Notizie della XT Serie A - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Italian Football > Serie A Fantasy League
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 17th, 2009, 17:59   #1
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Ipswich, Parma
Notizie della XT Serie A

XT PREVIEW - MATCHDAY 10

CLASH OF LAST SEASON'S ALMOSTS
Andrey vs Osman

Having both missed out so narrowly in last season's scudetto, this match has revenge written all over it. After Osman was knocked out of the running in the pinultimate weekend, Andrey lost out on the title on the very last match to a resurgent Romanista10. There is no doubt this stung Andrey to the core but he has returned an equally as strong prospect this season. Adrian Mutu's suspensions and injuries have not helped Andrey and he finds himself six points off the league leader as we approach the mid-point of the season. However, Andrey's team are in incredible form at the moment, having scored 10 goals and conceding none in their last three matches, and will look to make it four wins on the trot against last season's rival.

Though Osman's team managed to create many more chances than Pietro's men in their match last week, his team somehow slumped to a 2-0 loss. After a narrow defeat to Romanista10 the week before, this added to Osman's disappointing start to the season; something that Osman himself has widely blamed on a shoddy transfer campaign in the summer and the woeful form of pre-season superstar Diego. Surely a win is vital here if he is to stand any chance at another run at the title?

MID-SEASON 6-POINTER FOR RELEGATION CANDIDATES
Deano vs ac_milan_forever

After propping up the table last season, AS Deano were hoping that the only way was up this year. However, a poor start to the season has made repeating this feat a very distinct possibility with Julio Baptista and Jan-Klaas Huntelaar both in the early running for flops-of-the-season. A win here is vital if Deano's men wish to start moving away from the dreaded wooden spoon.

Having finally secured their first win last week against naervod, ac_milan_forever will be hoping that star-player and XT Serie A's record signing Samuel Eto'o can start banging the goals in and start a winning run for the bottom-of-the-table team. He could also do with some of his midfielders chipping in, seeing as the team has only managed four goals in nine matches so far this season.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP
ilgenio vs Amiumtaur

It is difficult to comprehend why AC Murasaki find themselves near the foot of the table seeing as Diego Milito is currently scoring for fun, Ronaldinho can't help but continue to make assists and the team has one of the best defensive records in the league. However, the league doesn't lie and although ilgenio has double the points of this weekend's opposition, it isn't saying much seeing as they are both way off the pace. AC Murasaki will be looking for a strong victory here in a bid to start to fulfil their clear potential.

FC Amium are having a horrible time of it this season. Scoring hasn't been too much of a problem for them; it's the goals against column which is worrying. With an average of over two goals conceded per game, it is clear where Amiumtaur is falling down. However, transfer rumours have been ripe in recent days as Amiumtaur has put almost all of his squad on the market in a show of disgust for his team. No-one more so than Amauri who, it seems, his manager cannot wait to get his hands off. The deals being pondered are certainly nothing short of intruiging, many calling them ridiculous, others calling them shrewd and wise, but this must all be put out the window for now, with all the focus being put on this tricky encounter.

POTENTIAL BANANA SKIN FOR LEAGUE LEADERS
naervod vs Romanista10

The suspension of Mauro Zárate comes at a dreadful time for naervod as he takes on the run-away leaders of the league. Tomasso Rocchi is the natural replacement for the Argentinian up front, but is not the player he once was. AC Acceglio will look to their promising midfield and strong defensive line to continue to perform well in order to take something from this tough match.

Unbeaten champions A.S. Ripi failed to win for only the second time in nine matches last weekend in a tightly fought draw against ilgenio. However, if the chasing pack have any chance of catching Romanista10's squad, who already lead by six points, then they need the champion to start losing, not just draw the odd match. The rest of the league as a whole is hoping that naervod's men will play out of their skins and defeat the seemingly unstoppable A.S. Ripi.

CLASH OF THE INCONSISTENTS
saviola vs Anomander Rake

This tasty confrontation between the teams in 4th and 5th respectively could go either way as they both look to turn their inconsistent form into victorious runs. Malinwa were delighted to qualify for Europe last season and confidence was high this time around. However, saviola's men started poorly and last year's great achievement was beginning to look like a flash in the pan. Since then though, saviola has picked his squad up and they are now unbeaten in five matches; a run he'll look to extend this weekend.

