Curious:Since the seperation of FSSCG what do you wish Montenegro? - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Other Nations > Serbian Football
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Since the seperation of FSSCG what do you wish Montenegro?
Success 16 36.36%
Failure 11 25.00%
Don't really care 17 38.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11th, 2008, 03:57   #21
Mrkela
Lord of the Basement
Legend

Teams: Bolivia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djulov
I'm impartial, I don't really care.

I'll just say that much as I know we aren't supposed to talk politics here.
Just ban everyone who voted and debated
Mrkela is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2008, 04:47   #22
boris4c
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Teams: FK Crvena zvezda, FC Steaua Bucureşti
No politics involved.

This is a discussion about Montenegro's national football team.

Advokatu Diče, Srbija ti kliče.
boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:59   #23
Rhizoid
Community Terrorist
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Ok I usually don't post here, but I was curiously reading this topic, as the Ex-Yu/Balkan region (politics/history/culture-wise) has always been of interest to me.

So let me get this straight:

- BiH supporters = Muslims mainly, from BiH, and some Croat minority Muslims(?)
- Serbia supporters = Ethnic Serb (incl. BiH nationals who are Christian/Serb in origin)
- Croatia supporters = Ethnic Croats (incl. BiH nationals who are Christian/Croat in origin)

I don't want to turn this too political, but is there an exception, in the sense that a Bosnian-Serb (holder of a BiH passport let's say) will have a sense of national pride for his country BiH?

Do the respective Ex-Yu countries promote 'propaganda' of co-existence between religious sects & ethnic groups?

Just curious about this because back home in my tiny little country called Lebanon we have officially 17 different religious sects...somehow coexisting peacefully after years of bloody civil war...thanks to alot of aggressive media campaigns, slogans, politicians (regardless they're lying or not), the whole sectarianism issue was to spread awareness and make the people deal with this problem at society level.
FORZA JUVE

Un giorno ci sveglieremo, e troveremo il cielo, BIANCO E NERO

Join us on XT's Road to Euro2016 Forum to discuss tactics, players, video highlights, and all the other action in the long road to France!
Rhizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:01   #24
boris4c
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

BiH = Mainly ethnic Bosniaks, found in Bosnia & Herzegovina (40%), Montenegro (8%), Serbia (2%, Sandzak (45%))

Serbia = Ethnic Serbs, found in Serbia (85%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (38%), Montenegro (35%), Croatia (5%)

Croatia = Ethnic Croats, found in Croatia (90%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (15%)

Exceptions do exist. For example, Adem Ljajic is a talented 17-year-old playing for FK Partizan, and he may sign a contract with Manchester United within the next month. Ljajic is a Bosniak (Muslim) from Serbia, from the region of Sandzak, where almost half of the population is of Bosniak ethnicity. Nonetheless, Ljajic plays with a lot of pride for the country of Serbia and has nothing but praise for it. There are a few more examples of sportsmen who opted for Serbia instead of other countries, like Denis Sefik (Bosniak), Arpad Sterbik (Hungarian), Bojan Neziri (Albanian), Cszaba Silagyi (Hungarian), etc.

It has also been the case of Bosnia & Herzegovina, who have had a lot of Serb and Croat players on their squad over the years. It has been the case of Zvjezdan Misimovic, Sergej Barbarez, Sasa Papac, Vlado Gudelj, Mirko Hrgovic, Darko Maletic, Mladen Bartolovic, and many more.

As for Croatia, it has been a very rare thing to see Serbs or Bosniaks play for their team. I can only think of Dado Prso, who is of Serbian descent, and who retired just recently.

However, most of those cases are very rare. There are a lot of Bosnian-born players that have opted for Croatia (Davor Suker, Mladen Petric, Vedran Corluka, etc.) or Serbia (Mladen Krstajic, Ognjen Koroman, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Savo Milosevic, etc.)

In an overall situation, most players will opt for their country by ethnicity if born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, and the same goes for people of other ethnic minorities born in Serbia, Montenegro, or wherever it may be.

