Xtratime Community banner

Predictions/Betting

32K views 557 replies 36 participants last post by  The Joker 
#1 ·
I know we have a lot of threads on here as it is but I figured this one would be interesting where we can share our predictions in all the Serbian related sports and outside such as EPL and what not. Also a /betting thread where we can exchange stories on how much money we made :) or lost :cry:

I had a motivation for this thread after seeing all the excitements that's to come in September. It's definitely going to be hard on the heart but i'll start off with the predictions.

EP WaterPolo- Gold (7-6) It's either going to be a Montenegro-Croatia final or Serbia-Croatia final. I can't see anything else happening here and if we do make it to the finals I think the Croats will choke at their own home. Too much pressure on their players while we have nothing to lose considering we're not the reigning champions(Montenegro).

SP Basketball- Silver (70-64) With the form we are in and the Ivkovic at charge along with our talented youngster I don't see anything less than Semis but i'll even take it one step further and say we reach the finals(if we don't play Spain in the semis) Even without Pau I think Spain have incredible debt and team chemistry. Their gameplay doesn't suit us and I think we would fair against the inexperienced USA better than Spain. Spain to win gold comfortably. Also, if you look at the previous World Championships in basketball USA has hardly done anything.

SP Volleyball- Gold (straight sets) Again, anything less than Semi's would be a dissapointment. I think this team has what it takes to take it to the next level and take out Brazil. It's payback this time and the only teams I see causing us trouble are Russia and Brazil.

US Open- Nole(Final) Jelena(Semis) Ana(3rd round) Tipsarevic(2nd round) Troicki(3rd round)

Nole- If he plays the same tennis he played at the Rogers cup against Pederer then we will see quite a showing from him. I also believe his conditioning has improved. He looks in much better shape than in the previous majors. Fed or Nadal to take title.

Jelena- She always likes to show off at the US Open and she tries extra hard here because all her American friends are watching. The women's draw is completely unpredictable and anything can happen but we'll see.

Ana- I think she'll be back again one day but not this year that's for sure. She played some inspiring tennis recently but she's not physically ready to be in the top ten yet.

Tipsarevic- Unpredictable but doesn't fair well at the US Open usually. His level of tennis is dropping recently.

Troicki- Has improved a lot since last year. I think he could even suprise and make it a round further. We'll see how his ambitions fair.

EP Football- Serbia vs Faroe Islands (4-0) Anything other than a win and Antic should resign from football forever. I think the Greece game was enough of a humilation for him and our nation. I'm expecting a new lineup. I'm expecting some new faces in the starting lineup(Tosic&Lazovic) and i'm expecting our players to go full intensity the whole 90 minutes. The first game dictates everything. I'm glad we have an easy game first round and rarely does Antic ever underestimate our opponents which is one of his quality traits and why I predicted a 4-0 smashing at home.

Betting: I don't bet not because I don't gamble but because I don't fully understand it yet. Seems tricky but I know a lot of people who constantly come out with more money than they put in every month. Guess it takes practice.

Would love to hear everyones predictions though.

And RSF- You better not close my thread you old bastard :ass:

See less See more
#3 ·
Gambling is a disease. In 2003 I was up 15,000 euros and lost it all. Haven't even thought of betting since then.

#7 ·
Nole to win in 4 sets (7-6) loss
Spain to win by less than 5 points.

Reasoning: I believe this team is too inexperienced to close out a game. They haven't really gone up against a power-house yet in basketball considering Argentina and Croatia aren't what they once used to be. This team has shown how vulnerable they are towards the end of the game and that will be the deciding factor for me. We might even lead going into the 4th but that's when experience kicks in...

#12 ·
Mate stocks are fkd now, im down a fair bit cause of this one bank. So not the best investment!

As for gambling, I have lost a fair bit of money in my time haha I wont talk of figures.

Best gambling is just small multis, I wish I could just do small multis but anyone else that is the way to go. 5-7 legs and put down $10, $20 bucks.

#31 ·
Mate stocks are fkd now, im down a fair bit cause of this one bank. So not the best investment!

As for gambling, I have lost a fair bit of money in my time haha I wont talk of figures.

Best gambling is just small multis, I wish I could just do small multis but anyone else that is the way to go. 5-7 legs and put down $10, $20 bucks.
Playing stock market is a lot safer then gambling. I play it risky but someone can easily make money buy using discipline like if you lose 7% sell for a loss and if you make 20% sell for profit. That way it would take 3 bad investments to erase 1 good one away. I like to track around 20 stocks and wait for one of them to fall and then buy the shit out of it it for a bounce then sell and be patient for another one to drop. I also have some I hold for long term.

#13 ·
Another way is to put down a lot of money on a sure game. Such as Barcelona vs. some third league Spanish team in the cup. You should win less than 100 on 1000. It's nothing but one day it will be something. I have a friend back in Serbia who has been doing that for a few years and he is a few thousand richer than he used to be.

As for stocks, I have a few long terms stocks that my father left me that have grown in some value. I tried doing some short term stocks a few years ago but I missed the time to sell by a few days because I was on vacation. After that it dropped and I made no profit.