Conversly, Anomander Rake's men have suffered the opposite pattern of results. After a stunning start of four wins in their first five matches, the squad have since failed to win in four. He will need his front men to find their scoring boots once again and help out midfield star Marek Hamsik who has been carrying the team in recent weeks if his team is to get it's title-chase back on track.

TWO TEAMS WITH A BRIGHT FUTURE
Pietro vs CinqueDiMaggio

FC Ubriaconi have lived up to their pre-season touting as a possible black horse this time around. After a sloppy start, Pietro's squad has won an impressive four wins on the bounce, and now find themselves in 3rd place, level on points with Andrey in 2nd. However, Pietro will need another quality defensive display like the one that ensured his victory over Osman last week if he is to have a chance this weekend without suspended star-man and captain Antonio Di Natale once again.

After a promising start, FC Novamona have suffered in recent weeks due the injury to Alberto Paloschi and the suddenly mis-firing Antonio Cassano. Missing out on European football on goal difference really hurt CinqueDiMaggio last season and he will be looking for a strong performance this weekend to keep up the chase. A clean-sheet from Julio Cesar would also, I'm sure, be a welcome change for the quality keeper.
Pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2009, 18:11   #2
Osman
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
K4 eat your heart out

Very unconvenient I am facing Andrey, wanted to bench my Juve players for their disgusting displays, but cant when I'm facing him Though bench and bench, dont have any choice, Momo and Camo out for a long while, and Canna benched me thinks.
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie thats Amore! When your sit in row Z and the ball hits your head thats Amauri!

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Osman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 18:40   #3
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

Teams: FC Parma
Excellent work Pietro I love it!

I just don't see me picking anything up other than the odd draw until I can get stuck into the market in January.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 18:48   #4
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

Amauri will join Andrey in January!
Amium releases press statement regarding the future of Amauri.

"It's true" said a relieved Amium at todays press conference. "We have a deal in place for Amauri and he will join Andrey in the winter mercato. Although he has scored some important goals for this club, we feel that it's in the best interest for Amauri and the club to part ways".

Stopping short of insulting his player, Amium commented "Amauri hasn't hit peak form so far this season and we feel that he is a player that can be replaced. Did I insult him? Hey, lets just say I am a professional".

It's understood that a player swap was involved in Amauri's transfer to Andrey but Amium has yet to release details to the media.
Old December 17th, 2009, 19:19   #5
Romanista10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AS Roma, Italia, & Ferrari F1
Fantastic stuff Pete and Dean!
XT Champions League (2): 2009, 2010
XT Serie A Scudetto (5): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
XT Coppa Italia (3): 2008, 2011, 2012
XT Supercoppa Italiana (4): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011
XT Supercoppa Europa (1): 2010
XT Gala Gold Manager of the Year (2): 2009, 2010

Back to Back XT CL Trophies - 2009, 2010
3 Consecutive XT Scudetti - 2008, 2009, 2010
11 Straight Victories - 2009
Romanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 19:21   #6
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

It's Alessandro Lucarelli and Marcolini for Amium!
Transfer details revealed in Amium-Andrey swap deal.

Late this evening the details of the transfer taking Amauri to Andrey were revealed. FC Amium will in return recieve central defender Alessandro Lucarelli and veteran central midfielder Michele Marcolini.
Old December 17th, 2009, 19:45   #7
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Thanks must go to Dean for the idea and K4 for the inspiration. I just hope we can keep it up.

And of course, anyone who wants to write any article on anything, do it!
Old December 17th, 2009, 19:58   #8
CinqueDiMaggio
Star Player

Teams: Juventus--Toronto FC
well done guys
VV la Prescrizione!
CinqueDiMaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 20:11   #9
Almogāver
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
Fantastic! Well done!
Almogāver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 20:31   #10
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

All props to Pete. It'd be good if this sparks some more discussion into the league.
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:02   #11
ac_milan_foreva
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
AC Legnano Manager angry with Lavezzi's lacklusture displays
AC Legnano Manager demands more from his Argentine

AC Legnano manager has criticized his player after he turned up late to training on Thursday ahead of their crunch relegation 6 pointer against Deano.
"Eziquel needs to show more dedication and needs to spend less time clubbing. We know that he has immense potential and he has been our star for the past 2 seasons now and he is one of our core players."