BiH is always said to be a country for which only 40% of the population cheers for, and it will continue to be like this for as long as the country will exist as it is. There is way too much tension in BiH for people to start considering themselves as 'Bosnians'. Unlike in Lebanon, nothing is done to calm things down; it rather seems everybody tries to shake things up. Bosnia and Herzegovina is the only of all ex-Yu republics to become a mini version of the former Yugoslavia. Every other country is ethnically compact, except BiH, which is why it will most likely never find any kind of stability in the near future.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:30   #25
bringsallyup
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Serbia
i dont give a fack
bringsallyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:13   #26
ikz
Star Player

Teams: Red Star
i voted i dont care simple becouse i do not wish them success or failiure, i m just disapointed in how they have conducted themselves in recent times and really lost all respect to care.
ikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 14:34   #27
Red_Bandit
World Class Player

i am pretty sure the people voted in the government and on numerous occasions at that. dont say **** the politicians when its a majority of people that voted them in. and no its not the albos, croats bosnians etc that voted them in as i am pretty sure they voted for their own peoples parties. so **** the people. When a Serb can say they are not Serbian but Montenegrian and wave the modified albanian flag then i wish them nothing but failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLe

I'm definitely right. Just imagine their pick-up lines, Andrija's would be something like 'your eyes remind me of the Nepalese flag before the Chinese invaded and started growing wild trees, do you know BTW that wild trees come from Iceland etc etc' and I imagine PV's would be, 'me man, you woman, let's get naked on the beat of Mars na Drinu.'
Red_Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 14:45   #28
ikz
Star Player

Teams: Red Star
Crna gora is like a modern vuk brankovic
ikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 16:16   #29
Gibraldo
Rising Star

Teams: Serbia, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, Trinidad / Tobago
i voted for success, as they have still players inside who have weared a yugo/scg shirt and so have been some of us. I especially like it when vucinic scores.

I remember having similar feelings for Suker, Boban, Prosinecki but after that generation it faded. Maybe simply because a player like Modric was only a yugo for some 3 or 4 years of his live.

Curiously I like Macedonia to compete well. It is strange how remarkable result of them (draws in Netherlands, England) shift with embarassing loses like the one in Andorra.
Without Responsibility, it is difficult to exist.
Gibraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 16:25   #30
milos
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c
As for Croatia, it has been a very rare thing to see Serbs or Bosniaks play for their team. I can only think of Dado Prso, who is of Serbian descent, and who retired just recently.
Miki Rapaic, Bosko Balaban, Ognjen Vukojevic...
Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!
milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:04   #31
boris4c
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Rapajic is a gypsy. Balaban is half/half, I don't know about Vukojevic, but Serbs playing for Croatia are nonetheless a rare thing. Most Serbs that have played for them are evidently half/half, just like Sinisa Mihajlovic is a half Croatian who played for Serbia.
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:15   #32
Serb
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
Quote:
BiH = Mainly ethnic Bosniaks, found in Bosnia & Herzegovina (40%), Montenegro (8%), Serbia (2%, Sandzak (45%))

Serbia = Ethnic Serbs, found in Serbia (85%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (38%), Montenegro (35%), Croatia (5%)

Croatia = Ethnic Croats, found in Croatia (90%), Bosnia & Herzegovina (15%)

Exceptions do exist. For example, Adem Ljajic is a talented 17-year-old playing for FK Partizan, and he may sign a contract with Manchester United within the next month. Ljajic is a Bosniak (Muslim) from Serbia, from the region of Sandzak, where almost half of the population is of Bosniak ethnicity. Nonetheless, Ljajic plays with a lot of pride for the country of Serbia and has nothing but praise for it. There are a few more examples of sportsmen who opted for Serbia instead of other countries, like Denis Sefik (Bosniak), Arpad Sterbik (Hungarian), Bojan Neziri (Albanian), Cszaba Silagyi (Hungarian), etc.

It has also been the case of Bosnia & Herzegovina, who have had a lot of Serb and Croat players on their squad over the years. It has been the case of Zvjezdan Misimovic, Sergej Barbarez, Sasa Papac, Vlado Gudelj, Mirko Hrgovic, Darko Maletic, Mladen Bartolovic, and many more.

