Tamás Priskin - The Friendly Non-Smoking Offside Slovak Snot-Rocket - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Other Nations > Hungarian Football
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 29th, 2006, 17:57   #1
GabyG
Rising Star

Teams: Hungary, Honved, Luton Town
Tamás Priskin - The Friendly Non-Smoking Offside Slovak Snot-Rocket

I noticed he scored 2 goals today for Watford where he is on trial, thats 3 in 2 games for him now, possibly another magyar player to grace these shores next season?
GabyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2006, 14:54   #2
Bentex
BANNED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Diósgyőri VTK
"Of course I said yes"

One of the biggest deals of the current transfer season may be sealed within days - as far as Hungarian football is concerned, at least. As we reported earlier, Premier League newcomers Watford are testing Tamas Priskin. After the 19-year-old attacker made his signature with three goals and the same amount of assists in two matches, the English club is looking to sign him.

If everything goes well, Tamas Priskin may move from Gyor to Watford.
Q: It's all good news from England about you these days. After recording a goal and an assist in the Tuesday test match, you now doubled in both categories. The club's Web site said you had a wonderful second half. Are you in such top form?

A: I can't complain, I'm playing well and everything fell into place in the Saturday match. Although we didn't play well in the first half - we were down by two at halftime - the team really got it together in the second half and we won comfortably. I started and played 80 minutes, that's when Aidy Boothroyd substituted for me.

Q: You didn't talk about the goals and assists.

A: Because you were asking about my form.

Q: Okay, let's look at the Priskin goals, then.

A: I headed in from close range from a corner a few minutes into the second half. Then towards the end of the game, i scored from an excellent pass from one of the substitutes from within the box.

Q: Last time you said the manager wasn't very talkative on Tuesday, he took care of the game with a "Nice job, Tamas." Did you at least get a pat on the back after the double?

A: Yeah, we spoke a bit more after the match. He congratulated me, said i had a good game, and asked me if i wanted to play for Watford.

Q: And you?

A: Of course, I said yes.

Q: So only the formalities remain. What's the status of your contract?

A: I haven't seen any papers yet, so i have no idea how long they want to sign me for. Since I have a contract with Gyor through 2009, the two clubs have to first agree on the transfer fee, then Watford can talk to me about the conditions. I hope all this can be dealt with this week and I can really call myself a Watford player from ealry August.

Q: How do you spend your days?

A: As opposed to earlier plans, I didn't return home after the Saturday game, but went to training camp in Denmark with Watford's first team. We'll have a match Monday evening, we'll play the first division team AC Horsens.

Q: Third game: three goals and three assits?

A: Sounds good!

----We asked Gyori ETO, Priskin's current club about his contract status.
"Raymond Sparkes, a Glagow-based agent is negotiating with Watford on behalf of Gyori ETO,'' said Tibor Klement, the club's general manager. "Talks started after the Saturday game and it seems that the English club wants to sign Tamas, who didn't even come back to Gyor, but went to the training camp in Denmark with our permission. As of now, we are expecting a draft contract from the English club on Monday, so I think we can close this transfer deal in the first few days of the week. Tamas will definitely come back on Wednesday and if we have an agreement by then, he will travel to Watford again on Saturday to train for the start of the Premiership season on Aug. 19."
Old August 1st, 2006, 15:01   #3
Guest.

he scored again in the last game.
It seems he scores at will.
So that is news i like!!!
Only strange that Priskin didn´t score that many goals for ETO last season.

So bentex-can he become a Mutu?

so we have priskin, dudas, hrepka, nemeth krisztian,tisza tibi--any of these talented players out for something big?
More than Bundesliga in an average team.
Mean one of these players-playing by a big club some time?

Personally i would like Boszik take at least 2 of our youngsters into his squad-and give them playing time in the NT-If germany put Podolski in the starting eleven- why don´t we really try our talents?
Szabics still without team-and sure has lot of training to do ( i think he wasn´t doing real training for months now) and Torghelle still on the way back to old form-so why don´t give the youngsters a chance
Old August 1st, 2006, 15:08   #4
Guest.

Trialist pushing for deal
01-08-2006 12:02
Watford trialist Tamas Priskin grabbed his fourth goal in four games to enhance his claims of making a permanent switch to Vicarage Road.
The Hungarian has been hugely impressive in pre-season and Aidy Boothroyd opted to take the player on Watford's pre-season tour to Denmark after he grabbed a brace in the Hornets 5-2 win at Boreham Wood.

And the Hungarian teenager continued his goal spree with another fine effort as Watford sunk AC Horsens 4-0, with Marlon King (2) and Darius Hendersen also on target.
Boothroyd is on the lookout for a new striker but has refused to be drawn on the trialists who have played over the last couple of weeks, but Priskin's efforts cannot have gone unnoticed.
Old August 1st, 2006, 15:16   #5
Andor
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
I expect at least 1 mil for him any less and Tibor Klement becomes a permant member of my list of complete idiots (nr1 on the list is offcourse Lothar ).
Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 23:17   #6
GabyG
Rising Star

Teams: Hungary, Honved, Luton Town
Typical,another magyar player comes to England, but looks like he will be joining my most hated club and rivals of the team i support!!!
GabyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:53   #7
Bentex
BANNED!
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope54
he scored again in the last game.
It seems he scores at will.
So that is news i like!!!
Only strange that Priskin didn´t score that many goals for ETO last season.

