The Tranfers and Rumors Topic - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Other Nations > Greek Football
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 16th, 2005, 15:19   #101
Christos7
Premier Player

Teams: Olympiakos, Hellas
I really hope Karagouni goes to Schalke!!
Christos7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2005, 06:18   #102
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
In other transfer news, Chievo have signed Greek midfielder Antonios Natsouras on a free from Torino.

channel4
My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Carson35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:52   #103
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Bolton rap Liverpool over Stelios push
tribalfootball.com - August 25, 2005

Bolton Wanderers have fired a warning at Liverpool over their pursuit of midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has branded Liverpool's behaviour "morally wrong" after they confirmed they want to sign Stelios.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez confirmed he hopes to land the 31-year-old Greek star before the transfer deadline.

He admitted he has held talks with Bolton counterpart Sam Allardyce.

But Gartside said: "I am disappointed that on the eve of a match a fellow Premiership club has gone public with their interest - it is morally wrong."

Gartside is unhappy that Liverpool, like Manchester City, have announced their interest just hours before Bolton play Newcastle and fears Giannakopoulos will be unsettled by the link.

But he warned: "Liverpool have not made an offer for Stelios. I am aware that they are likely to make an offer soon but if they don't meet our valuation of over £2m then we won't be talking to them."

Benitez said: "Our chief executive Rick Parry is talking with their chairman (Phil Gartside) about the possibility of a deal.

"I also spoke to Sam Allardyce about the player because we need to know if he'd be available."

Benitez added: "At this moment Stelios is one possibility for us. We are working hard to strengthen the squad before the deadline."

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:49   #104
g00nis
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
This isnt fair to Giannakopoulos or Bolton, these teams need to make up their minds and do it in a private fashion until the deal is done. Stelios played well today though and Im glad because it shows hes committed to Bolton.

g00nis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 16:24   #105
Light-of-Turin
Rookie

Last edited by Light-of-Turin : October 27th, 2007 at 05:29.
Light-of-Turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 16:31   #106
Evil 37
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne HFC -AEK FC - Hellas Verona FC
Yep!
" The thing is though, no matter how bad your team happens to be, you will still love them. Divorce is not an option in the world of football supporting, it really is a case of death do us part."

AEK till I die!

Ale Viola! FORZA BUTEI!

"I shall always recognise you by the dreadful sword you hold...................."

"Die Mannschaft von down under kommt nach oben"
Evil 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 17:19   #107
Light-of-Turin
Rookie

Last edited by Light-of-Turin : October 27th, 2007 at 05:22.
Light-of-Turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 06:48   #108
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

AC Milan consider free agent Dellas
tribalfootball.com - August 26, 2005

AC Milan are considering a move for ex-AS Roma defender Traianos Dellas.
Despite reports of an agreement with Spartak Moscow, Dellas remains without a club and is currently training on his own in Greece.

Milan are weighing up a move for the Greece international as cover for veteran Paolo Maldini.

Old August 27th, 2005, 09:35   #109
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

AC Milan keeper Eleftheropoulos on way to Siena
tribalfootball.com - August 27, 2005

AC Milan goalkeeper Dimi Eleftheropoulos is set to sign for Siena.
The Greece international only joined Milan this summer on a free transfer from Cagliari, but will be immediately loaned out to Siena for the new season.

Former Perugia goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac will act as understudy to Milan No1 Dida this campaign.

Old August 30th, 2005, 04:15   #110
Guayaquileño
Rookie

Teams: Real Madrid
Hey guys I am Cameroonian and am trying to track my country's players in Greece. Is there a definitive list or a site which has all the offseason transfers in Greece? If it's in Greek I can run it through an online translator to read it.

I know there are Feutchine (PAOK), Epalle (Iraklis) and Ebede (Panathinaikos) but I was looking at Galanis Sports Data's site, www.galanissportsdata.com and a couple of players who last year were with particular clubs didn't seem to be on their club's opening day rosters this season. I am referring to Jean Denis Ouanga (Kallithea), Didier Manga (Atromitos) and Thierry Abouna (Larissa). I'm also wondering what happened with Samuel Inogue, Dorge Kouemaha and Eugene Fomumbod with relegated Aris Salonika? I believe all 3 were released but have they caught on with another club? Also is Nana Falemi still with relegated Ergotelis? Am I missing any other Cameroon players in Greece? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Guayaquileño is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 00:09   #111
AMOROSO!
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
Abouna is still in Larisa's roster. Ouanga was released by Kalithea, and I don't think Manga is with Atromitos anymore.

