Italian younger national teams - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
Go Back   Xtratime Community > European Football > Italian Football > Italian National Team
Register Blogs FAQ Prediction League Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 20th, 2003, 11:47   #81
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Under 16 France 2-0 Italy

Italy unfrotunately lost the final 2-0 to France but a positive little tournament for Italy! Italy wasted many opportunities but France played th game well!

Italy 5-0 USA
Italy 2-0 Germany
Italy 0-2 France

They were the results
XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2003, 16:47   #82
Mikey
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Italian NT
Disappointing to lose to France but they arguably have the best youth set up and are very strong.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2003, 09:13   #83
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

In Liechtenstein, FROM JULY 16 TO 26 EUROPEAN UNDER 19: ITALY DEBUTS AGAINST NORWAY

The final phase of the Under 19 European championships will be held in Liechtenstein from July 16 to the 26. Italy belongs to group A together with Liechtenstein, Portugal and Norway. France, the Czech Republic, England and Austria are part of group B.
The Italians will debut on July 16 in Balzera (at 6:30 pm) against Norway. On the 18th, Italy plays against Portugal at 3:30 pm in Eschen-Mauren, while on the 20th Italy will play against the home team in Balzera (6:30 pm). The semifinals are scheduled for Wednesday, July 23, the final on Saturday, the 26th at 8:00 pm.

The Under 19 team advanced to the final phase of the European Championships after having won against all six their opponents (Lithuania, Armenia and Slovakia in the first phase and Latria, Georgia and North Ireland in the second phase played in Andria and Bisceglie). Results that increase the optimism shown by Paolo Berrettini, who, in any case, always sees a half-full glass and not a half empty one, and the results have proved him right: "I am convinced - said the federal coach - that I have a very good team on my hands. I have coaching this team for four years and it has won everywhere. I know the limits and the qualities of my players: this is why I can say that we can go all the way. The group is not an easy group, but at this point no team can be considered weaker than another: if they have reached the finals, it means they are the best teams. And we are part of this group."

Berrettini has played against Portugal only once in a friendly match and won, while he has never played against Norway and Liechtenstein. Today, the Under 19 coach released the list of players called for the matches: starting July 7, 22 players will start training at Sportilia, but only eighteen of these players will leave for the final phase of the European Championships.

Here is the list of players:

Goalkeepers: Ivaldi (Genoa), Paoloni (Roma, Villanova (Cittadella Padova)
Defenders: Armenise (Bari), Bellotti (Atalanta), Ferronetti (Roma), Mantovani (Torino), Potenza (Internazionale), Scurto (Roma)
Midfielders: Aquilani (Roma), Chiellini (Livorno), D'Astolfo (Lodigiani), Laner (Hellas Verona), Lodi (Empoli), Morici (Lazio), Padoin (Atalanta), Perico (Atalanta), Stefani (Milan)
Forwards: Della Rocca (Bologna), Gibbs (Parma), Palladino (Juventus), Pazzini (Atalanta)

The U19 team is very promising, Paoloni, Ferronetti, Aquilani and Scurto from Roma

Lodi, Della Rocca, Pazzini, Gibbs, Padoin, Mantovani etc are all promising also. 1 player whos not there is Pederzoli who is really good!
Old June 27th, 2003, 11:37   #84
pirri
Star Player

Teams: BLAAH
Lodi is the best of the them all..his left foot is somthing similer to that of roberto rivelino

lodi is easily the best player hear..aquiliani..well ive seen him play often and i think is a bit overhyped
Fiorentina- Sign Stefano Fiore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.conceição
i remember him teaming up with toni very very well, in 2006 or 2007 where you guys finished 4th place.
why on earth didn't you sign him? for as little as 2 million valencia asked, sure he was worth it !

now he's stuck somewhere in cosenza i believe, but surely his carreer could have turned out other way, if la viola took him over.
(march 27th 2010)
pirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2003, 17:48   #85
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Della Rocca is also a very good centre forward!!!!
Old July 16th, 2003, 15:08   #86
Jose luis pirri
International
International

Teams: Barcelona, Inter, Liverpool, Argentina
The Under 19 European championships start today, Italy play Norway in their first match.

The squad:

Goalkeepers: Ivaldi (Genoa), Paoloni (Roma);
Defenders: Bellotti (Atalanta), Ferronetti (Roma), Mantovani (Torino), Potenza (Inter), Scurto (Roma)
Midfielders: Aquilani (Roma), Chiellini (Livorno), D'Astolfo (Lodigiani), Laner (Verona), Lodi (Empoli), Padoin (Atalanta), Perico (Atalanta), Stefani (Milan)
Forwards: Della Rocca (Bologna), Palladino (Juventus), Pazzini (Atalanta).

Visit http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/index.html for the all the info about this tournament. You can also view the TV schedule for these matches, some of them will be broadcasted on Eurosport.
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools
Jose luis pirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:58   #87
Jose luis pirri
International
International

From UEFA.com:

A late penalty from Alberto Aquilani gave Paolo Berrettini's Italy a winning start in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship as they defeated Norway 1-0 in Balzers.

