Xtratime Community banner

Best Dutch centre back?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DJ Libz 
#1 ·
Who's the best Dutch centre back?

Is it Vertonghen? Hector Moreno? Douglas? Someone else? Whats the top 3.

#3 ·
Hard to tell. They all have their weaknesses and I hardly can see anyone from the current batch going to a real good club

#6 ·
Personally i think that Bouma (despite his age and absence from the game in the past 2 years) is better than both Marcelo and Wisgerhof. Im not sure that Marcelo is even better than Maza atm.

Jan Wuytens and Yoshida (based on his performances for Japan, not Venlo) can arguably make the list or if not are the best CB's to miss out.

#7 ·
Vertonghen would make it purely on the basis that he's solid and doesn't do stupid things. Same as Vlaar. Ideal for upper midtable sides in England or Germany.

#10 ·
I'm not so sold on Douglas. He is an absolute rock in the Eredivisie. I don't think there's a defender physically more imposing than him in the league but his performances in the CL left a bit to be desired. He looked a bit silly against Spurs for example.

1. Vertonghen for me
2. Douglas
3. Vlaar

It's a shame we messed up so badly against AA Gent. Otherwise it'd have been interesting to see Vlaar against international opposition. Now we're purely basing it on the Eredivisie and that shouldn't be the case for a 26 year old potential Oranje back-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.