However, most of those cases are very rare. There are a lot of Bosnian-born players that have opted for Croatia (Davor Suker, Mladen Petric, Vedran Corluka, etc.) or Serbia (Mladen Krstajic, Ognjen Koroman, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, Savo Milosevic, etc.)

In an overall situation, most players will opt for their country by ethnicity if born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, and the same goes for people of other ethnic minorities born in Serbia, Montenegro, or wherever it may be.

BiH is always said to be a country for which only 40% of the population cheers for, and it will continue to be like this for as long as the country will exist as it is. There is way too much tension in BiH for people to start considering themselves as 'Bosnians'. Unlike in Lebanon, nothing is done to calm things down; it rather seems everybody tries to shake things up. Bosnia and Herzegovina is the only of all ex-Yu republics to become a mini version of the former Yugoslavia. Every other country is ethnically compact, except BiH, which is why it will most likely never find any kind of stability in the near future.
I thought Darijo Srna was half Serb/half Bosniak. And another guy who was supposedly Serbian. Though I am not sure if it's true or not.
Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:16   #33
Serb
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos
Miki Rapaic, Bosko Balaban, Ognjen Vukojevic...
yeah, that's the guy i was thinking of.

vuk brankovic was not a traitor.
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:22   #34
MaidenMadness
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
Quote:
Rapajic is a gypsy. Balaban is half/half, I don't know about Vukojevic, but Serbs playing for Croatia are nonetheless a rare thing. Most Serbs that have played for them are evidently half/half, just like Sinisa Mihajlovic is a half Croatian who played for Serbia.
rapajic is half half but back in early 90ties he chose croatia
prosinecki is half half
balaban is 100% serb and i think that he is the only such case in a pure croat/serb plays for the "other" side
vukojevic its a known thing he's part serb, but i don't think anyone except him knows what the mixture is.
prso has serbian ancestry but, one again god knows which link is that. it may be 5 generations ago like it is with kezman, or more recent one like it is with kralj.
one more mixture in our team is srna who is half muslim.

bih team is a different story. they usually end up giving bih passports to people who have no link with them whatsoever and since they're too crap to get into their true nts they end up playing for bih. thats the story with hrgovic, and most recent croat i can remember is ivan radeljic. he's a weird case cause he never even played in bih league

@rhizoid basically its like this, bosnian born croat/serb will play for bih only and only if he's not good enough to play for his true nation. thats the way it was, thats the way it is and thats the way it always will be. ALWAYS! you might hear a different story in bih forum in a "things will change in the future" way, but those who tell you this are kids born & raised in places like usa, sweden...who live in their own little dreamland that has 0 links whatsoever with reality.
MaidenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:26   #35
red star forever
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
Hey, MM, I thought you had left XT??!!

What happened, couldn't be a man of your word? That's really weak..

p.s. Now I just need Andrix to come back..
The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
red star forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 19:29   #36
MaidenMadness
BANNED!
Legend

its a gradual process, andrix has been preparing for it for ages slowly decreasing the amount of posts, i am in that process
Old December 11th, 2008, 20:11   #37
Dule
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, SRBIJAAA!!
MM, I think Prso is 100% also. The rest of his family moved to Serbia during the war and his nephew is in the youth ranks at Zvezda, on loan at Rad I believe.

I'd heard about Balaban being Serb though, think I remember someone over here saying that they went to school with him or his dad or something.
Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
Dule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 20:49   #38
Podgorica
Rising Star

balabani su iz cg porijeklom.
Podgorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 20:50   #39
Serb
Xtratime Legend

MM, my father knows Prso's family personally, they are Serbs. I am talking about his father's side, they are a well known family in Obrovac, his father was a taxi driver there, and his uncle was a prominent footballer in the region.

Don't know about his mother.
Old December 11th, 2008, 21:03   #40
MaidenMadness
BANNED!
Legend

i mean that prso has some serb blood is a given. i mean after all croats with a first name miladin? aha yeah right. they're just like serbs with a first name ivica meaning non existent

still what i find curious is that he categorically denied any links to serbia, thats the part i don't get. see no other mixes have done that to us. only case of mix being in such denial about his ancestry i can think of is mihajlovic. thats why i don't believe he's a 100% serb, but am closer to believing he's some mix.