RIP Petrinha - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:01   #81
Berbatov_9
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: some clubs. Italy&Oranje
very sad news. didnt know her so good, but I am shocked to hear this now. Still so young. Too young.

RIP Petra
20xx

SCHWARZ WEISS GRÜN

AAAAAALEEEEEEZ, AAAAAALEEEEEEZ!!!!!!
Berbatov_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:10   #82
Berbatov_9
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

may Lucky´s brother also rest in peace
20xx

SCHWARZ WEISS GRÜN

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:47   #83
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast
OK I have just called one of the Cro daily papers, and the obituary will be in their paper tomorrow.

Her funeral will be in Dalmacija (the paper do not know exactly where as it doesnt say in the obituary) From memmory she was posting from Šibenik or Zadar (I recall looking at her IP adress when I was FM but am not 100% sure now which city, but it was in Dalmacija from memmory)

They told me it say that she passed away on 1.7.2011, in her 35th year of life. She will have a posljednji ispraćaj (final goodbye) in Zagreb on Thursday 7.7.2011 at 13:50 at Mirogoj (Cemetary in Zagreb). So we can organise something for then as I should be able to take time off work and go.
If you can arrange for flowers to be sent for the "final goodbye" place on behalf of XT family, it would be great. It would be great if you can attend. I am in for contribution.

May folks good at writing/expressing write a personal message on behave of XT to be delivered with the flowers?
My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني

Last edited by dabdob : July 5th, 2011 at 11:55.
dabdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:52   #84
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man with No Name!
My younger brother was murdered not too long ago, a crackhead tried rob him and then shot at him, one bullet straight to the head, he didn't die instantly and was alive for another 20 minutes or so from what the medics told us.

He was the only person I'd ever seen who was told of his worth and what he means to people in life by all who knew him well, usually people say everything afterwards. That should give a measure of just how special he was. You can't even imagine the pain. I was completely lost and the tears flowed nonstop for weeks and months afterwards, and even now I catch myself with my eyes welling up in public whenever I think about his last moments here. As for our parents, forget about it, my dad hardly speaks anymore. I genuinely wish it were me instead, he was the heart of the family, the one who always kept in touch and made the bond stronger. He was 25 at the time, finally made the grade as a doctor and his daughter had turned 3 months old exactly the day he was killed. I remember my dad called at 6am and woke me up, he just said: Luciano... and I knew, I felt it, he was choked up and the pain in his voice said everything. Oh man....... I'm half a person ever since.

I shared this world for twenty-five years with him, but his friends knew a different side of him that I'd gotten to know since and amazingly in that last month of his life he was literally a Saint, doing whatever he could for those around him, short of giving away the clothes he was wearing. It's like he sensed the end was around the corner. I console myself with knowing that to have had him in my life even if it feels too short is better than never having had him. Incredibly my parents have forgiven the murderer, I can't say that I have yet.

Reading arna's post has brought all of it back and I'm not ashamed to say there’s a tear in my eyes as I write this. I had no idea Petra had touched me like that since we only spoke for a short period of time and was deeply upset when I read this thread, and still am. I guess she reminded me of him, he was just as upbeat and lively. It’s a testament to her that over a short space she made such a massive impression on us. Petra's family will be going through what I described and more and there's is no cure but time for this incredible pain.
Condolences my friend to you and the family!

Death is hard, but the most terrible is for a parent to lose their child. There is no equal to that. I haven't experienced it (and I pry to God that no one would be in such situation), but my late father had experienced it all. He lost his brother(s), parents, and son, an I always noticed how terrible he felt,whenever my brother's name/memory popped out!

Take good care of your parents, Luciano and please send them my personal condolences.
My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:59   #85
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

I think the idea of a banner at the Barcelona game is a beautiful one.
"You can't give up, once you're in it, you're in it, and you've got to go all the way to the end, because you commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything absolutely everything. And sometimes you find even more, because it requires more if you want still to be ahead, if you want to win" - Ayrton Senna
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:08   #86
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

Yes, that could be a plus.
My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:14   #87
Berbatov_9
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

thats a nice idea
20xx

SCHWARZ WEISS GRÜN

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:24   #88
Nerazzurri4life
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
RIP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat
woooo!!, no more N4L, thank you Egyptian government
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus
N4L is invincible here like Mourinho at the Giuseppe Meazza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamE_Ove12, in May 2009
You will not win any other scudetto soon. Mark my words. Enjoy it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saliza
Whether you like it or not, Maicon will NOT play for Inter Milan next season

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Nerazzurri4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 13:46   #89
Zico 10
Moist Old Captain
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob
Yes, that could be a plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbatov_9
thats a nice idea
I think, for a football fan, let alone a fanatic of both clubs like she was, it's the perfect testimonial.