#14 ·
Yeah true, but Barca games for a sure win usually pay 1.03, 1.05. 1.10 if you are lucky so pretty much you are risking 1000 to make 30-100 dollars. Therefore, you need to win 10-20 of those games in a row in order to make a 1000 bucks and ensure yourself.

Otherwise one draw and you lose a 1000.

#15 ·
It should be about 14 or 15 games on average to double up. There are probably more than 15 games like that in a single month. It would take 49 games to make over 10 000.

#16 ·
Yes but all you need is one of those games for a draw to happen, no game is certain. Still if u got the cash its the good way to go about it.

#19 ·
Nice thread guys. :thumbsup:

The best way to make money from gambling is by sticking to singles. If you're betting on football then look at the asian handicap market and never place more than 5% of your bankroll on any one bet. Adjust your stakes accordingly but the 5% rule is a must for anyone looking to make a few quid through gambling. The worst thing you can do is go chasing your losses. There is no quick fix in gambling. You've just got be patient and keep grinding away.

#20 ·
I never placed a bet on Serbia or clubs/countries that I am biased towards or against. When I was in Germany, from time to time I had been given free bet vouchers and I had used them but here in Canada betting is viewed as a disease so I haven't seen any vouchers.

Seeing as how I am an expert in this field I think I'll give some weekly advice here. But be warned I tend to bet on very obscure games as well as live in play.

Football

Sep 09 16:00 New Zealand Women U17 v Spain Women U17 10.00 5.25 1.20 (This game is at a neutral venue as it is the World Cup and there will also be live in play. They beat Japan 4-1 and are European Champions as well)

Sep 14 14:45 Barcelona v Panathinaikos 1.12 7.00 17.00 (Panathinaikos is not a bad team but then again I haven't seen a better Barcelona team. Panathinaikos tied Xanthi 1-1 at home in their league opener, they have a few players out injured and starts like Ninis looking to leave on a Bosman transfer at the end of the year. Barca beat Sevilla 5-3 on aggregate in the super cup winning 4-0 at home and Racing 3-0 away)

Volleyball

Netherlands 1.10 Estonia 6.00 (Euro Qualifiers, nothing more to say. The dutch will give them a spanking)

#22 ·
You say that but I still rose my balance to 15,000 in with similar odds before blowing it on a risky game. Either through multi bets or placing large amounts of money. What I tend to do is initially start of with small but risky multibets until I build up a few thousand and then I bet on single games with the large amount.

#23 ·
I don't think you've got a profitable longterm plan in place. The fact you could wipe out your whole bankroll with one bet isn't a good sign. I also do not know how you can possibly think there's value in those three selections.

#24 ·
Don't you worry about my bankroll :howler: And like I said I haven't gambled in years as I promised my father on his deathbed that I would lead an honorable life.

And it is fairly profitable. I helped my friend last year get from 100 euros to 5000 in 4 weeks.

#25 ·
Don't you worry about my bankroll :howler: And like I said I haven't gambled in years as I promised my father on his deathbed that I would lead an honorable life.
I'm just trying to get a debate going. I'm not bothered if you go bust again but i'm interested in betting so i like to discuss these things. So is that a three team accumulator you've put on?

#29 ·
Like I said I haven't gambled in many years.

I don't use the asian handicap. And even though this is my system I often only do live in play bets. I mostly bet on tennis, volleyball, waterpolo and other fast scoring sports. You may find my ways unorthodox but I rarely lost in the past and I never bet my original risk but my profits.

#30 ·
This month boys Ive lost over 1k. Im dying, only Serbia can save me now in the basketball!

#32 ·
Primera: Blamaža Barselone

Senzacija na "Kamp Nou"! Šampion Španije propisno se obrukao u drugom kolu Primere. Novajlija u ligi Erkules je savladao Barselonu na „Nou kampu" rezultatom 2:0 (1:0) pogocima reprezentativca Paragvaja Nelsona Valdeza.

Eto MILE SRBINE da sam stavijo 1000 dolara na Basrselonu za ovaj mec puko bi hahah. BAs sam gledo i mislijo da probam onaj tvoj stil. Barselona placala 1.03 za pobjedu jebote a vidi sta se desilo!!!!

#33 ·
They should beat the Greeks. Spanish giants always under perform against minnows.

A friend of mine just went up 3000 from beting live in play Djokovic and Federer. He predicted Federer winning the first set, losing the second, winning the third, losing the fourth. If Djokovic wins the fifth set and match he will be buying me this one BAR exam book :D

#35 ·
Partizan paying excellent against shahktor..Need to win some money back ahha dizasta last month!!

#36 ·
:howler:

Reminds me of when I lost a lot of money when they beat Newcastle but the I made it back when Marseilles spanked them away.

#38 ·
FAIL :D

#39 ·
Barcelona 5 - 1 Panathinaikos
New Zealand 1 - 3 Spain u17 womens world cup

Estonia beat Netherlands though :(

#43 ·
Put a £2 accumulator on;

Chelsea to beat Man city
Man utd to beat Bolton
Arsenal to beat west brom
Liverpool to beat sunderland
Forest to beat Swansea
Cardiff to beat Millwall
Leeds to beat Sheffield united
Newcastle to beat Stoke

Return £130

#45 ·
Who would have thought, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would all **** up... :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.