Toronto Raptors - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Community > The Sports Bar > Basketball
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 14th, 2006, 23:45   #61
Lav
Legend

Teams: Hrvatska, A.C. Milan, Dinamo
u give a protected first rounder....

no lottery
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a manís soul and faith
Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2006, 00:38   #62
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
What do you mean?
So if you send Toronto's 1st Rnd pick to Detroit, than if Detroit makes the play-offs, which they will, the pick is surrendered to the Bobcats like the Raps would have done, or how does it work exactly?
NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:16   #63
Lav
Legend

i dont know if u have a pick that is yours or if u gave it to the bobcats

but u can trade a protected first rounder, u are headed for lottery but u can always protect the pick saying if u are in top 12 in lottery its protected and yours, and they get the next years pick...etc
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:09   #64
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oh, ok. I heard of the process, just wasn't sure how it worked exactly.
Anyways, the pick that we have goes like this: If we make the play-offs, the pick goes to Charlotte, otherwise if it is lottery, than its ours. So, I guess its just our pick protected.

Old February 15th, 2006, 05:00   #65
Lav
Legend

yeah u are protected since u are likely to go lottery...
Old February 15th, 2006, 16:01   #66
Kiyan
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
Guys

I can't say enough about Mike James, I don't remember his game in Houston at all but i highly doubt it is anywhere near the calibre of what he's playing right now. What another great preformance against the T-Wolves.

TO: EMBRY OR WHOEVER MAY BE THE GM AT THE TIME. DO NOT LET MIKE JAMES GO HE IS THE REAL DEAL

Especially not for Darko when we already have Chris and Charlie there. We'll also get Magloire soon.
Kiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 17:18   #67
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think now that Rose and his big contract are gone, we'll have a good chance of re-signing James.
And Kiyan, his game in Houston/Milwaukee was quite good too, just he didn't get nearly as much court time. I always knew though, when the guy gets hot, he gets real hot. He's kinda a streaky shooter, but he is soo confident that it is very rare that he doesn't have a good scoring nite at the end of a game.
James for Alston was definately a steal.

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:13   #68
Albion
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Toronto Officially Hires Colangelo

The Toronto Raptors have made it official. Bryan Colangelo is their new president and general manager.

The Raptors aimed for the top in hiring Colangelo, the NBA's 2005 executive of the year after the retooled Phoenix Suns won a league-high 62 games. The 40-year-old Colangelo spent 17 years with the Suns, the past 11 as general manager. In the 2004 off-season, he lured Canadian guard Steve Nash away from Dallas, and Nash went on to earn Most Valuable Player honours that season.

"I'm ready to branch out," Colangelo said during a news conference Tuesday. "I've got 15 very good years behind me with respect to what's gone on in Phoenix and my participation there . . . This is just the next step in what I hope to be a long and fortuitous career."

Colangelo steps into a favourable situation in Toronto. He will have salary cap room, roster spots, a good draft pick and a budding young star in Chris Bosh.

"There's just so many positive things about the opportunity that Wayne (interim GM and team adviser Wayne Embry) has established in terms of the cap flexibility and the ability to look at free agency in a different light and perhaps explore trade opportunities to acquire the necessary pieces," said Colangelo. "It's not unlike a team we had in Phoenix a couple years ago.

---------------

Your in good hands now
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 20:55   #69
Marko3
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifo AC
Toronto Officially Hires Colangelo

The Toronto Raptors have made it official. Bryan Colangelo is their new president and general manager.

The Raptors aimed for the top in hiring Colangelo, the NBA's 2005 executive of the year after the retooled Phoenix Suns won a league-high 62 games. The 40-year-old Colangelo spent 17 years with the Suns, the past 11 as general manager. In the 2004 off-season, he lured Canadian guard Steve Nash away from Dallas, and Nash went on to earn Most Valuable Player honours that season.

"I'm ready to branch out," Colangelo said during a news conference Tuesday. "I've got 15 very good years behind me with respect to what's gone on in Phoenix and my participation there . . . This is just the next step in what I hope to be a long and fortuitous career."

Colangelo steps into a favourable situation in Toronto. He will have salary cap room, roster spots, a good draft pick and a budding young star in Chris Bosh.

"There's just so many positive things about the opportunity that Wayne (interim GM and team adviser Wayne Embry) has established in terms of the cap flexibility and the ability to look at free agency in a different light and perhaps explore trade opportunities to acquire the necessary pieces," said Colangelo. "It's not unlike a team we had in Phoenix a couple years ago.

---------------

Your in good hands now
This is amazing news for Raptor fans. You can't ask for much more than Colangelo running your team.
Marko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 23:53   #70
CinqueDiMaggio
Star Player

Teams: Juventus--Toronto FC
The Colangelo signing means more to the Raptors organization than anyone will ever know. It is probably the most impactful statement that we've made since we resigned Vince. I actually can't believe MLSE pulled it off but good on them.

If only now they can get one for their Banner Club, the Leafs.
CinqueDiMaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:47   #71
Ambis
Xtratime Legend

First thing he needs to do is lockup Bosh longterm.
Ambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 23:39   #72
Trip Fontaine
Rising Star

Teams: FC Barcelona
Wow....Charlie Villanueva went crazy tonight against Milwaukee 48 points!!! What a draft he's been for the Raptors so far, phenomenal! Runner up to Chris Paul for sure.
Trip Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 23:45   #73
Bengos
Legend

Teams: GALATASARAY
It's funny cuz everything was ridiculing Rob Babcock when he chose Villanueva with his first pick
Fatih Terim eats kittens
Bengos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 20:59   #74
milos
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
who saw the game last night? raps lost in double O.T to the Noklahoma hornets.mike james took every single f**kin shot im really starting to hate him.awesome games by joey graham,mopete,charlie v and even Hoffa
Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!
milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:15   #75
Marko3
Star Player

Raptors won the lottery today, which means we'll pick first in this year's draft!!!
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:22   #76
milos
Ne oprastam
Legend

yyessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss OMG i cant belive it i just shat my panties watching the draft lottery
we had a 8% chance and we got the 1st pick!!!!! im so pumped
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:30   #77
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hahahha this is pretty sweet.
Hopefully Colangelo can do something good with this pick, either keeping it or packaging it for a good player or two.
Either way I have faith in Colangelo and I wouldn't be suprised if we took Albridge at #1.

Old May 24th, 2006, 01:32   #78
Marko3
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare
Hahahha this is pretty sweet.
Hopefully Colangelo can do something good with this pick, either keeping it or packaging it for a good player or two.
Either way I have faith in Colangelo and I wouldn't be suprised if we took Albridge at #1.
Agreed. We're either taking Aldridge or trading the pick (either for an established star or trading down in the draft).

Last edited by Marko3 : May 24th, 2006 at 01:43.
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:15   #79
Mare
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I wouldn't mind Albridge, the kid looks like a gem, resembles a young Tim Duncan in ways, I know that is too early to say, but he has similar characteristics. He would also help out Bosh a great deal in our front-court, than if we could sign another experienced big-man and another back-court player, we should be looking pretty good. A lot also depends on what will happen with Mike James, seems he will be heading out...

C: Albridge
PF: Bosh
SF: Villanueva
SG: Peterson
PG: James

Bench
C: Sow/Araujo
PF: Bonner
SF: E.Williams
SG: Graham
PG: Calderon

Old May 24th, 2006, 03:10   #80
milos
Ne oprastam
Legend

please no Mike James im sick of him,he takes way to many shots in important situations