Serbia v Northern Ireland - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Other Nations > Serbian Football
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 8th, 2010, 13:44   #21
KrajisnikNL
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle

Cheers mate, twice a week as well! Wow, you made my day!
U're welcome Just spreading the joy
Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
KrajisnikNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2010, 14:59   #22
Dule
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, SRBIJAAA!!
Yeah I flew back from BG with WizzAir this summer, they've been flying out there since June/July I believe.
Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
Dule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 20:13   #23
Pumba
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuceeh
Wizzair...

As for the crowd trouble, you will be heavily blanketed by police always and like others have said that trouble is usually reserved for the club teams. That said, the last couple of home games against Austria and Slovenia have had minor trouble. If your fans provoke then expect a reaction otherwise, it will be normal.

Just out of interest, what has been reported in your papers/media about the fans, you got links?

I dont have links its just from minor discussion through supporters clubs. Alot of people believe you guys have a similar set up to Poland with Ultras etc. Ignorance is bliss as they say sorta sterotyping eastern europe together.

People heard the trouble with Austria and then saw the trouble with NEw Zealand, and any decent football fan knows the rivalries between Red Star and Partizan.

All the wizz air flights appears to be more expensive these days, We tend to take big away support with us 1200 went to Slovenia last week, so that bumps up the prices. Just watched a video of Spain a few years ago where we took near 5000. Havnt booked anything yet, i may be going via Munich but if i can get a good crowd together we are getting the train back. 27 hours haha.

Friday nights in Beograd good or bad?
end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
Pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 13:41   #24
Branko
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF
Every night in Belgrade is good,not just Friday night.
Also,about that fan thing,I like when I see fans from other countries walking around Belgrade,I want to get picture with them etc,many people like that too.Its those rare idiots that are looking to fight with them and they are making problems,you have that everywhere but when that hapens here its breaking news all over the world,but when it hapens everywhere else noone is mentioning it.
BTW,I think there are many lowcost airlines nowdays that flights to Belgrade. One of them is FlyNiki,Niki Lauda company.
"Each new hour holds new chances for new beginnings. The horizon leans forward,offering you space to place new steps of change" Maya Angelou 1928-2014
Branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 18:26   #25
Slobo
Legend

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Notts Forest & Serbia
You just have to remember if you dont go looking for trouble you wont come across any.
TOLE TOLE ZELIMO TI SRECU, DRVEN SANDUK, DRVEN SANDUK I NA NJEMU SVECU! TOLE LOPOVE ODLAZI!!!

Dobro znaj da uvek tu sam ja
dobro znaj da necu nikada
da te ostavim, da te zaboravim
dobro znaj da uvek tu sam ja

Zvezdo znaj da ludo volim te,
ja ne mogu dana bez tebe
scre svoje sam spreman da ti dam
sto za tebe ludo udara
Slobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 23:01   #26
vuceeh
World Class Player

Teams: Srbija, Zvezda i Blekburn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branko
Every night in Belgrade is good,not just Friday night.
Also,about that fan thing,I like when I see fans from other countries walking around Belgrade,I want to get picture with them etc,many people like that too.Its those rare idiots that are looking to fight with them and they are making problems,you have that everywhere but when that hapens here its breaking news all over the world,but when it hapens everywhere else noone is mentioning it.
BTW,I think there are many lowcost airlines nowdays that flights to Belgrade. One of them is FlyNiki,Niki Lauda company.

So true.
i na nebu tom na koje idem ja, sija moja zvezda crvena

If envy would burn, there would be no need for wood.

Jednog dana... kada ostaneš sam na bojnom polju... i kada dođu neprijateljske žene, deca i psi... da te rastrgnu na komade... Ispali sebi metak u glavu, i umri kao HEROJ!!!
vuceeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 23:06   #27
vuceeh
World Class Player

Teams: Srbija, Zvezda i Blekburn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumba
I dont have links its just from minor discussion through supporters clubs. Alot of people believe you guys have a similar set up to Poland with Ultras etc. Ignorance is bliss as they say sorta sterotyping eastern europe together.
It's not always a stereotype because there is a lot of ultras/hooligan activity in Eastern Europe. Fact.

The advice I would give is as Slobo said (and this applies everywhere you go, not just Serbia), don't go looking for trouble and you will be alright.

Now there are exceptions, those being the younger hools who are out to prove themselves, in which case you just have to keep your wits about you and not provoke. Things such as wearing your colours on the street, it should be fine as Branko said but sometimes it may be best to keep a jumper over the top and not parade that you are a foreigner.

Generally, again as Branko said. Our people will treat you fine, with great hospitality and want to take photos/talk etc.

Anyway, have a good time and I am going to go to Northern Ireland for the return game, so maybe you can give me some advice too
i na nebu tom na koje idem ja, sija moja zvezda crvena

If envy would burn, there would be no need for wood.

