Xtratime Community banner

Balkan Football League????

14K views 345 replies 17 participants last post by  Poland-Cement 
G
#1 ·
royal league(skandinavia liga) strated today and the question is when(IF) the Adrijatic soccer league will start and be reality.

Adrijatic basketboll league(Goodyear league) is a bigg success and is time for soccer to follow royal league and goodyear liga.

The skandinavian say that royal league will help skandinavian teams to do better in europ for that reason they will play against good teams constant and that will help them to develop for international games.

Will a balkan league help to develop the balkan teams and will it be reality soon with balkan soccer league? will it be a public success and so on.

#2 ·
many people talked about it but we never saw anything... this could only be a good thing if we are organized well and it would help our players to improve faster because of the quality of the challengers but some questions are important like TV rights, distances to make and schedules, the members of the league (from slovenia to Romania and Greece ?), and so on.

#3 ·
Adrijatic basketboll league(Goodyear league) is a bigg success
Err, no it isn't. In fact I hope it will soon cease to exist, or at least that the Serbian teams will withdraw.

I'm against leagues that thrive on nationalistic hatred. Not to mention when they don't do much for your sport, either.

G
#4 ·
Andrija PFC said:
Err, no it isn't. In fact I hope it will soon cease to exist, or at least that the Serbian teams will withdraw.

I'm against leagues that thrive on nationalistic hatred. Not to mention when they don't do much for your sport, either.
When will we stop with this nationalistic shit in the balkans?????? Can we not just start the liga for that reason it will help our teams to develop :rolleyes: The Skandinavians did that today and is time for us to and our big teams in croatia,serbia,bosna,macedonia,slovenia have problems with public anyway and this will make more interest and will give the clubs more sponsor money.

#5 ·
You don't understand what I'm saying. A lot of the initial interest in the GY league was due to nationalistic reasons. Delije wanted to go to games just becase Zvezda was playing Croat teams, just so they could go and chant "ubi, zakolji...". On the other hand fans in Zadar would go to games just so they could pelter the Serbian teams with rocks. Is this a healthy atmosphere? Does this help relations between the countries? I think not. Now that this has worn off somewhat, some GYL games have only 200 - 500 spectators...and I am also against the GYL for basketball reasons (poor selection of teams, etc.). On the other hand, a "GYL" for football would probably be better for the regions' football than the basketball GYL has done for Serbia's basketball, but I am still against it for the reason I stated above. I don't like the idea of people going to games just to express their hatred of the "enemy", and this will be a large reason for people to come to games...

#6 ·
I don't like the idea of people going to games just to express their hatred of the "enemy", and this will be a large reason for people to come to games...
Thats exactly what happens and why it will not work, but people in Scandanavia are civilized so thats why there league works.By the way i heard Partizan wants out of the GY league.

G
#7 ·
Andrija PFC said:
You don't understand what I'm saying. A lot of the initial interest in the GY league was due to nationalistic reasons. Delije wanted to go to games just becase Zvezda was playing Croat teams, just so they could go and chant "ubi, zakolji...". On the other hand fans in Zadar would go to games just so they could pelter the Serbian teams with rocks. Is this a healthy atmosphere? Does this help relations between the countries? I think not. Now that this has worn off somewhat, some GYL games have only 200 - 500 spectators...and I am also against the GYL for basketball reasons (poor selection of teams, etc.). On the other hand, a "GYL" for football would probably be better for the regions' football than the basketball GYL has done for Serbia's basketball, but I am still against it for the reason I stated above. I don't like the idea of people going to games just to express their hatred of the "enemy", and this will be a large reason for people to come to games...
It's very sad to hear about the problems in the GYL liga!!! Fersped Rabotnicki will be the first Macedonian team to play in the GYL liga next year. The people in GYL told Rabotnicki two week ago that they will play with start next year. The problems earlier was that Skopje did not have ant good indoor arena but we will have one super new arena next year with 8.500 chair and thats way the GYL people give Fersped green light for next year. The arena was made for the euro handball championships who will be organize by macedonia 2008 but the basketball teams and the NT will use the arena.

I really hope for a soccer version of GYL in the future! all ex yugo team need that liga to develop and bring more many. EX-yugoslava lose the best player every year abroad and is time to act.

