RVP - the latest villain - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > British & Irish Football > Arsenal
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2005, 16:14   #41
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
we lost in Bayern due to Kolo playing like a prizetwat i thought.

honestly, we didn't really go for the game, we were very ponderious in midfield with no-one wiling to go forward past Henry.

we don't play gung ho in EPL away games either, but at least you should attack when you get the chance, we haven't done this for 3 years in CL in my view and i think it's because we have been conned into thinking you have to be defensive in order to do well in this comp.
Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2005, 08:42   #42
Zhuge Liang
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal FC
My uncle who has been football watcher since his youth once commented that RvP is destined to be Arsenal long-term player not because of his talent, but also his confidence especially in goal scoring department. In his opinion, he could be even better than Reyes who was brought with cost 3x times than him. At the first time, I don't really believe it since how could he said such thing when at that time Robin only got handful of match. But now, I fully believe it. Robin is no doubt our future player and finally the successor the great Dennis Bergkamp.

I have great hope for him. Not only in Arsenal, but also Dutch NT as well. Together with Robben and Kuyt, I hope he'll go far in World Cup 2006.
Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han
Old November 5th, 2005, 12:39   #43
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Reyes and RvP shouldn't really be compared, one is a striker and one is a bloody winger Wenger

though i agree with your Uncle, RvP seems to have that something extra that can get him to the very top.
Old November 5th, 2005, 14:38   #44
The Merengue
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
I hope he doesn't turn into something of a Recoba, with outrageous talent but always unsettled. RvP needs a full season I reckon, and this should be it, if he doesn't take his chance Arsenal would probably go for another striker next summer.
a dead-ringer for a feeling that i used to know
Old November 5th, 2005, 14:49   #45
Wally
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
I predicted it 2 years ago when I said that he'd be the next Ronaldinho in this forum. Once again I have been proven right and yet again Spurs didn't listen to me

Instead of getting him, they got Andy Reid. I actually emailed the club telling them to have a look at him (and Daniel de Ridder ) a few years back.
RIP Bob Crow

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Danny Green - When you beat a legend, you become a legend
Old November 5th, 2005, 15:03   #46
Jaffa Cakes
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merengue
I hope he doesn't turn into something of a Recoba, with outrageous talent but always unsettled. RvP needs a full season I reckon, and this should be it, if he doesn't take his chance Arsenal would probably go for another striker next summer.
No, just no.

RvP will be a very good player for Arsenal and I like him but no Alvaro Recoba, best left foot I've ever seen mate, his talent is just scary, skill, pace, could score from anywhere, amazing vision, just a genius, If Arsenal got Recoba at 22 it would be instant success, compare him to Bergkamp or something not Chino in terms of potential, he has a very nice left foot but I don't think you really understand how big Recoba could of been outside Inter, Pirlo Bergkamps Baggios Mutus Seedorfs etc etc couldn't do as well as him. Its impossible imagining Moratti getting rid of him the same way he did to Bergkamp, if he went to Highbury they'd build a statue outside the staduim, the size of the pitch is mad with Henry it would be madder, not a fair comparison. You looking at a wasted Recoba at Inter rather than a Recoba that is free, RvP will be free under Wenger.

Back to RvP, he will be a class act
Old November 5th, 2005, 15:19   #47
The Merengue
Star Player

I understand you a big Recoba fan mate, and I always do say he is an A-class talent, and thats why I refer to him whenever I talk of talented players who might go to waste because I know how much Recoba's wasted.

Anyway yeah, hopefully the same fate's not gonna fall on RvP.
Old November 5th, 2005, 15:21   #48
The Merengue
Star Player

He's scored again !
Old November 5th, 2005, 15:38   #49
Jaffa Cakes
Premier Player

Quote:
I understand you a big Recoba fan mate, and I always do say he is an A-class talent, and thats why I refer to him whenever I talk of talented players who might go to waste because I know how much Recoba's wasted.

Anyway yeah, hopefully the same fate's not gonna fall on RvP.
RvP is free and not treated like a robot so I think he has a good future ahead of him but my point was that comparison is not fair, not because of talent because I can find other talents who were treated like gods and still messed up, but because its Inter, Recoba forfilled his talent, was a world class player and is still class now, the thing is he never left Inter, his attitude or ability is second to none.

Anyway your right Recoba is the biggest waste of talent of his time but not because he didn't get there or fight, but because of the freak situation he allowed himself to be in at Inter for so long, he never let his talent go but never let himself be free, RvP won't have this problem, he has more sense.
Old November 5th, 2005, 16:04   #50
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
He's scored again !
and the assist to the assist

van Persie is as talented as anyone, he just needs to show it now, he can do evrything i think, certainly he has no need to envy anyone.
Old November 5th, 2005, 16:20   #51
Jaffa Cakes
Premier Player

A class player in his own right, no need to make comparison especially not to freak cases like Alvaro Recoba.

This thread was going well until then
Old November 5th, 2005, 17:00   #52
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

great turn and shot in the second half with his right foot, this boy will score goals from anywhere.
Old November 5th, 2005, 17:57   #53
Solero
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal, Netherlands
His confidence right now is really sky-high. Great performance today, didn't deserve to be subbed because he needs to play the whole match. But that was Bergy he was coming off for, so no big complains :p
Old November 5th, 2005, 19:05   #54
Jaffa Cakes
Premier Player

Van Persie has the best left foot in the Prem, he has scored what 6 goals in 600 odd minutes this season? If he played week in week out he'd be great value in those fantasy football games, I have no doubt should he forfill his potential he'll score more goals than Bergkamp did for Arsenal, more direct in his play.
Old November 5th, 2005, 23:49   #55
Fledge
Premier Player

Teams: Man Utd , Brentford
nver going to be one of the "elite strikers" in the world because hes never going to be a 25 goals a season type
"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". yes Eric
Old November 5th, 2005, 23:54   #56
Umarnino
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
I think Van Persie is at such a good level now and he's got so many years of ahead of him, I feel sorry for defences across Europe if we can keep Henry as well as having Van P.
Next no. 10??
I think so

Umarnino
Old November 6th, 2005, 00:10   #57
Twayka
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
i see him as scoring 25 goals and more in the future, he will take the free kicks and pk, hes also dangerous with headers.. and as AW said, hes going to play forward, most of the time, excellent player.
Old November 6th, 2005, 00:11   #58
Umarnino
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
yh I forgot about that, I think Van Persie is capable of scoring 25+ goals in season. remember these are still early days..........
Old November 6th, 2005, 00:17   #59
SM Online
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledge
nver going to be one of the "elite strikers" in the world because hes never going to be a 25 goals a season type
neither will Rooney...
lucas21
Old November 6th, 2005, 00:23   #60
Onree
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledge
Neither was Henry at his age.
Closed Thread