This latest comment by the Legnano manager will surely alert clubs from Italy and abroad. The Argentine almost left for Liverpool in the summer, but decided to stay in Italy. However if Legnano's struggles continues and the right offer comes Mr. Ivanov may decide to cash in on his talent.
ac_milan_foreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:03   #12
ac_milan_foreva
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
But yeah I agree this is a great idea and a great thread.
ac_milan_foreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:34   #13
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

Great piece ACMF. I hope this continues, it's fun and adds a little more to the game. Building friendships/rivalries etc. Hint of players availabilities (Lavezzi).

Btw, check my rosters page. Trying to do something a little pleasing to the eye with squad selections.

(Edit: Now finished it. I like it. I wish there was an easy way to use the photos for when you make team selections. It would look great if everyone could post their teams this way)

Last edited by Dean : December 18th, 2009 at 12:50.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:46   #14
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Floro Flores Can Fill Di Natale's Shoes
FC Ubriaconi boss has faith in Floro Flores during captain's absence

With FC Ubriaconi's captain Antonio Di Natale suspended for another week, team boss Pietro has put his full support in back-up striker Antonio Floro Flores.

"With one Antonio out, another steps in" laughed Pietro, "it's been tough for Floro this season, almost always a bench warmer. But he knows to expect this with the likes of Pato, Di Natale and Quagliarella in the squad. He has worked hard in training and has been the perfect professional".

Floro Flores has stepped in every time one of the front three has been unavailable this season and Pietro has nothing but praise for his performances, "last week Floro was a constant thorn in Osman's back line" the Ubriaconi boss recalled, "and he ensured the hard-working display of the defence and midfield was rewarded as he secured a victory late on."

Pietro also had harsh words to say for his club captain, "Big Antonio [Di Natale] knows I'm furious at him. Yet again his fantastic performances on the pitch have been overshadowed by his inability to keep his mouth shut when the referee repremands him. The fact that every time Floro has been called upon so far this season, he has contributed to goals, either scoring them himself or assisting his team-mates, means that if Di Natale doesn't sort out his discipline, I will have no fear in putting Floro Flores in the starting line-up ahead of him."

The FC Ubriaconi boss' rage was confirmed with his parting comments in today's press conference, "if Big Antonio has one more suspension due to his big mouth, I will strip him of the club's captaincy, handing it to Angelo [Palombo]". Current vice captain Angelo Palombo's influential captain's performances in Di Natale's absence have been regarded as a major factor in Ubriaconi's recent superb form and many of the fans feel that he should already be given the captain's armband.
Old December 18th, 2009, 13:06   #15
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

Di Natale unsettled at Ubriaconi?
Speculations rises after Pietro's comments.

"I don't want to be drawn on Pietro's comments, but if Di Natale is unsettled at Ubriaconi then there would always be a place for him here". Di Natale currently tops the goalscoring charts in Serie A and has been ever present in Pietro's team this season. Although the move is highly unlikely it seems at least one manager would be willing to take Toto off Ubriaconi's hands.
Old December 18th, 2009, 15:10   #16
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Di Natale Going Nowhere... For Now
Pietro puts his captain's transfer rumours to sleep

After recent comments from Amiumtaur fueled already ripe rumours about the future of FC Ubriaconi striker Antonio Di Natale, club boss Pietro has quickly quashed any ideas of a possible transfer. "Antonio will stay at Ubriaconi. Yes, I expressed my frustration at his problems with keeping his mouth shut, something that, in hindsight, I perhaps shouldn't have done. But it is nothing more than frustration. Antonio and I have a very strong relationship and no one is more disappointed about his suspension than he himself at the moment".

Pietro would not go into detail about the long-term future of his star however, "next summer? Who knows?" the Ubriaconi boss mused, "Antonio isn't young anymore. He's 32, and he knows that if he doesn't get into European football with us this season, he may need to move elsewhere if he is to play at the peak of the game before he retires. Being the top scorer in Serie A, offers come in for him in the dozens. But I reiterate, Di Natale is going nowhere this winter".
Old December 18th, 2009, 15:43   #17
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Romanista10 Losing Patience With El Matador?
Rumours are surfacing that Edison Cavani is to be put on the market

In one of the largest transfers in the league's history, Edison Cavani's move to A.S. Ripi in the summer looked to be the start of a bright future for the Uruguayan with the champions. However, a bright transfer it certainly has not been. With only three goals since arriving, Romanista10 has frequently voiced his dissatisfaction at the new signing who is fast becoming a flop.