The 3 Cameroonians of Aris were indeed released and none of them plays in Greece.
AMOROSO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:00   #112
Guayaquileño
Rookie

Teams: Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
Abouna is still in Larisa's roster. Ouanga was released by Kalithea, and I don't think Manga is with Atromitos anymore.

The 3 Cameroonians of Aris were indeed released and none of them plays in Greece.
Thanks for the info. Yes I now see that Abouna is with Larissa as I ran their website through an online translator. He just wasn't on the match day roster for the opening game for his club.
Guayaquileño is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:18   #113
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Inter’s Karagounis joins Benfica Tuesday 30 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giorgios Karagounis has ended his two-year stay at Inter by signing for Portuguese champions Benfica.

The 28-year-old, who won the 2004 European Championships with Greece, has signed a three-year contract.

The Prgos-born player joined the Nerazzurri in 2003 on a free transfer from Panathinaikos, but made just 20 League appearances for the club.

Karagounis, who has moved for an undisclosed fee, was netted at the specific request of boss Ronald Koeman.

Benfica, guided to the Portuguese title by Giovanni Trapattoni last term, have made their worst start to a season since 1977 following a defeat and a draw in their first two games.

channel4

Old August 31st, 2005, 11:37   #114
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Mallorca swoop for Inter Milan striker Choutos
tribalfootball.com - August 31, 2005

Real Mallorca will welcome new signing Lampros Choutos today.
The Inter Milan striker agreed terms earlier this week with Mallorca and his transfer was confirmed last night by club officials.

Greece international Choutos arrives at Mallorca as a replacement for Luis Garcia, who joined Espanyol a fortnight ago.

Choutos will spend today thrashing out personal terms after Mallorca confirmed a deal had been struck with Inter on Monday.

Old September 1st, 2005, 05:49   #115
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

CHOUTOS LOANED TO MALLORCA
Wednesday, 31 August 2005 15:13:37
MILAN - Greek striker Lampros Choutos has joined Mallora from Inter on a season-long loan. At Mallorca Choutos teams up with Alessandro Potenza, another Nerazzurri-owned player on loan to the Spanish club.

inter.it

Old September 1st, 2005, 06:53   #116
Icarus
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
Good move for Choutos if he can get playing time with them.
To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 10:45   #117
AMOROSO!
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
If I was Choutos, I'd gave up on football. He'll never get playing time anywhere because he's a selfish punk.
AMOROSO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 00:55   #118
CON318
Rising Star

Teams: Panathinaikos,Boca NT:Hellas,Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
If I was Choutos, I'd gave up on football. He'll never get playing time anywhere because he's a selfish punk.
GOD DEAMN RIGHT!!
Choutos must be the only player in the world that became millionair without playing 90' in ONE SINGLE game !!!!
CON318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 01:29   #119
Greek_Goona
Star Player

Teams: ARSENAL, Greece, Cyprus
Great move for Kara this week eh

''My family and girlfriend did not want to move. Its hard when your a teenager to go to another country. BUT WHEN YOUR AN ARSENAL PLAYER, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.'' - Cesc Fabregas
Greek_Goona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:45   #120
Carson35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Dellas to cross Rome divide? Sunday 4 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma defender Traianos Dellas is ready to sign for Lazio on a free transfer, according to reports in Greece.

The Euro 2004 winner has not had his contract renewed after three years with the Giallorossi and had been expected to return to the Premiership, where he featured for Sheffield United between 1997 and ’99.

Instead, it’s believed he will remain in Rome and move to their arch rivals Lazio, who are looking for a new defender to replace Fernando Couto.

Before the move can be completed, the Biancocelesti must sell a member of their squad and the most likely to go is Felice Piccolo. The Under-21 international is set to join Ascoli on loan, as the newly promoted side is allowed to work on the transfer market for another week due to the lateness of their decision.

Dellas would not be the first player to wear both the Roma and Lazio jerseys, as he follows in the footsteps of Angelo Peruzzi, Sinisa Mihajlovic and Roberto Muzzi.

channel4