Does the Axe Effect actually work? - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > Off Topic > Community > Love & Dating
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 13th, 2003, 04:38   #1
Kappa20
BANNED!
Rising Star

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Ajax, Inter Milan, ISRAEL NT!!!!
Does the Axe Effect actually work?

Do you think the Axe effect deodorant body spray actually works in attracting females?

There whole campaign was about spraying some in the chest area and all around, and walla.....next thing you know women will be chasing you...no matter of your age...or waht not.

That was there motto when they started. I remember just before the Axe got big, they had these really amature commercials....3 of them i belive...which show:
a) A Cheerleader in a US High Football game, chasing a runner and jumping on him and ripping off his jockie pants...
b) A family reunion, where a girl rams her male cousin and starts making out with him infront of the family and granny
c) At a kid sister b-day at a kids entertainment zone (chuck E. Cheese, etc..) a male employee comes to the party room and the older sister, quickly grabs secretly the males Groin...

So is Axe effect telling us something different, cause there was liquids back in the hey-day of the late 90's in rolling stones add's that talked about attracting people threw scent? Can it be that the Axe is the one, eventhough the add said it cost 39.99 and the Axe cost somewhere of around 3.99 US?
Kappa20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2003, 07:01   #2
lili pot de colle

well, i think the smell is associated with the personality.
the smell is something you never forget.
all i want to say it's you can choose the spray you like, but pity! don't put to much of it. i must say that the men's spray are difficult to support the morning.
a parfum should be guessed and not be agressive.
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:12   #3
lili pot de colle

and for answer to the question, the axe works actually if you look like the guy of the commercial some years ago (the one in the airport)
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:50   #4
Phoenix
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally posted by lili pot de colle
and for answer to the question, the axe works actually if you look like the guy of the commercial some years ago (the one in the airport)
There's one part of the AXE effect.
To answer more seriously: as Kappa pointed out, there had been some perfume manufacturers in the States that made pherimone-based fragrances, as they can be picked up by humans through smell. They even did a study on pherimones in a movie theatre: near a group of males, they placed a packet of "female" scent, and upon being interviewed about the feature, most of the subjects reported having...er...enjoyed the movie on a certain level more than they had expected.
Then, they tried the same experiment on a group of females (of course, they replaced the "female" scent with "male" scent). Though most of the subjects in that group had the same reaction as their male counterparts, almost all of them reported a certain musty, sweatlike smell in the area. Iiiiiinteresting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2003, 12:31   #5
Scarf
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: ACF Fiorentina 1926
Oh please!

Yes we are attracted more so to people who smell good..but these are just adverts!
Ask and it is given
Scarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 15:07   #6
koreancrew
Star Player

Teams: Korea, Turkey, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor
no way, the axe effect works like a charm
Korea brothas with Turkey

Lee Chun-Soo, warrior of the asians

Galatasaray & Real Sociedad, 4eva the best

Hong Myun-Bo
[url=http://www.soccerage.com/en/00/58347a.jpg
koreancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 18:26   #7
Anton
Rising Star

Teams: F.C. Dynamo Kyiv, A.C. Milan & Ukraine NT
The Axe smell or any other smell for that matter has varried effects on different people. I've personally tried Axe as well and did not notice anything different from my female friends and acquitances. However, when I bought some Calvin Klein Eternity colone it was noticed almost right away. I'm especially happy with it cause the girl that I really like notices and comments on it every time

Last edited by Anton : October 17th, 2003 at 18:55.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 22:14   #8
Bastin
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
I don't know about the 'Axe Effect', but the 'Lynx Effect' is complete bollocks.
Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacìni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "
Bastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 23:24   #9
Kappa20
BANNED!
Rising Star

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Ajax, Inter Milan, ISRAEL NT!!!!
I tried the new Essence perfume...Its pretty powerful and i think it does the trick

A couple of ladies walked up to me
Kappa20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2003, 16:36   #10
MVB
Rising Star

LMAO@Bastin, the thread confused me for a minute too

It doesn't work to the extent of the adverts, obviously... but it certainly does help in painting the bigger picture. Birds love the smell of Lynx/Axe so it can't possibly hurt to wear it. You've still gotta be well presented, flirty and confident yourself though - fact!
MVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:35   #11
Prince-O
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
The Axe effect sucks. I hate Axe, there are far better Deodorants around. Actually, I rather have a Deo with a less present smell, so people smell my perfume instead.

Gotta admit one thing, there are a lot of commercials with pretty girls, but Axe is really beyond that. Where do they find these girls!
Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
Prince-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:32   #12
Phoenix
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince-O
Gotta admit one thing, there are a lot of commercials with pretty girls, but Axe is really beyond that. Where do they find these girls!
My guess would be these places called "modelling agencies."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:52   #13
Prince-O
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
My guess would be these places called "modelling agencies."
Really? Never heard of such a thing

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
Old October 28th, 2003, 13:41   #14
MVB
Rising Star

Well I honestly, truly have had a couple of gurls tell me they love the smell of Lynx/Axe... especially the Africa one. I dunno if you get that on mainland Europe though?
Old October 28th, 2003, 14:54   #15
Prince-O
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Delantero
Well I honestly, truly have had a couple of gurls tell me they love the smell of Lynx/Axe... especially the Africa one. I dunno if you get that on mainland Europe though?
We do

Old October 28th, 2003, 14:58   #16
MVB
Rising Star

Good stuff

Well in terms of the start of the thread, it definately does NOT attract girls 'magically' - nothing can do that apart from a confident personality and/or good looks, but it certainly does help things once everything's running along nicely.
Old October 28th, 2003, 20:31   #17
lili pot de colle

i think the men using aftershave with musc in it, are more attractive
Old October 28th, 2003, 23:27   #18
MVB
Rising Star

So lili im sure u will agree, that when a man also smells nice, AS WELL as possessing other important qualities, then he is that lil bit more attractive?
Old October 29th, 2003, 17:22   #19
lili pot de colle

Quote:
Originally posted by Delantero
So lili im sure u will agree, that when a man also smells nice, AS WELL as possessing other important qualities, then he is that lil bit more attractive?
yes, i think so
as i said in a previous post, the smell is a part of the guy, the last thing you forget. the smell stay in the memory more than the look, the touch, the taste.
Old October 29th, 2003, 17:50   #20
MVB
Rising Star

*takes a bow*

I thank you