Xtratime Community banner

Mercato 2013/14

21K views 524 replies 15 participants last post by  Pietro 
#1 · (Edited)
Hopefully you have all successfully received the initial player list by email this evening - including everyone's six keepers.

Please submit your first round of bids to Romanista10 by 22:00 (UK) next Wednesday 25th September (that's 23:00 Central European time; 17:00 in New York etc).

Many of us have various commitments and holidays over the coming days so unfortunately it's necessary to have this week-long period for the first round. However, we're still on course to start the league comfortably early enough (unlike last year!!) so there's no rush.

Good luck everyone :)

#4 ·
Good luck everyone :)

Whoever gets Arturo, take good care of El Gurreiro :proud:

#8 ·
the only good thing about you leaving is the availability of vidal, and there's only 1 in 12 chance for any of us signing him. it was fun playing against you.

the answer and il luogotenente are awesome additions tho. :thumbsup:

I have 3 questions that are really going to show my newb status.. sorry in advance:

1) The rules state you need to have exactly 23 players, so can we bid for 'more' than 23? Assuming of course that I'm not going to get all the players I place bids for.

2) What happens if there is more than 1 equivalent highest bid? Do only those who tied for highest bid get to retry against each other, does the player go back into the general pool, or is there some other method of determining who gets him?

3) Are the values assigned to each player a minimum, or an estimate?
1. no, can't bid more more than 23
2. goes back into the general pool
3. minimum

:)

edit: or what andrey already said.

#6 · (Edited)
I have 3 questions that are really going to show my newb status.. sorry in advance:

1) The rules state you need to have exactly 23 players, so can we bid for 'more' than 23? Assuming of course that I'm not going to get all the players I place bids for.

2) What happens if there is more than 1 equivalent highest bid? Do only those who tied for highest bid get to retry against each other, does the player go back into the general pool, or is there some other method of determining who gets him?

3) Are the values assigned to each player a minimum, or an estimate?

#11 ·
A hot Market week awaits

The market is about to begin and there sure is two names on the forefront. Carlos Tevez is a name that wet the lips for both veteran and novice managers. New manager "TA87" is said to table a 500 bid to get this Juve jewel, even if that would levea him with 50 to bid for star midfielder Arturo Vidal and then have to use the last 50 to fill up the squad with "3" and "1" players. Meanwhile many others are eyeing up Star scorer Gonzalo Higuian, while more frugal ones might put it a sizeable bid for journeyman Cassano. Another older Italian might attract some eyes, as Diamanti is a regular scorer and assister. Certainly I would have mentioned Mario Gomez is not for his injury. He is someone for the manager who wants to invest in the future.

Meanwhile veteran manager and corrupt League president Pietro was asked if he would bid for any Bollgna players. He was reported saying "Are you mad? I am putting all my faith in players from Sassuolo". pavnedved otherwise is tabling bids for 10 more players that dont yet play in serie A, while Johan is said to make bid based on whether players ever featured in Milans youth team.

Bryan Mercatio

#24 ·
Could it be?

"Chilean winger Eduardo Vargas is set to end his contract with Gremio in January and Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is keen to offer the club’s former player a second chance at Stadio San Paolo.

Napoli signed the 23-year-old for €13.5 million in 2011, but the winger struggled to earn first team opportunities at the club and was loaned out to the Brasillian Outfit Gremio in January. Following impressive form for his club and country, the former Chelsea boss could expect Vargas to join the Napples in January after his deal expires.

The Chilean International has so far scored six goals for Gremio and another six in his seven appearances for Chile."

#16 ·
My work commitments I had booked this week (which meant a lot of travelling) have been cancelled so I'm now available most evenings this week.

Therefore, please get your bids into R10 as soon as possible (if you haven't done so already) because I'm now able to finalise everything tonight if possible.

Obviously tomorrow night's deadline still stands but if we can get all 12 lists to R10 by tonight, that'd be a bonus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.