Xtratime Community banner

Predictions/Betting

32K views 557 replies 36 participants last post by  The Joker 
#1 ·
I know we have a lot of threads on here as it is but I figured this one would be interesting where we can share our predictions in all the Serbian related sports and outside such as EPL and what not. Also a /betting thread where we can exchange stories on how much money we made :) or lost :cry:

I had a motivation for this thread after seeing all the excitements that's to come in September. It's definitely going to be hard on the heart but i'll start off with the predictions.

EP WaterPolo- Gold (7-6) It's either going to be a Montenegro-Croatia final or Serbia-Croatia final. I can't see anything else happening here and if we do make it to the finals I think the Croats will choke at their own home. Too much pressure on their players while we have nothing to lose considering we're not the reigning champions(Montenegro).

SP Basketball- Silver (70-64) With the form we are in and the Ivkovic at charge along with our talented youngster I don't see anything less than Semis but i'll even take it one step further and say we reach the finals(if we don't play Spain in the semis) Even without Pau I think Spain have incredible debt and team chemistry. Their gameplay doesn't suit us and I think we would fair against the inexperienced USA better than Spain. Spain to win gold comfortably. Also, if you look at the previous World Championships in basketball USA has hardly done anything.

SP Volleyball- Gold (straight sets) Again, anything less than Semi's would be a dissapointment. I think this team has what it takes to take it to the next level and take out Brazil. It's payback this time and the only teams I see causing us trouble are Russia and Brazil.

US Open- Nole(Final) Jelena(Semis) Ana(3rd round) Tipsarevic(2nd round) Troicki(3rd round)

Nole- If he plays the same tennis he played at the Rogers cup against Pederer then we will see quite a showing from him. I also believe his conditioning has improved. He looks in much better shape than in the previous majors. Fed or Nadal to take title.

Jelena- She always likes to show off at the US Open and she tries extra hard here because all her American friends are watching. The women's draw is completely unpredictable and anything can happen but we'll see.

Ana- I think she'll be back again one day but not this year that's for sure. She played some inspiring tennis recently but she's not physically ready to be in the top ten yet.

Tipsarevic- Unpredictable but doesn't fair well at the US Open usually. His level of tennis is dropping recently.

Troicki- Has improved a lot since last year. I think he could even suprise and make it a round further. We'll see how his ambitions fair.

EP Football- Serbia vs Faroe Islands (4-0) Anything other than a win and Antic should resign from football forever. I think the Greece game was enough of a humilation for him and our nation. I'm expecting a new lineup. I'm expecting some new faces in the starting lineup(Tosic&Lazovic) and i'm expecting our players to go full intensity the whole 90 minutes. The first game dictates everything. I'm glad we have an easy game first round and rarely does Antic ever underestimate our opponents which is one of his quality traits and why I predicted a 4-0 smashing at home.

Betting: I don't bet not because I don't gamble but because I don't fully understand it yet. Seems tricky but I know a lot of people who constantly come out with more money than they put in every month. Guess it takes practice.

Would love to hear everyones predictions though.

And RSF- You better not close my thread you old bastard :ass:

See less See more
#228 ·
*sigh*

Dissapointing weekend. Lost about every bet.

I should have picked my bets smarter instead I let my tired brain do the work. I just realized now that I put Roma to win in like 10 of my bets LMAO What an idiot. I have like 5 bucks left Im going to make one bet per week and when I run out I run out...No rebuy ;)

#229 ·
Won again today.

Utrecht win against Vitesse
Rad win against Spartak
PSV win against Feyenoord
Az win against Willem II
Twente win against ADO

I have put a bet which I think is good

Rosenberg - Atletico win Atletico
Hajduk - Zenith win Zenith
CSKA Moscow - Palermo win CSKA
Hapoel - Schalke win Schalke
Zilina - Marseille win Marseille
Bursaspor - Man Utd. Win Man utd

qoute:33.86

#232 ·
I think Hajduk may fvck you over mate, it could be a draw.

#233 ·
Marseille might as well too. They've had a tough game this weekend against Lille where they came back from losing 1-0 to eventually win 1-3 ;)

What day are these games being played btw I haven't checked yet? November or this upcoming week?