G
#8 ·
thepretender said:
many people talked about it but we never saw anything... this could only be a good thing if we are organized well and it would help our players to improve faster because of the quality of the challengers but some questions are important like TV rights, distances to make and schedules, the members of the league (from slovenia to Romania and Greece ?), and so on.
Grecce have no use for balkan liga! they have a strong liga and play in the CL. The liga will be for EX-Yugo teams i hope. Romania??????

This is my dream liga

Vardar
Zvezda
Partizan
Hajduk
Dinamo
Zeleznicar
Sarajevo
Maribor

#9 ·
Grecce have no use for balkan liga! they have a strong liga and play in the CL. The liga will be for EX-Yugo teams i hope. Romania??????
Screw Greece and Romania if anything we should have an Ex-Yugo league back in the 70's and 80's the Yugoslav league was probably better than any balkan or eastern european league ever, i mean any time i talk to someone who lived in those days they say back then people packed the stadiums the interest was huge and this crappy leagues we have right now are just a 2nd or 3rd divison leagues compared to the one back then.Any way you put it the break up of Yugoslavia killed one of the best league's in Europe period.

#11 ·
Player denied entry to Croatia over tattoo

BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro (AP) - A Serbian basketball player was banned from entering Croatia because of a nationalist tattoo on his arm that authorities said was inflammatory.
Milan Gurovic, who also is on the Serbia-Montenegro national team, was barred from travelling to Zagreb, where his team plays a regional league game Sunday.
The tattoo is ``considered as an incitement ... of racial, national or religious hatred,'' which is banned by Croatian laws, Croatian Interior Ministry spokesman Zlatko Mehun said.
Mehun said police also would act if a Croatian player displays similar symbols. This was the first time Croatia applied such a measure on a foreign athlete.
``Things have left the boundaries of sports and moved into politics,'' said Dragan Todorov, an official with the Serbian team Partizan Belgrade. He added that the club plans to complain to basketball governing bodies.
The tattoo is of Draza Mihajlovic, whose troops during World War II were allied with fascists in Croatia and are blamed for slaying hundreds of Croats. Mihajlovic was executed by the Communists. Serb nationalists had declared Mihajlovic their hero, naming their paramilitary units after his guerrilla fighters.
Serbia and Croatia fought in the 1990s following the breakup of Yugoslavia, a war that claimed about 10,000 lives.

Well here is another reason why it will be very hard to start a Balkan league.

#12 ·
there is no need for a Balkan League, it will be just like the Goodyear League. It might create interest early but as in continues the crowds will be low and the only people going to the match will not be there to watch football. Whenever Hajduk play Dinamo there is a lot of trouble, I can't picture what will happen when Hajduk play Red Star or Partizan.
Remember Dinamo vs. Partizan a few seasons ago? it was a FRIENDLY match in SWITZERLAND and still the game was forced to be stopped due to fan violence.

#13 ·
It might create interest early but as in continues the crowds will be low and the only people going to the match will not be there to watch football. Whenever Hajduk play Dinamo there is a lot of trouble, I can't picture what will happen when Hajduk play Red Star or Partizan.
I dont agree with you that the crowds will be low i mean the crowds are low right now and the leagues are crap so by adding more talented teams there would be a lot more interest, but i do agree that there will be tons of trouble i remember maksimir 1990 and that was hell, altough i think the crowds inside the stadium could be controlled by having enough security in place but outside the stadium would be a different story.

Remember Dinamo vs. Partizan a few seasons ago? it was a FRIENDLY match in SWITZERLAND and still the game was forced to be stopped due to fan violence.
Yes i do remember and that was nuts :irritate:

#15 ·
It could be a nice thing,I don't know,but first of all Royal League in scandinavia is possible because of the good organization ,don't forget that..in the balkans this is crap for the moment,and then you ofcourse have the thing about crazy people not going for the match ,but because they hate the other team.

G
#17 ·
Emirho said:
It could be a nice thing,I don't know,but first of all Royal League in scandinavia is possible because of the good organization ,don't forget that..in the balkans this is crap for the moment,and then you ofcourse have the thing about crazy people not going for the match ,but because they hate the other team.