Is there anyone going to this match, or in a position to do so? If so please PM me and we can help organise something (esp. in terms of funding). I think it would be a really sweet gesture.
"You can't give up, once you're in it, you're in it, and you've got to go all the way to the end, because you commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything absolutely everything. And sometimes you find even more, because it requires more if you want still to be ahead, if you want to win" - Ayrton Senna
Zico 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 14:03   #90
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

I agree Zico, but I also think that flowers to the "final goodbye" are still essential, as a consultation from us to her parents. It might not mean a lot, but it is still necessary, imo.

Any way, whatever you decide, I am in for.
My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old July 5th, 2011, 14:29   #91
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
I don't think there are any xtratimers that live in Split, I have a few friends down there who are probably going, but making the banner, getting it to them and them actually putting it up will take some doing.

There is a memorial on Friday in Zagreb (where I am) at the city cemetary for a final goodbye.
LJUBAV NAŠA ZAVIST VAŠA
19-Z-05

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all;
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy;
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work, you die."
—Rudyard Kipling
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 14:50   #92
Més Que Un Club
BANNED!
International

Well, she was going to the game so I wonder if someone could get in contact with someone close to her to go to the game and make the banner. Not sure if anyone else on XT is going.
Més Que Un Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 14:53   #93
Firdaus
Dang mang
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter
Okay, so we're sending the flowers as well as looking to organize the banner at the Barça match?

Who do we send money to?
No one likes a crybaby.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 15:02   #94
dabdob
Xtratime Legend

I Think since Blast and Ero are going to the final goodbye, they can arrange for flowers, then each one can wire transfer his/her share to one them.

Though, what's the budget? How many are in? Can Ero/Blast inquire about cost and maybe inform us about available selections to choose from? Else (It's a short notice any way), we can trust their judgment)
My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
Old July 5th, 2011, 15:05   #95
totow
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona, Indonesia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesQueUnClub
Well, she was going to the game so I wonder if someone could get in contact with someone close to her to go to the game and make the banner. Not sure if anyone else on XT is going.
Judging by this (old) post, seems like Ramallets planned to watch the game..
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...5&postcount=32

Edit: Kopriva is going as well..
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...postcount=6770

You can confirm this to those posters. Hope this helps!
Oh le le, oh la la.. Ser del Barça es, el millor que hi ha!!

Last edited by totow : July 5th, 2011 at 15:18.
totow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 15:25   #96
Firdaus
Dang mang
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob
I Think since Blast and Ero are going to the final goodbye, they can arrange for flowers, then each one can wire transfer his/her share to one them.

Though, what's the budget? How many are in? Can Ero/Blast inquire about cost and maybe inform us about available selections to choose from? Else (It's a short notice any way), we can trust their judgment)
Good...so Blast/Ero, you guys have a PayPal account? That's probably the easiest way.

Let us know how you want to do this. We'll set up an announcement for XT after that.
No one likes a crybaby.
Firdaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 15:40   #97
Moe
Legend

Teams: Fc Barcelona
where i live paypal is not a payment option unfortunately (cant even sign up) .. but please let me know if there is a way for me to contribute with the flowers and banner.
Soci# 138167
Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 16:37   #98
Shukhov
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Very sad, 34 is just way too damn young.

She seemed like a very nice person from what I gathered on XT and a banner at the Barca match is a nice gesture.

RIP
Aquilani

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalstroem6
He is quick and fast player he is creative, good dribbler, good on using balls, his passing s very good he is good on long shoots he is good on tackling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp
Fast, quick, dribbling.. yeah this is Aquilani, definitely! I'd also replace Abbiati with him if you need a PK saved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalstroem6
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=252179
Just look at post 3. He is fast and good dribbler
Shukhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 16:40   #99
Punkette B
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
XT Consultants
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Looking for you in the night sky, Petra

And with a glass of Bombay Sapphire too.

Miss you sorely. RIP.
For me, football is irrationality, tribal, passionate... - Almogŕver
Punkette B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 18:59   #100
The Man with No Name!
Legend

That banner gesture would be absolutely wonderful. Do any of the Barcelona fans here have any contact with the Catalan fan groups? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do their part and have the means of pulling it off.

.... And I want thank everybody here for the warm words, I wasn't sure whether to post that as this is a place for remembering Petra. I'd like to share some thoughts if you're willing to indulge me later. I'm a bit of an emotional wreck now.

Finally, the Shock of Homesmoina has really touched me I have to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesmoina204
What are you saying buddy that cant be true, no thats cruel 34? Is that the age to die, no I dnt believe it, it cannot be true

You're a good man, keep your essence brother and don't ever change no matter what this world throws at you.
The Man with No Name! is offline   Reply With Quote