Aquilani, the Italian playmaker, converted the 89th-minute spot-kick to decide a Group A match of few goalscoring opportunities. Playing in torrential rain, Italy had the better of a tight first half but struggled to break down a well-organised Norway defence.

Egil Olsen's side grew in confidence in the second period but still both sides struggled to create chances until a foul in his own penalty box by Norway substitute Vegard Lie opened the door for AS Roma's Aquilani to take all three points for Italy.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 23:41   #88
Della Rocca
Premier Player

Teams: La Nazionale, ASR
We beat Liectenstein 5-1 to get to the semi ,and today we beat the czechs 1-0 to get to the final.It is against portugal.We already tied them 1-1 earlier in the group stage so it should be a good game. Rematch of the toulon tournament. Revenge for us i hope.
CHE VINCA , CHE PERDA , LA JUVE RESTA MERDA
Della Rocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 14:56   #89
Tommi
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Inter, Gli Azzurri
Eurosport will broadcast that Final starting at 20 CET.

Ciao,
Tommi
Code:
Visit The Best Damn Inter-net Site Period or be a Juvenista!
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 16:23   #90
Tinto
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
Anyone here know if the final, (this Saturday at 2:00 p.m. if you're in the New York time zone), is being broadcast?

Appreciate any info.
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 17:10   #91
Mikey
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Italian NT
That's going to be a tough match for us. I think Portugal are the stronger side from what I've seen.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 17:42   #92
Tinto
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
Well, I don't know about that. I didn't see the first game we played against you guys, and we let in 3 goals yesterday. Simply can't do that again and hope for a chance of winning.

Should be a good game, the teams apparently have very different styles.
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2003, 11:08   #93
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Im back - heard we got to the final of the Under 19's. Anyone watching the tournament can ypu tell me the stars for Italy so far - thanx!
Old July 26th, 2003, 10:36   #94
JKris
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Passino (or Pazzino?) the striker showed some great pace and nice runs from what I saw in the semifinal. Didn't see the whole match tough and in the second half Italy wasn't as good as in the first, especially not after the goal.
In the end only memories remain.
JKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 14:28   #95
Jose luis pirri
International
International

Probable lineups for the final:

Italy (4-4-2): Paoloni; Ferronetti, Bellotti, Potenza, Mantovani; Padoin, D'Astolfo, Aquilani, Chielini; Pazzini, Della Rocca

Portugal (4-3-3): Paulo Ribeiro; J.Pereira, Amoreirinha, Fernande, Daniel; Rodrigo Angelo, Organista, Helio Pinto; F.Oliveira, Hugo Almeida, Paulo Sergio
Old July 26th, 2003, 14:34   #96
Della Rocca
Premier Player

Teams: La Nazionale, ASR

play Lodi Paolo!!!
CHE VINCA , CHE PERDA , LA JUVE RESTA MERDA
Della Rocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 18:50   #97
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Lodi is easily the star player and he may be on bench seeing as Ive been away - is he injured or something????

That U19 line-up impresses me greatly. Ferronetti, Aquilani, Della Rocca, Pazzini, Chiellini and Montovani I have heard all to be very good, even if all wont make it, they all have potential. Lets not forget to mention Lodi and also the injured Pederzoli from Juve isnt in the squad!
Old July 26th, 2003, 19:12   #98
pirri
Star Player

Teams: BLAAH
chiellini is crapper then anything ive ever seen....he is nothing...he wil;l be nothing...just a loon...he is so crap
Fiorentina- Sign Stefano Fiore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.conceição
i remember him teaming up with toni very very well, in 2006 or 2007 where you guys finished 4th place.
why on earth didn't you sign him? for as little as 2 million valencia asked, sure he was worth it !

now he's stuck somewhere in cosenza i believe, but surely his carreer could have turned out other way, if la viola took him over.
(march 27th 2010)
pirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 20:52   #99
Deano
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Yeah I just saw the match and that is quite true Mainly because he is actually a defender but being played LW

Anyway:

Italy beat Portugal superbly 2-0 in a brave performance. The dirty Portuguese were just trying to make the Italians react which didnt happen and Italy's U19 team looks great!

Paoloni 7
Ferronetti 7.5
Bellotti 7
Potenza 8
Mantovani 7
Padoin 7
D'Astolfo 7
Aquilani 7.5
Chiellini 6
Pazzini 7.5
Della Rocca 7
Old July 26th, 2003, 20:58   #100
_ruicosta_
Rookie

Teams: Real Madrid, AC Milan
Hey someone got the tapes wrong...
I just saw wrestling here
Na Ribeira:
- Ó Guida, logo à noite bais ás Antas ?
- Naue, bou ó cinema.
- Bais ber o quiê?
- Olha, bou ber os "C*lhões de Nabarone".
- Ó Guida, naum é os "C*lhões de Nabarone" ; é os "Canhões de Nabarone".
- Ó??? F*da-se!!! Atoun, bou às Antas !!!
_ruicosta_ is offline   Reply With Quote