Jednog dana... kada ostaneš sam na bojnom polju... i kada dođu neprijateljske žene, deca i psi... da te rastrgnu na komade... Ispali sebi metak u glavu, i umri kao HEROJ!!!
vuceeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 21:42   #28
Red_Bandit
World Class Player

http://www.rentastan.com/eng/index.php

I used this website last year, it is much cheaper than the hotels, more spacious and dont have people bothering you who you bring back to your room. I stayed in the "Prag" apartment for 1 night when I arrived in Serbia late at night, and then stayed in the "Alexandria" apartment when i returned to Beograd from a different city in Serbia. there is a lot of pictures and videos on the site so you wont be going blindly into this. I will be using them again when I go to Serbia in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K®Le

I'm definitely right. Just imagine their pick-up lines, Andrija's would be something like 'your eyes remind me of the Nepalese flag before the Chinese invaded and started growing wild trees, do you know BTW that wild trees come from Iceland etc etc' and I imagine PV's would be, 'me man, you woman, let's get naked on the beat of Mars na Drinu.'
Red_Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 21:49   #29
Krle
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Yeah we did the same thing last year. Got an apartment near the centre, looked pretty sh!tty from the outside, but excellent on the inside, very spacious, laptop connection, big tv, 3 rooms, kitchen, dining room and all of that for about 50 euro's a night, in my case split 3 ways. Much better than a hotel IMO.
Moj korak, moj san, moja hrabrost, moj plan...
Moje jutro, moj dan, moj zivot - moja stvar...
Moji ljudi, moj grad, moje pesme, moj rad...
Jedna Ljubav, jedan Bog, i na kraju bicu sam...

JEDNA JE SRBIJA, KURVI JE MNOGO!
Krle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 22:38   #30
red star forever
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bandit
http://www.rentastan.com/eng/index.php

I used this website last year, it is much cheaper than the hotels, more spacious and dont have people bothering you who you bring back to your room. I stayed in the "Prag" apartment for 1 night when I arrived in Serbia late at night, and then stayed in the "Alexandria" apartment when i returned to Beograd from a different city in Serbia. there is a lot of pictures and videos on the site so you wont be going blindly into this. I will be using them again when I go to Serbia in October.

Dude, I was in Alexandria last year as well!!!

So if you noticed any stained sheets..well...you know.

But no seriously, I join the recommendation, you get great accommodation for a much cheaper pricer than a hotel. And that particular apartment felt very safe to me. Really good.

But the lift was ridiculously small, I couldn't believe it. Nothing beats a good, spacious Aussie lift.
The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
red star forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 19:47   #31
Pumba
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Not confident with going now, too many incidents with riots in recent months. That is even if the game gets the go ahead with fans allowed to attend
end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
Pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 19:48   #32
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
I actually think it would be alright, but obviously, nothing is for sure. Anyways, like you said, there probably won't be any fans allowed at that game anyways. Or, the game might not even be played in Serbia.
NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 20:01   #33
Yashimi Nakitu
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
I imagine if the game goes through and fans are allowed (which I doubt) then the security will be immense as Serbia will want to prove a lot to the world now and it should in fact be safer than the average game.
Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
Yashimi Nakitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 20:12   #34
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu
I imagine if the game goes through and fans are allowed (which I doubt) then the security will be immense as Serbia will want to prove a lot to the world now and it should in fact be safer than the average game.
Yeah, I'd think so too. You'd have to think that not only would the FA have something to prove, but the entire government of Serbia, considering how the incident in Genoa made the entire Serb nation look bad.
NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 20:15   #35
zoric
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu
The retards would still come and try to screw up everything, this time a bit more discrete. Serbia shouldn't play infront of any crowd in the rest of the qualifiers IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 20:27   #36
Mrkela
Lord of the Basement
Legend

Teams: FC Basement
Serbia hates Northern Ireland especially. You will all probably face the worst deaths possible.

Complete unnecessary comment aside, you should all be fine. Just don't get involved with the wrong people. I don't see a reason to worry as it is a safe city unless you are looking for trouble.

Some Albanian poster told me yesterday that he went to Belgrade this summer and even when people knew that he was Albanian they did not care for his background. Just stay away from retards.
Mrkela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 20:34   #37
milos
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Nothing ever happens at national team games except when we play our neighbours so there isn't much to worry about but as Zoric said the game will most likely be played in an empty stadium.
Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!
milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 22:51   #38
SerbianPatriot
Vojvoda
Star Player

Teams: Chelsea, Partizan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Serbia hates Northern Ireland especially. You will all probably face the worst deaths possible.
Complete unnecessary comment aside, you should all be fine. Just don't get involved with the wrong people. I don't see a reason to worry as it is a safe city unless you are looking for trouble.

Some Albanian poster told me yesterday that he went to Belgrade this summer and even when people knew that he was Albanian they did not care for his background. Just stay away from retards.
Whys that?
SerbianPatriot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 22:52   #39
Dule
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, SRBIJAAA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric
The retards would still come and try to screw up everything, this time a bit more discrete. Serbia shouldn't play infront of any crowd in the rest of the qualifiers IMO.

Because 20 idiots weren't competetantly dealt with by the police? We deserve a punishment but had the Italian security done their job properly, this would not have happened. The vast majority of fans at the game had nothing to do with the trouble. The purpertrators were caught and should be punished with life bans. Us normal fans in Genoa were punished enough.
Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
Dule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 22:58   #40
SerbianPatriot
Vojvoda
Star Player

Teams: Chelsea, Partizan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule
Because 20 idiots weren't competetantly dealt with by the police? We deserve a punishment but had the Italian security done their job properly, this would not have happened. The vast majority of fans at the game had nothing to do with the trouble. The purpertrators were caught and should be punished with life bans. Us normal fans in Genoa were punished enough.

I agree, people are so eager to blame one side or the other. Each had responsibilities that failed.
SerbianPatriot is online now   Reply With Quote