Arsenal Reserves & Arsenal Ladies - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > British & Irish Football > Arsenal
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:02   #81
Twayka
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
good to hear that song was playing well, not many ppl liked what they saw when he cam on against everton, but i think he will become a great dm midfielder.
Twayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2005, 13:33   #82
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Banfield's verdict.

NEIL BANFIELD

on the performance...
"I was very pleased with the first 45 but really disappointed with the second half. I think we got a little bit complacent and showed a real lack of professionalism. I asked them at half-time to carry on with the good work they’d done in the first half, but they just got complacent and sloppy and I’m disappointed all round really."

on the first half display...
"In the first half I was pleased with the discipline and the movement and the passing and the goals that we scored."

on his team's forward play...
"There were good plusses from all the goals really, especially the way Arturo took his first two goals. I was pleased with the combination play between the front players."

on the goals they conceded...
"We seemed to switch off from dead-ball situations and then got sloppy on the defending for their [last] two goals, but I think with young players you get that. You get the up-and-down of it and as they get older hopefully that will become less and less."

on Quincy and Smith swapping flanks...
"I said to them that I don’t mind them changing, they can both play on either flank so I left it to them. I said you can both play either side so if you want to swap, no problem, as long as we keep our team shape when we haven’t got the ball and we work properly for the team when they have the ball."

on Ryan Smith's sending-off...
"It was violent conduct for the challenge. The referee has made his decision, it was right in front of us, I think maybe a yellow card was right but he’s decided to send him off. He’s made his decision and we have to just get on with it really."

on Ryan Garry's injury...
"Ryan’s close again now. I think he should be back in training on Friday and hopefully [Johan] Djourou will be back shortly as well. Ryan’s got a hip problem. It's nothing to do with his previous ones. It's an injury that he picked up and he’ll be back within a couple of weeks."
Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
Jern Lizardhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:21   #83
lazindo17
Premier Player

Teams: ArsenaL

it was at barnet, before the match started..
"Even though I have only been here three years," Fabregas added. "Sunday will be very special for me, too.

"I made my league debut at Highbury. I will always remember that moment. My family was in the stand and it was one of the best feelings I have ever had.
lazindo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 16:19   #84
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazindo17

it was at barnet, before the match started..
great pic
Old October 3rd, 2005, 16:21   #85
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

v Chavski tonight

Vito Mannone
Kerrea Gilbert
Mitchell Murphy
Fabrice Muamba
Sean Kelly
Mathew Connolly
Patrick Cregg
Alexandre Song
Nicklas Bendtner
Arturo Lupoli
Anthony Stokes

SUBS
Shane Tracey
Michael Jordon
Giorgos Efrem
Rene Steer
Mark Randall

CHELSEA

Lenny Pidgeley
Dean Smith
Joe Tillen
Adrian Pettigrew
Steven Watt
Anthony Grant
James Younghusband
Filipe Morais
Phil Younghusband
Joe Keenan
Jonas Elmer

SUBS

Dean Furman
Yves Ma-Kalambay
James Simmonds
Jack Cork
Shaun Cummings

By Mohsin Khan

Top-of-the-table Arsenal entertain Chelsea tonight as Neil Banfield’s side try to make it five Reserve League wins out of seven this season.

The Arsenal manager has named a very young side for the London derby at Barnet FC’s Underhill Stadium.

Winger Ryan Smith, who has been outstanding for the Reserves this term, last week joined Leicester City on loan until the end of the year and is replaced by Mitchell Murphy in tonight’s starting line-up.

Of the remaining 10 players who started the match against Portsmouth last time out, Philippe Senderos, Sebastian Larsson, Emmanuel Eboue and the livewire Quincy are all missing.

In their place Banfield names Fabrice Muamba, Sean Kelly, Patrick Cregg and Anthony Stokes.

Despite his side's tender years, Banfield will be confident they can find the net with the prolific 'little n' large' strike partnership of Italian Arturo Lupoli and Dane Nicklas Bendtner in tandem up front.

Between them the duo have scored an amazing 14 goals from just nine starts this season and Lupoli has claimed two hat-tricks along the way.

Another tonight and the Brecia-born marksman will further his claims for a first-team role sooner rather than later.

The reserves next home game will be on Tuesday, October 18 against Fulham. As ever, it will be played at Barnet FC, kick-off 7pm and entrance is free. For a full list of fixtures click here.

----------------------------------------------------------

another hat-trick for the Wolf ? :hopefull:
Old October 3rd, 2005, 21:12   #86
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Arse 0-0 Chavski

sounds like even Chavski's kids are being brought up as bores like the 1st team.
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:48   #87
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Banfield's verdict.

NEIL BANFIELD

on the performance...
"I think the teams mirrored the way the Arsenal and Chelsea first teams play. Two good young sides — I thought it was a good standard. Obviously Chelsea gave us a few tactical problems that we dealt with and I was pleased with our discipline and the way we’ve gone about their job. Really, one or two might have just gone our way and we could have sneaked it. Even in the first half I was pleased with periods where we defended and then we broke [forward]. Maybe we needed a little more quality on the ball, which we spoke about at half-time, and when we do get possession, not to rush it and take a little more care and time. In the second half that improved so overall I was really pleased."

on Arturo Lupoli's chances...
"Tonight wasn’t his night, but he’s got in there again, he’s had two good chances, that is his game. Again he’s had two good scoring opportunities, on another night they go in but against a tough back four he’s got two good chances."

on the young players...
"There’s a lot of young players who, with the experience of playing with the Reserves and training with the first team, are coming along really well. I think these kind of games are really good for them. There are three or four there who have done really well."