#235 ·
Yes, when it comes to betting last night, I'm an idiot; however, when it comes to life in general, you are an abomination. A virgin who will probably never produce an offspring. Pickoooooooooooooooooooooo

Sto licis na moja govna toliko?

#239 ·
Zilina is not a big club by any means but they have a few players who could cause some problems like Vladavic or whatever his name is from Bosnia. Definitely one of the better players when they played Chelsea.

Btw, why the hell haven't Atletico Madrid gotten rid of Luis Amaranto Perea? He's been shit for a couple seasons now and it's time for him to leave.

#240 ·
I had a few Multis and this one was the closest!

Liverpool (0.5 goals in first half)
Man U (win first half)
Barcelona (WIN)
Inter (draw)
Chelsea (win by 2+)
Lazio WIN
Juventus WIN
Arsenal (total goals 2.5+)

It was paying an amazing amount and as you can see the onyl ones that fkd me up was Juve had a draw and Liverpool game the first score was second half! grr

#241 ·
I suggest you all try ingame betting or live betting as it can be called.

I usually do it for waterpolo. volleyball, basketball and tennis. Check out the options, it can be an easy way to make money.

#242 ·
yeah see I have stopped my online account ahah and now only do mutlis through actual sportski clubs. Live betting is easy but very dangerous as you get heaps tempted to put bigger money on a live result.

#246 ·
Nibble how are you bets going? What are your predictions for the weekend???

Also NBA is starting now, Mrkela are you still doing the 3-4 home favourites x $100?

Btw where is Boris4c!

#248 ·
11/03/10 Ajax (UEFAChampsLg) +165
15:45 ET

11/02/10 Lyon (UEFAChampsLg) +225

11/02/10 ManchesterUtd (UEFAChampsLg) -166

11/02/10 Barcelona (UEFAChampsLg) -222

11/03/10 Arsenal (UEFAChampsLg) +120

11/02/10 InterMilan (UEFAChampsLg) +145

11/03/10 Marseille (UEFAChampsLg) -166

11/04/10 ManchesterCity (UEFAEuropaLg) -166
14:00 ET

11/04/10 AtleticoMadrid (UEFAEuropaLg) -105

What do you guys think?
Which ones do you think will let me down?

#249 ·
mate i missed out on two multis this wknd!! get this:

$100 on

Lazio win
Barca win
Chelsea win first half!! FKN ARGHHH

paying $800.

$5 on

Juventus 2.1 win
Lazio 2.1 win ARGHHHHHH

Paying $700

#251 ·
Boys another close one!! fkn hell can;t get one right.

Cop v Bar - 1.1
Rub v Man U - 0.2

Fkn manchester why did they have to score another one :) would have paid $800

#254 ·
Yeah I tend to mix it up cause 2 correct scores pays big money so I just put $2-$5 per bet.

#255 ·
I'm NEVER going to do a parlay bet again :frustrat:

Every fucking week there's some kind of upset.

How the hell does Man City lose 3-1 when they won 3-0 last week comfortably.

How the hell deos juve draw at home?

I just needed thsoe two teams to win and i would have had a 9 game parlay payout WTF

#256 ·
thats gotta be frustrating. every time i go for an accumulator some shit upset happens as well. Last week i had 6 games.... got 5 of them and i was screwed by rangers drawing at home. stupid 1.11 that i could have done without :palm:

so i know how you feel

#257 ·
extremely frustrating

a couple weeks ago I was 1 and 2 games away from winning a couple grand. I lose even the smallest bets. For example, Lyon and Ajax effed me over yesterday too.

It's whatever I'm done with better. Betting is such a brilliant scam. It's almost inevitable that one is going to lose.

#258 ·
well yeah in a sense. But its not a scam in the true sense of the word.

think about it. the obvious games have a low price so you cant make much profit! the obscure ones have a higher price. the upsets have the highest prices. The same way you analyze games, a bunch of experts can analyze them as well.

in the end you feel like you wanna combine many obvious games in order to make profit, right? BUT, the more you combine, the more chance there is of an upset to screw everything up.

:palm:

#260 ·
my accumulator for tonight is hanging by the Inter Milan vs Brescia game! I shall know my fate in 90 minutes :D

seriously they'd better fuking win or i'm getting pissed. but lately nothing is certain with this inter but i'm hoping for a backlash after the totenham game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.