011, 18:59   #99
The Man with No Name!
Legend

Quote:
well I guess it depends what you're looking for. I have no interest in seeing a girl who has the attention span of a goldfish who's not willing to invest into a relationship so my methods work fine for the type of girl Im looking for.

Edinburgh btw.

Beautiful city.

I could swear I recall something about you picking up a random girl only recently and losing her in a cab or something.....

Evidence: TGO's signature.

Don't try to put that past me, no one bullshits me.
Old August 28th, 2011, 19:01   #100
Mutu
Forum Manager
Legend

yeah that was pretty funny at the time, i lost her going into a club because we were both too drunk

i was just standing at a club bar on my own wondering wtf just happened