The teams he's playing againts are a lot lower level than the teams ETO plays againts. I have some footage of the goals... would you like to see?
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:40   #8
Carbajal
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor
I expect at least 1 mil for him any less and Tibor Klement becomes a permant member of my list of complete idiots (nr1 on the list is offcourse Lothar ).
Hi all, first post here.

I believe there is no way Watford would pay a million for him. They are not that stupid than Crystal Palace with Torghelle Half the sum would be nearer, I think. FCW keeps saying on every forum that they will keep a rational approach to life in the PL - a 19 year old, virtually unknown striker, even if he was really good in friendlies, for a million, is not a rational move. I expect a nominal fee around 500k, percentage on next sale and maybe some more money depending on first team appearances. But it seems that, whatever the price is, they did agree about it, so we'll see it
Carbajal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:49   #9
Bentex
BANNED!
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbajal
Hi all, first post here.
Welcome here! First of many I hope!

You can see two of Tamás' goals here.

http://www.bentex.tv/magyarfoci/Pris..._Bentex_TV.wmv
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:00   #10
Bentex
BANNED!
Xtratime Elite

Priskin a Premier League-ben!

As we became used to it in the past few days, we have good news about Tamas Priskin again. The national team player scored for Watford again. Gyor, his current team also revealed that negotiations between the two clubs are progressing well, they only have to agree about the details and another Hungarian could play in the world's strongest league.

Watford late on Monday evening played against AC Horsens, the eighth-placed team in the Danish league. The Northern side didn't make it difficult for the English team that's getting ready for the Aug. 19 league start: it ended an easy 4-0 win for the visitors.

What's a lot more important, Tamas Priskin got another opportunity from the Premier Leauge's newcomer, Manager Aidy Boothroyd now sent him on as a 76th minute substitute. He was the center of attention within seven minutes, he headed a cross from the central defender Jordan Stewart into the net.
"As opposed to our previous plan, I returned home on Tuesday, I'm already in Gyor,'' the 19-year-old player told us. "Now everything is up to the two clubs, Gyor and Watford have to agree with each other. So far, i have no information about the negotiations, i will meet the Gyor management on Wednesday."

The player will meet with Gyor general manager Klement Tibor, among others. Klement sounded optimistic. "We received an offer of a few lines from Watford, in which they concisely outlined their thoughts about signing Tamas. Since this is along our interests in the main points, we asked them to send a detailed English-language contract, which we can sign in the second half of the week, but next Monday at the latest."
As far as we know, the English might sign the striker for four years. Watford so far hasn't confirmed their intention to sign Priskin. Spokesman Tony York spoke cautiously, asking us to come back in the second half of the week as there's no official agreement as of yet.
It seems like everything is in the right track, though - as usual in international football - fixing the details still remains, so we have to wait a few days until the actual signing of the contract.

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/cikk.php?cikk=119018
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:03   #11
Carbajal
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex
Welcome here! First of many I hope!

You can see two of Tamás' goals here.

http://www.bentex.tv/magyarfoci/Pris..._Bentex_TV.wmv
Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I'm quite sure that these were not the decisive moments why they want to sign them - kind of "my grammy would have scored" action Though, we can also say that he was a "presence inside the box"
Carbajal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:23   #12
szövkap
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: El Salvador 1982
thats finally good news. it surprises me nonetheless that Priskin is our only PL player now well, good luck then
szövkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 13:42   #13
zolik
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros:PSV:Hungary NT
He has a good touch on him, I like his style. Im happy he has finally moved to the prem, I hope he has a good season and shows his class with penty of goals
He has a big future as he's only young so we have plenty of time to watch him form.

Hopefully Gera can join him next season with or without WBA.
zolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:53   #14
Bacon
Rising Star

Teams: West Brom
The signing should be complete soon...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...ose+on+Priskin
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:06   #15
Andor
Xtratime Legend

Old August 3rd, 2006, 14:41   #16
Andor
Xtratime Legend

Old August 3rd, 2006, 14:52   #17
Guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor
oh come on andor....look at what Fradi lost the last years.....
Old August 3rd, 2006, 14:54   #18
Andor
Xtratime Legend

Who cares about Fradi
Old August 3rd, 2006, 15:02   #19
Guest.

me!!:hopefull:
and it is waste for every good young player to play NB1....
and ETO still has Dudas
Old August 3rd, 2006, 15:28   #20
Andor
Xtratime Legend

It proves that ETO lacks ambition to win the Nb1 and also that they need the money, probably to pay for the new stadium.