Well i hope that some big sponsor can organization balkan League if balkan league com to reality. Hajduk, NHL :happy: is a joke, only 2 matches of the year brig big audience and passion.

#19 ·
Not really: anytime Dinamo and Hajduk come to a team like Zadar, Inter etc.. the crowds are always big. Rijeka-Hajduk also draw big crowds, NK Zagreb-Dinamo draw good crowds, this season Rijeka-Pula 1856 had a good attendance and of course Dinamo-Hajduk always have sell outs. Also have you seen our table, basically eight teams are fighting for the top! What other league can say that where maybe 2-3 teams are running away with it.

G
#20 ·
HajdukSplit said:
Not really: anytime Dinamo and Hajduk come to a team like Zadar, Inter etc.. the crowds are always big. Rijeka-Hajduk also draw big crowds, NK Zagreb-Dinamo draw good crowds, this season Rijeka-Pula 1856 had a good attendance and of course Dinamo-Hajduk always have sell outs. Also have you seen our table, basically eight teams are fighting for the top! What other league can say that where maybe 2-3 teams are running away with it.
The Croatian league have no quality! das not matter if the league are even. I mean at least audience between 20,000 and 30,000 and it's only possible in the hajduk-dinamo matches.

The balkan league(IF) will not have audience like spain,italy england or germany with audience between 50.000 and 100.000 but it will have at least 20.000 which is better than the Hajduk-Kaman or Partizan-Zemun matches, and of course Vardar-Cementarnica :dielaugh:

#21 ·
NAUM MAKEDONSKI said:
The Croatian league have no quality!
Then why are our youth teams always doing well in Europe when 99% of them play in the Croatian League? Look at our U21’s, very successful and all but 2 play in Croatia. Our U19’s has nobody playing abroad and we made it to the next round. Croatia and Serbia are the only teams doing well in these competitions and the majority of the players are domestic.

#22 ·
Hajduk, our U21s do well as well but our league still sucks. And it's ranked higher than yours.

#23 ·
It is ranked higher because your teams do a bit better in Europe, Partizan made it to the Champions League past season and this season we both have one team in the UEFA Cup group stages but Red Star went further than Hajduk in the CL qualifiers…but lets not talk about that ;)

The thing is, I don’t think the Croatian league is bad.

G
#24 ·
HajdukSplit said:
It is ranked higher because your teams do a bit better in Europe, Partizan made it to the Champions League past season and this season we both have one team in the UEFA Cup group stages but Red Star went further than Hajduk in the CL qualifiers…but lets not talk about that ;)

The thing is, I don’t think the Croatian league is bad.
If you don't do results in europ that automatic mean that the league is bad. Serbia and Croatia are great soccer nations but that do not reflect on the league cuz the best players go abroad. Macedonia and Bosnia have the same problem and money rule in europ, lets do the best of the situation and bring the Balkan league soon. Lets face it, Vardar and rabotnicki will at least be in top 5 in croatia, Vardar beat Hajduk 2 years ago and Inter to, friendly games it was. Rabotnicki playd against Zvezda this year in antalya turkey(friendly) Zvezda won 1-0 but Rabotnicki out playd Zvezda, Bojan Djorcic scord from the spot in this years match.

Com on! we need an Balkan liga. Vardar have shown that we can play against great team the last year, we beat CSKA moskva 2-1,1-1, Prag 2-2 away and 1-1 home against Roma, we beat AA Gent this year to. We will do great in balkan liga.

G
#26 · (Edited)
HajdukSplit said:
Why, so a player can get hit in the head with a rock? A fan gets stabbed in the crowd? So no kids can go to the matches?
Friendly matches don’t mean shit, Osijek beat Partizan in a friendly this season but I don’t say that Osijek are better than P-zan.
The games against CSKA,Sparta,Roma,AA Gent was not Friendly, But Friendly beetwen Vardar and hajduk or Rabotnicki -Zvezda means a lot.

Lest face it! it's time to stop this nationalist shit on balkan and lets do like the skandinaviens to develop when our best player live the liga every year.

PS! Vardar and Rabotnicki will maybe even win the Croatian liga or in serbia. Pobeda Prilep beat the croatia champions NK Zagreb two yers ago in europ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.