Recent news of Amauri's multi-player swap transfer deal between Amiumtaur and Andrey has added further speculation to the transfer whirlwind that is expected in this winter window. Romanista10 left no comment when asked about the Amauri deal, but an inside source has said he is absolutely fuming that his main league rival has been given a quality striker for "next to nothing".

A.S. Ripi are six points clear at the top of the table but it seems that this isn't good enough for perfectionist boss Romanista10. And who can blame him? He has the greatest history in this league and is rightly proud of it. With both Andrey's and Pietro's teams winning last weekend and Ripi just drawing, the gap at the top was narrowed and he is clearly keen on making his strong squad even stronger to keep one hand on this year's title.
Old December 18th, 2009, 17:11   #18
saviola
Rising Star

Teams: Fiorentina
Saviola is looking forward to Winter Break
The mercato is coming and managers are starting to count their eggs

"I will be happy to have a break" sais Saviola, "all my players seem to get injured, maybe we train too hard. My team lacks the link from defence to offence. With Kharja, Pepe and Sanchez all suffering from long term injuries and Campagnaro and Frey being prone to injuries this season, my team has troubles to perform regularly".

The manager is looking forward to the winter, not only because of the rest for his players, but maybe he is planning to be active on the mercato?
"I dont think we will do major moves, my team is solid, i am very happy with every player. With less injuries we are able to compete. In that aspect we may need to expand the squad, but dont expect big names this winter, allthough some players may be transferred to strenghten the team in the long run..." concluded the transfer guru who left for the airport as he had booked a flight to Montenegro...
saviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 23:43   #19
Pietro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Ledesma Keen On Ubriaconi Return
Cristian Ledesma has spoken of his desire to re-join Pietro

After reasons out of their control, Cristian Ledesma and Pietro were forced to part ways in the summer. "I loved playing for Ubriaconi last season and I certainly didn't want to leave" the midfielder claimed, "but unfortunately these things happen in football." Since then, Pietro has made some major changes in the backroom staff at his club and the individual responsible for the summer mess has been removed.

Ledesma went on to make it clear he'd return in a flash to the high-flying club, "I loved the beautiful city and would happily return to play under Pietro, a manager I have a lot of respect for". There would certainly be room for the play-maker in the Ubriaconi midfield were he to return, given the defensive nature of the current central midfielders on the roster.

When asked about it after an evening training session tonight, Pietro responded very positively to the rumour, "the circumstances surrounding Cristian's departure from the squad were ridiculous and if the opportunity of his return was to arise, I wouldn't even hesitate".

Unfortunately for Pietro, it is unlikely he will be the only interested party in signing Ledesma in the transfer window and given Ubriaconi's heavy spending in the summer, he may not be able to fight off any opposition to the midfielder's signature. Amiumtaur is one of the other managers thought to be interested in the player, but no comment has yet been made.
Old December 19th, 2009, 00:23   #20
Dean
Missing Guidolin.
Legend

Why don't you come on over, Valeri?
Amium and Saviola strike deal for January 4.

After Amium today pulled together a press conference at the Ennio Tardini stadium, speculation was rife. With journalists anticipating news, the coach suprised the media with details of another transfer for the underperforming team from northern Italy.

Coming in somewhat of a suprise switch, FC Amium will sign Valeri Bojinov and going the other way to Saviola will be Stevan Jovetic.

"Saviola has long tracked Stevan, and I have been impressed with Bojinov's form this season. It was only natural to give each other what they wanted. Stevan could of had a long future at this club and I wish him well. I am sure his energetic performances can be an asset to his new club".

Some may question releasing a future star and taking a gamble on a player with lingering question marks over his fitness, but Amium was in bullish mood, "Bojinov has exceptional quality. When he has been fit this season he has shown just how good he can be. We need to be careful with Valeri and not rush him, but we are confident he can have a long future at this club. I am delighted to have him on board".

When asked if the extra credits in the transfer kitty would be spent on more new arrivals, Amium kept his cards close to his chest, "Lets wait and see, we have agreed deals for three players already but there is certainly credits to be spent if I feel it's necessary".

FC Amium have now deals in place for the arrivals of Alessandro Lucarelli, Michele Marcolini (Andrey) and Valeri Bojinov (Saviola). Leaving the club will be Amauri (Andrey) and Stevan Jovetic (Saviola).

Last edited by Dean : December 21st, 2009 at 17:31.