on Fabrice Muamba's progress...
"He’s another lad who’s been doing well for [Steve] Bould in the youth team and he’s come in tonight, he’s done well and hopefully we can keep him going. He’ll develop over the years and hopefully we may have a midfield player on our hands."

on breaking down Chelsea...
"The lads were saying how difficult it was to break them down and score. I think with the way they defend and get people behind the ball it is difficult to break them down but we’ve made three or four good chances so I’ve said to them, ‘that was a tough game tonight tactically and also the things that we’ve worked on we’ve still carved out a few chances’. We’ll go home well pleased tonight."

on winning the Reserve League...
"I have always said that we see this as a development stage but our development is winning. We want to breed winners at Arsenal Football Club and I think we’re up there and we want to win it. We’ll always keep to our belief of playing the right way and using this as a development area, but if we’re up there to win it we want to win everything."
Old October 4th, 2005, 13:21   #88
henryrules
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
I did not go last night as i was not feeling well.
Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now
henryrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 13:48   #89
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

sounds like you didn't miss much, the Chav bores came and parked the bus just like the 1st team does.
Old October 5th, 2005, 00:38   #90
lazindo17
Premier Player

as i know my off day only on wednesday...on monday nite i just stay around the kitchen, and try to keep my body warm....this bloody winter is in the air..I have to respect London's Weather...
"Even though I have only been here three years," Fabregas added. "Sunday will be very special for me, too.

"I made my league debut at Highbury. I will always remember that moment. My family was in the stand and it was one of the best feelings I have ever had.
Old October 5th, 2005, 15:05   #91
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazindo17
as i know my off day only on wednesday...on monday nite i just stay around the kitchen, and try to keep my body warm....this bloody winter is in the air..I have to respect London's Weather...

don't let henryrules here you say that, he will label you a softie
Old October 5th, 2005, 15:56   #92
lazindo17
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jern Lizardhous
don't let henryrules here you say that, he will label you a softie
A softie? its fair enuff

actually, since the first time i came to london 4 years ago, i had a problem with my legs..if the Weather's getting cold, then the vein come up and feel pain..its looks like i was 60 years old granddad with plenty of grandkidss..

Old October 5th, 2005, 15:58   #93
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Reyes has the same problems as you

don't worry it only takes about 50 years to get used to it, only trouble is by then you will be a Grandad.
Old October 5th, 2005, 19:27   #94
henryrules
World Class Player

You softie you are.

Old October 10th, 2005, 15:27   #95
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal

The Barclays Reserve League South
Stevenage Borough FC, Broadhall Way
Monday, October 10, 2005
Kick-off: 7pm

By Mohsin Khan

Arsenal face local rivals Tottenham at Broadhall Way tonight as manager Neil Banfield names an almost unchanged line-up.

Manuel Almunia’s inclusion in goal is the only change from the team which drew 0-0 with Arsenal’s other main capital foes, Chelsea, at Underhill last week. Vito Mannone drops to the substitutes' bench with Michael Jordan not involved.

Meanwhile, the prolific young strike force of Arturo Lupoli and Nicklas Bendtner, who for once failed to find the net against the Blues, start in attack for the Gunners.

With their potent attacking pair in tandem again tonight, Arsenal will look to secure their fifth win of the season.

And their form this term certainly points towards an Arsenal triumph. On the two previous occasions Banfield’s side have dropped points this season, away to Coventry City and at home to Crystal Palace, Arsenal have scored five in the next match.

Another five goals tonight would complete a wonderful hat-trick for this talented team of youngsters, and perhaps whet the appetite for the forthcoming Premiership encounter between the clubs at White Hart Lane at the end of October.

The Reserves' next home game will be on Monday, November 14 against Southampton. As ever, it will be played at Barnet FC, kick-off 7pm and entrance is free. For a full list of fixtures click here.

ARSENAL

Manuel Almunia
Kerrea Gilbert
Mitchell Murphy
Fabrice Muamba
Sean Kelly
Matthew Connolly
Patrick Cregg
Alexandre Song
Nicklas Bendtner
Arturo Lupoli
Anthony Stokes

SUBS
Shane Tracy
Vito Mannone
Giorgios Efrem
Jay Simpson

--------------------------------------------------------------

looks like all the talk about our first teamers playing was a lot of crap, oh well.
Old October 10th, 2005, 20:35   #96
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

1-0 so far, Bendtner with the goal

Bendtner and Lupoli must be the deadliest strike duo around at the moment.
Old October 10th, 2005, 21:03   #97
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

2-0 the Wolf

Old October 10th, 2005, 21:26   #98
Jern Lizardhous
Xtratime Elite

Arsenal's promise to field big guns did not materialise, unless you count Almunia, in tonights reserve derby. Bergkamp, Cygan and Pires did not play.

Both clubs fielded young sides, but when Lupoli missed a penalty in the first half it looked like Arsenal might foul up.

But goals by Bendtner and Lupoli saw the reserves cruise to an easy victory.The Arsenal defence had a good night, and in the second half rarely looked like conceding.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:30   #99
henryrules
World Class Player

You go to the game Jern.

Old October 11th, 2005, 15:55   #100
panicos
International

Teams: Arsenal
Lupoli is a scoring sensation, I would liek to see him on the bench for a couple of Premier League games to see what he can do. too often we groom good players in reserves only never to give them a chance.

I would like all teams to pick 7 subs, 3 of whom haveto be under 20.
panicos is offline   Reply With Quote